PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand why everyone decided loot boxes was the best method for this. Why not just a flat amount? Hey, you want this shitty t-shirt? That'll be 25 cents. Want that cool biker jacket? $5.

You still have your cosmetics, but it's not locked behind some obscene game of chance for something that doesn't impact gameplay at all.

There's a reason gambling does so well even though most people know the house always wins. Humans apparently love having 'a chance' at getting what they want. I don't fucking understand it at all.

I've only spent in game cash on actual 'stuff', and never loot boxes (EQ2, though it has more than its fair share of loot box crap with LoN, pets etc)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Because gambling abuses human psychology way the fuck more. It's 100% to take advantage of their userbase and maximize profit, nothing more. There are some games where you can just buy cosmetics but they are the exception now, at least as far as major releases go, until these digital gamble boxes actually get recategorized as actual gambling.

I would roll if games with lootboxes got classified as gambling and were only playable in states that allow gambling.

Going to Vegas for the weekend to play some Overwatch!

• 1Picard

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Since the both valve and X studio is getting a cut from w/e items are sold on the steam market for Y value, the damn keys shouldn't be required open the damn things.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because gambling abuses human psychology way the fuck more. It's 100% to take advantage of their userbase and maximize profit, nothing more. There are some games where you can just buy cosmetics but they are the exception now, at least as far as major releases go, until these digital gamble boxes actually get recategorized as actual gambling.
I just think of a game like Dota where they absolutely clean up on shit like cosmetics and compendiums. Give players something fun and they'll buy it. Loot boxes just make me want to stop playing your game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just think of a game like Dota where they absolutely clean up on shit like cosmetics and compendiums. Give players something fun and they'll buy it. Loot boxes just make me want to stop playing your game.

I think there's a lot of truth to what some others have said in here. There's like 5 Battle Royale games in Alpha/Beta right now and all of them are more polished than PUBG is. A few are more gritty and further refining the genre. Which is good.

PUBG is likely in too deep to turn the ship around and fix some of the games inherent design flaws, shit netcode, physics problems and bugs. They're going to be in for stiff competition and despite their success. They had the advantage of being the only game in town outside of Fortnite which, while more polished, is just a totally different tone of game.

DOTA can clean house on cosmetics and compendiums because they spent years refining DOTA from its original form. This genre is still in its relative infancy. But at least its advancing faster than the crafting survival genre which seems to never release anything outside of early release in 7 fucking years.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fortnite is the only BR now that's in better shape than PUBG. PUBG has issues, but besides Fortnite it has 0 competition. H1z1 is dead and all the other BRs are still "on development". Last time I watched some one play Isle of Nyne it looked like an xbox360 game. I can't even name any others.

Hekotat

Fortnite is the only BR now that's in better shape than PUBG. PUBG has issues, but besides Fortnite it has 0 competition. H1z1 is dead and all the other BRs are still "on development". Last time I watched some one play Isle of Nyne it looked like an xbox360 game. I can't even name any others.

It is the only one sure, but I find myself playing it less and less due to the netcode. What's weird about it all is it seems to wildly vary from day to day.

Check this out, just happened to a friend that plays....what in the fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
That's pretty funny, assuming it didn't cause him to die. If it had caused me to die I probably would have ragequit for the night.

• 1Solidarity

Delly

Trakanon Raider
First time playing the new map and I haven't played in several months. Definitely was not expecting to do well. Mostly was testing stream and microphone quality.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Magical UAZ's are indeed a thing. What happened there was the bug where they fall 95% into the earth until you bump into them, then they appear.

This, on the other hand, I can't explain:

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Gah wish they had never implemented replay. Duo game is going good, got an AWM from a crate and proceeded to dome a few people along with a fully decked out 416. Pretty much the ideal weapon combo, for me at least. Catch a pair running toward circle, engage and kill. Solo dude comes out from the weeds and kills us both. Like what the fuck what was a solo guy doing there? Turns out we saved his ass by engaging the pair he was engaging, which is why we caught them off guard so easily, so he took that opportunity to sneak up on where he already knew we were and got 2 easy close range kills with an AK. God dammit. Saving the guy that ends up killing you is straight up AIDS. Guess I kinda fucked up by not being alert since obviously there was someone else out there, but I thought they were far enough away I'd be able to heal/boost real fast. Nope, dude was maybe 50 yds away.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The most frustrating thing about this game is the nights you just can't fucking land on a gun

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The most frustrating thing about this game is the nights you just can't fucking land on a gun

Three games last night on duos on Xbox we get to final 25 people with shit guns. best example is I had a tommy gun and a shotgun, partner Uzi and the machien gun with the circle drum on top. No attachments for shit. but had 10 health packs between us.

Just no luck on guns.

Final game of night I land in a farm area, walk into first garage type building and pull a M416 and a vector with 2 attachments each and tons of ammo. Partner lands ,416 and a AKM. we load up. Next stop we find 2 more M416 and a bunch of attachments. Pop 2 kills each on our way to 2nd to last circle...and I fucking CRASH. First crash in 30 games since the patch, so it was a fluke. try to reconnect and the game just sits there. Appears there might have been server side issues last night. Partner tries to get to end and gets runover by a silent car while dodging and killing a duo in a buggy.

Fucking finally get something decent and the game fucked us.

Ill be honest, I havent seen a scar in weeks unless I pull it off a corpse.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I have been having sub optimal loot spawns too. Last night I made it to the final 17 before I found any kind of backpack or gun attachments.

Hekotat

I wish they'd put guns everywhere and just limit ammo a bit, they also need to fix shotguns.