Playstation 5

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Was trying to see if I could play AC Unity unpatched at 60 fps but even though I put don't patch games it did it anyways.

How are you supposed to see how much battery life you have left on your controller?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't even attempt to purchase a PS5. I'm going to at some point. Just waiting for the black version to come out. I'm not a big fan of white game systems, for whatever reason. The black just looks better, IMHO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
seeing how big it is I'm on the wait for a black slim version. that thing is hideous.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is why Im okay with Horizon being delayed until Fall. Plenty-o-time to get a machine by then and possible chance of there being a less hideous option as a bundle.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just going by weight alone, you are getting a lot for the money!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yet a buddy of mine just ordered one on Amazon yesterday when they opened it up at 5 and gets his tomorrow.
How did he order one? They have been unavailable for several days now on Amazon, no option to pre order or anything. Was there a small window yesterday that they allowed orders?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS5 is very different, there are seperate PS4 and PS5 versions of many next gen games (Ubisoft games, COD Black Ops, Miles Morales) and its confusing as hell since you could end up installing and playing the PS4 versions by accident. They do seem to share saves in some way.
Speaking of Ghosts... can it be transferred from PS4 and then patched, or does it need a fresh download to the PS5?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How did he order one? They have been unavailable for several days now on Amazon, no option to pre order or anything. Was there a small window yesterday that they allowed orders?

he ordered Thursday I guess it opened up?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What is good cheap external storage for the PS5?
I can't wait to play Ghosts on PS5.
So with Godfall getting "Middling" reviews, this is that I did with mine. Man, it looks amazing; I got bored midway through the third island and decided to wait until the PS5 to finish and I am amazed at how much better it looks. It was disorienting at 4k60fps for a bit.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The load times and smoothness of scrolling through the UI and swapping between games and apps is a thing of beauty. Probably magnified by the fact that the PS4 was soooo shit in that department, but that alone might be worth the upgrade for me.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is good cheap external storage for the PS5?
Depends on how much space you need and what you mean by cheap. IMO it would be insane to bog the PS5 down with a shitty mechanical drive no matter how big it is, so I'd go with this SSD if I was buying a new one today:

There's a $10 off coupon to bring it down to $120.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Looking like Target is the best hope for getting one of these since they seem to only sell in the stores and not online

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Bandwagon Bandwagon sooo, ole buddy ole pal...how’s the career going? Craving any random fanfic short stories lately? 😂😂

edit; for real though this generation looks pretty awesome and I’m almost most excited for the hype behind the new controllers with the new vibration and texture sensitivity, sounds cool as fuck. Was not a fan of the shape when I first saw it but I’m sure I can get used to it. Trying to figure out what to hold off on to play on the next generation and it seems like Valhalla and Tsushima will be among the last games I have on PS4 and will probably play those on 5 as well.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bandwagon Bandwagon sooo, ole buddy ole pal...how’s the career going? Craving any random fanfic short stories lately? 😂😂

edit; for real though this generation looks pretty awesome and I’m almost most excited for the hype behind the new controllers with the new vibration and texture sensitivity, sounds cool as fuck. Was not a fan of the shape when I first saw it but I’m sure I can get used to it. Trying to figure out what to hold off on to play on the next generation and it seems like Valhalla and Tsushima will
I think it's jooka jooka 's turn to buy another playstation. ;) I'm not even going to get one for myself until something ps5 only comes out

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Where in the blue fuck is the photo/video folder on this system? PS4 had the "screen captures" thing right there front and center. Took some videos while playing Demon's Souls and wanted to review what happened in the latest one (got stunlocked when I was about to win a boss fight) and the video/picture folder is like nowhere to be found.

Edit: Found it, it's in the Game Library folder for some reason, but it moves to the desktop once you open it once.

Last edited:

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone had any problems getting their controller to be identified through the front USB port? I tried repeatedly but nothing; however, when I switched to a USBC-USBC cable the controller was identified no problem. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the port or the supplied cable. I also don't know if this is related to the recharge issues some have encountered. Can you even charge through the USBC port? A little disconcerting but, fuck it, Demon's Souls.