PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah they just sent the refund confirmation. I am really surprised I did not like it, my expectations must have been too high.I just needed more polish in the controls, if it felt as tight as Overwatch I might have called in sick on Monday because I love the idea of the Battle Royal.

Well to be fair, it went downhill hardcore after the 1.0 patch. It was in a pretty good spot prior to that patch, it needed work but it pales in comparison now.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they just sent the refund confirmation. I am really surprised I did not like it, my expectations must have been too high.I just needed more polish in the controls, if it felt as tight as Overwatch I might have called in sick on Monday because I love the idea of the Battle Royal.

You may want to try fortnites free battle royale. It’s pretty well polished. Thing is you can also build stuff to protect you as well. Games go a lot faster, and definitely more like overwatch’s style and control.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah the clunky ass controls of PUBG are definitely one of the worst parts of it. After playing a game like Destiny 2 the movement in PUBG hurts my brain.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I played a lot of Dayz/Epoch in Arma 2 and PUBG clicked for me because it plays a lot like Arma. If you're used to that, it is less jarring.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Replay feature is great. Got a solo chicken dinner today, but when I watched it on replay, it is interesting to see how many close calls I had.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I combined the two. This is the best thing I've ever seen in PUBG in 1000 hours.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

spronk

FPS noob
The World's Top-Selling Video Game Has a Cheating Problem
Tencent Holdings Ltd. is going after the cheaters and hackers that infest PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as it prepares to bring the world’s top-selling game to China.

Ahead of its official debut this year, the biggest gaming company on the planet has enlisted Chinese police to root out the underground rings that make and sell cheat software. It’s helped law enforcement agents uncover at least 30 cases and arrest 120 people suspected of designing programs that confer unfair advantages from X-Ray vision (see-through walls) to auto-targeting (uncannily accurate snipers). Those convicted in the past have done jail time.

what are you in jail for?
murder
rape
i cheated in a video game

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I played a lot of Dayz/Epoch in Arma 2 and PUBG clicked for me because it plays a lot like Arma. If you're used to that, it is less jarring.

Same, the game controls feel fine versus your typical milsim. It's the netcode and cheating that suck.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The netcode is fucking infuriating. Landed somewhere, was looting fine, teammates on the other side of the US weren't. Then we encountered one squad as we moved through a town and it all turned into a rubber banding shitshow.

I never even got to fire my weapon as I came around a corner, saw the enemy then rubber banded back behind the corner knocked down.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the clunky ass controls of PUBG are definitely one of the worst parts of it. After playing a game like Destiny 2 the movement in PUBG hurts my brain.

Its why I could not play it, the whole toggle ADS is AIDS. I guess you can get used to it, whatever, it felt clunky as hell to me for a shooter. I bought this shit way back when it first went for sale for pre-release and never played it since. My kid is playing it on xbone though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Its why I could not play it, the whole toggle ADS is AIDS. I guess you can get used to it, whatever, it felt clunky as hell to me for a shooter. I bought this shit way back when it first went for sale for pre-release and never played it since. My kid is playing it on xbone though.

You can change that, I set mine up for hold.

Hekotat

Well I guess they added it then, it wasnt in at release and it was retarded.

It was a recent addition and it's retarded to enable, you have to change it in two spots in the settings to get it to work.

Fadaar

That guy
The biggest issue I have with changing that setting is you end up ADS while trying to shoot from a vehicle

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hold for focus hip fire and toggle for ADS. It's not even an issue after you play for your first hour.

How should they have done it? A separate key for the focus hip fire?

Fadaar

That guy
I don't like toggle ADS, I prefer hold. I don't have any issues with the default settings, I've gotten used to it despite its oddball quirks.