PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't even find patch notes for that 900mb one we had yesterday. There was some vague mention of removing ESL stuff on Reddit, but nothing official. Kind of bizarre.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm getting addicted to Pewdiepie's streams lol, really wish I had the time to play this!

Fadaar

That guy
They are pretty great and he is good at the game, lots of wins and second palces.

Any better streamers you'd suggest?

Any of the TSM guys are pretty good, Smak is just the most entertaining IMO. Shroud is a goddamn monster and Doc is.... something you just need to experience. Vsnz another great player and teams up with some other good players pretty often. Honestly just hit up the PUBG list of highest streamers on Twitch during the afternoon/early evening and most any of them are worth watching.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah DrDisrespect is my go to streamer along with grimmz, Dr is a persona but funny as hell whereas grimmz is super chill and he reminds me a lot of that seagull guy from overwatch

just click the heart button on random people you like and you'll see them on the followed channels on the left, no need to pay $$ for subs or any shit like that. mostly people you follow will revolve around the hours you watch streams, like I usually watch mid afternoons while I'm watching a show or playing a game so I don't have too many late evening streamers on my follow list

the saddest thing is finding people with like 1-50 viewers, following them for a few years, and then they suddenly disappear one day. RIP streamer dreamer

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
yeah DrDisrespect is my go to streamer along with grimmz, Dr is a persona but funny as hell whereas grimmz is super chill and he reminds me a lot of that seagull guy from overwatch

I agree about DrDis, but completely disagree about grimmz. Find him to not be super chill like seagull at all, see him being a whiney cunt far to often. But at least he is no Ninja.

Fadaar forgot to mention tsm_break is crazy to watch, he is a beast at killing people. I randomly watch rampage jackson sometimes for laughs.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grimmz kinda turned it back around the past week or so, more like when I first saw him start playing PUBG. Really seemed to calm down a lot. I also recommend Shroud, Aculite, Anthony_Kongphan, BreaK, all are great

xzi

Mouthbreather
Grimmz is a little bitch, yeah. He's still a good player if you just want to watch a good player it's not bad, just mute him.

The DOC is who I go to for entertainment, on like all of twitch though lol.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'm not too interested in these types of games but what does interest me is that this game seems to be the same as H1Z1 and H1 was on the scene first and it's basically dead now. Why? Anyone got a TL/DR? I'm guess it's just a shit studio v. a better one.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not too interested in these types of games but what does interest me is that this game seems to be the same as H1Z1 and H1 was on the scene first and it's basically dead now. Why? Anyone got a TL/DR? I'm guess it's just a shit studio v. a better one.

Devs got greedy, updates slowed to a crawl. Normal early access shit, very good chance the same thing will happen to PUBG. The last bit of game development is hard, it's tedious, and expensive. Early access lets you skip it all together at the price of pissing off your playerbase. But you've already got their money so who cares about them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Didn't they also split H1 into two different games, where it wasn't before?

Plus Daybreak is absolute trash and have ruined every single game they bought from SOE so that helps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
H1 was action "jump in, kill 25 people with the same gun" type game. PUBG was more strategy variety. H1 was more of an aiming simulator vs PUBG which was more tactics.

Basically PUBG was an evolved H1 and now H1 has to copycat to catch up. They'll do well if they keep the fast pace up of H1 comparatively to PUBG. PUBG can be running nonstop some games, especially in FP if you don't want everyone on the map shooting at your car.

spronk

FPS noob
h1z1 is very basic in its loop - you land, loot a backpack, helmet, gun or two, and some first aid kits and maybe body armor if you are lucky. thats it, no one ever does any of their stupid ass crafting shit and it feels like you spend the rest of the fight humping it towards the circle, god forbid any vehicles ever spawn near you. after the first few pickups you are mostly just looting ammo, whereas in pubg you are almost always looking to loot and it brings up some real crisis moments where you WANT to loot someone you just killed but doing so will probably get you killed.

its really just the really small, small things that make pubg better. first, a much wider variety of weapons PLUS the fact that most weapons have 3 or 4 attachment slots means there is WAY more variety in weapons and their configs, and you spend a lot more time hunting for that perfect 8x scope or kar98 sniper rifle, and you have to make some quick strategic decisions on whether you are going for a camper room game with shotgun or a m16 mid range game with a 4x based on what you loot early on.

games also start way quicker in pubg since default maps are 100 size, whereas h1 is 200 and waits a lot longer to spawn a new game. Its 1 minute or less almost always for pubg to start a game, it can be 3-5 mins for h1 which is a huge difference.

finally the start spawn is much nicer on pubg, you fly across the entire map (random vector) on a plane and jump out when you choose, whereas with h1 everyone kinda just starts at a random parachute point so people tend to clump up more. With pubg you can choose to go to the few heavy populated initial zones and claw your way out with minimal gear, or you can find a secluded spot and play for final 25 with few encounters. Also the energy drink stuff is nice in pubg, not just medkits to recover health but drinks/painkillers to have a regen effect.

and yeah beyond the meta game the pubg devs seem pretty focused on making their game really good and just work on 1 thing at a time per month, with a high laser focus on performance and stability. Daybreak seems kinda run by clowns in comparison, like patches that cause the game to crash when you fire a gun...