Playstation 4

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

M$ feeling the pain...already back peddling as fast as they can.
Well now the system is almost palatable to me - 5/10 on a want scale (didn't update with the "+1" for at least including KI with the base unit) - give me a version without the bloated TV control and Kinect stuff I could give a shit about (or some other means to get it to $300-350 where its lesser hardware should be in relation to PS4's power) and we're in business.

Guess I'll P/O on Amazon just to have the bases covered in case I do go through with it, since it's at least borderline possible I'd get one now.

P8P_sl

shitlord
can;t seem to preorder this from amazon canada...
then pre-order from a different amazon...i'm sure if you're willing to pay list price and pre-order, you'll be willing to pick up any additional shipping fees. Not sure about shipping policies when ordering internationally though...

edit:

post 666

Bafometlarge.jpg

Vaclav

Amazon won't ship outside of the territory each website serves - he'd have to have an intermediary to manage that to my knowledge.

PS: Your avatar is more terrifying than the 666 pic.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Amazon won't ship outside of the territory each website serves
That's wrong. I've purchased more than a few region free blu-rays from Amazon UK, and my wife always buys shit from Amazon JP.

They'll ship to you and usually at a great price. You can often find region free box sets on Amazon UK that's cheaper than Amazon US even AFTER you add in shipping.

Vaclav

That's wrong. I've purchased more than a few region free blu-rays from Amazon UK, and my wife always buys shit from Amazon JP.

They'll ship to you and usually at a great price. You can often find region free box sets on Amazon UK that's cheaper than Amazon US even AFTER you add in shipping.
Interesting, only online store I know of that does that then - I know many others do various paygating to prevent it. Guess Amazon doesn't. (And note, you clipped my full quote - I did try to make it clear I wasn't 100%)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
In my eyes the damage has been done, I'm stubborn as shit though and don't take kindly to companies trying to fuck me because they can.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
this is by far the best example of how to hurt a company or how to make them listen, when there being ignorant.

However, this question is for the community.

Has the Damage been done? Is this xbox fix too little too late?
PS4 had gained an early lead but Xbone is still in the race and there is quite a bit of time left before the first console is released. At this point it is Sony's lead to lose. MS did the right thing today and I think it's good that we have the competition.

I suspect that what had the most effect on this turnaround was less the fans reactions then the used game sellers reactions. Pushing the PS4 preorders so that they could have a vibrant used game market would have shown significant early numbers leads for the PS4 that Microsoft couldn't ignore. Especially as those numbers would be fairly public which game developers could not fail to notice.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Excluding brand loyalty; the $100 price difference is really going to stick in some people's craw. I'm glad that MS decided to reverse their policies but to continue to jam the Kinect up people's asses is a bridge too far imo. Pre-orders are great (let's face it you're talking about 1 percenters here) but Black Friday and Holiday sales will be the determining factor in the short term.

Szlia

I think people realize a $100 isn't a huge deal when you consider the lifespan of a console. That being said, you still need a strong argument as to why there is a price difference. The problem here for Microsoft is two fold: 1) the core feature is weaker than its competition 2) some secondary features are stronger, but not interesting everyone. If you are not interested in Kinect, you pay a premium for a weaker machine and for not being able to turn your console on when you have a cold.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
That $100 is going to make a hell of a difference when you are faced with the options of A: Buy new system with another controller and a shiny new game for$519or B
smile.png
Buy a console with jack shit and a piece of hardware I don't want for$499.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Also the PS4 looks like it comes with monkeys dancing around it. The Xbone looks like a VCR from the 80s.