Playstation 5

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
No HBO max app and no guarantee it's coming, lame as hell. Been mooching my parents account since forever, the new app actually had alot of good shit on it besides just HBO.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Anyone know if there's any real difference between HDMI cords? I've got one of those slightly-expensive Rocketfish high-speed HDMI cords with gold/nickel plugs around here somewhere, wondering if using that instead of the nondescript included HDMI cord would result in any improvements.

Cord "design" only comes into play with longer-runs of HDMI short-range you'll see no difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i logged into my PS5 with a buddys account as a "guest", one time account and added the entire PS+ collection to his account. He can now access them all on his PS4 and play (he has PS+) so something to think about if you or a friend has a PS5 and either of you want to share some games. It just flags the list of 20 PS+ Collection games as playable, like God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, FF15 Royal Edition, etc. They only seem to require someone with a PS+ account to login to a PS5 at least once to enable it.

its funny though i basically just let my ps5 do a ton of installs and stuff today, and i spent most of the evening just watching anime on netflix on the ps5. the media remote is great, although i think i still prefer native TV netflix app esp since it supports Dolby Vision (LG TV) while the PS5 app does not

Last edited:

Terial

Trakanon Raider
2 things i don’t like so far:
1) no folders for games. I actually keep organized and i like my games to be in folders. “Digital” “CD” “party games” etc. can’t do that like you could on PS4

2) the system assumes every game you ever played or tried or demo’d you want to “follow” so under explore it shows you “videos of games you follow” “streams of games you follow”

The only way to unfollow a game is to go to your whole games library (easy enough) then you have to go into every game page and then the ellipsis, then click unfollow. I got through about 15 and then said fuck it because i have like 200+ more to go! There is no “unfollow all”

outside of that, system seems solid so far. The force feedback and the new dynamic “rumble” is really cool, really worth playing through Astros Playroom just to experience these things.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
BestBuy has been confusing.

I get a shipment notice with tracking number on Wednesday for delivery on Thursday, and my credit card shows the amount being authorized.

On Thursday, the tracking shows no delivery date anymore, and the amount has been removed from my credit card.

Later on Thursday, the tracking shows delivery date for the 16th, still not amount on my card.

Now it just arrived at work, I'm still not billed for it.

I hope in all their confusion that they forget to bill me. I expect to be billed in the next few days...but you never know. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
BestBuy has been confusing.

I get a shipment notice with tracking number on Wednesday for delivery on Thursday, and my credit card shows the amount being authorized.

On Thursday, the tracking shows no delivery date anymore, and the amount has been removed from my credit card.

Later on Thursday, the tracking shows delivery date for the 16th, still not amount on my card.

Now it just arrived at work, I'm still not billed for it.

I hope in all their confusion that they forget to bill me. I expect to be billed in the next few days...but you never know. :)
If the order is still open on their website, cancel it :)

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
My delivery window from FedEx is 9-315pm. Of course I've been stuck here all day waiting for it and still not here. I literally have to leave at 3pm to get my kid from school and I guarantee those motherfuckers will show up at 305. Signature required of course.

I'm already seething at the ridiculously large delivery window and now I guarantee I'll miss delivery anyway.

Stupid motherfuckers.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I just rejoiced because I heard a big truck parked outside my house.

It was a school bus.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I just rejoiced because I heard a big truck parked outside my house.

It was a school bus.
an Empty school bus because no one can go to school?

one pulls up to my house every day, I think they deliver lunches to kids or some bullshit.

• 1Worf

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
952B0603-67EC-4946-9279-3B36F3D4C343.jpeg

About gd time.

• 7Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 8 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey why didn't anyone like my picture :(

Damn, do I open this or sell it.
Sell it for insane prices while it's still hype and just pick it up later when more games are out for it.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users