Playstation 4

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
just tried the coupon code. said i wasn't in the right country. guess they fixed it
frown.png

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Except infamous and resogun, the best games on the system. I think about Christmas time, there will be enough exclusives to make it worth it to most gamers.
I hope you're right. By Christmas there should probably be another price drop as well. So far though I've been extremely disappointed with the lack of quality titles on the next gen systems. And the games that are really good, look even better on a PC. The only PS4 exclusive that I've seen so far that really impressed me was The Division, and I heard they're probably going to make that game for PC as well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You need to realize that a PS4, while a strong piece of hardware, isn't nearly what a gaming computer is. And it never will be. That's to be expected with it's $399 price tag. $399 is a very low end PC. You spend a lot to get a lot. PS4 will never compete with what you can do at home, but it *will* receive exclusives that are build around what it's capable of doing, and it'll be amazing. Not at all unlike The Last of Us. Just give it time. This is still very early into the new system's life line. It's been out for what, 7-8 months now?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
$400 PC vs $400 PS4 the PS4 will win for years til probably early 2016. But yes, PC if you throw $600+ at it you'll likely be ahead some of the time.

Exclusives of course clinching the deal for those with both. Plus new House of Cards style direct programming starting with both PS4 and XBone soon.

Vaclav

Not this gen anymore Noodle, supposedly both XBone and PS4 are both slightly profitable this time. Maybe losing just a few dollars from shipping costs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's kind of weird because if you google "does sony lose money on ps4" you get about 50/50 on articles exclaiming both ends of the spectrum.

On another note, started the ME series on PS3. The graphics on ME1 are absolutely shit-tastic, do they get better in 2/3?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kind of weird because if you google "does sony lose money on ps4" you get about 50/50 on articles exclaiming both ends of the spectrum.

On another note, started the ME series on PS3. The graphics on ME1 are absolutely shit-tastic, do they get better in 2/3?
So they are either making or losing an insignificant amount on each console that instantly turns into profit when the person buying the console buys another controller or game. Compared to PS3, where Sony took massive losses with every console.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Correct but wasn't my point anyways.. my point being that buying a PS4 is much more bang-for-your-buck than buying a $400 gaming PC.

Crone

Does the story get better at all? I'm about an hour into ME1, and so far I'm just forcing myself to give a shit about aliens, and ancient artifacts...
frown.png

Fadaar

That guy
Does the story get better at all? I'm about an hour into ME1, and so far I'm just forcing myself to give a shit about aliens, and ancient artifacts...
frown.png
It starts off a little slow. If you want to skip ME1 to be honest I wouldn't blame you. The controls and general gameplay (here's looking at you Mako) are pretty shit in the original. You can always download the program thingy for ME2 that lets you pick the big 'choices' you make in ME1 for an imported save to ME2.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Aside from being dated control / gfx wise ME1 is pretty indicative of what you'll see in the series. Sets up a lot of the story and does get better. That said if its a kick in the balls to proceed you might not enjoy the series.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there an ideal starting class? Does it stick with you throughout the series? I went infiltrator because it sounded cool.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You choose a new class with each new game. Infiltrator is my favorite, especially later on.

Fadaar

That guy
You choose a new class with each new game. Infiltrator is my favorite, especially later on.
Same, I made an Infiltrator in ME1 long before ME2 had even been announced. Not sure how other classes stack up in ME2, but in ME3 the Infil is insanely good with the N7 Valiant rifle. Triple headshot in one cloak is pure destruction.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Few hours in.. I enjoy it but my god the load times on PS3 are absurd, that and the save times. Also the graphics are lol.