Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PS5 controller is undoubtedly better, but it looks like Vorph has gotten used to being able to use the back button add ons that aren’t available for the dual sense for some retarded reason.

And there is really no legitimate reason that all pe5 games are restricted to DualSense. Let the game maker decide if the player needs the DualSense functionality to play the game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Back button attachment is about 80% of the problem, yeah. Rest is the mushy d-pad, still not being able to charge it unless I plug it directly into the console, and I'm not as much a fan of the ergonomics as others seem to be.
And there is really no legitimate reason that all pe5 games are restricted to DualSense. Let the game maker decide if the player needs the DualSense functionality to play the game.
Yep, that's the thing that really pisses me off. There's literally no reason for it except Sony are being cocksuckers, just like how they make PC Remote Play users use a wired controller because the program only accepts Bluetooth from a proprietary dongle that Sony hasn't even manufactured for several years now. The only actual PS5 games I have are Demon's Souls and Hitman 3 and neither of them have any excuse to require DualSense.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Got my hands on one of these, put it up for sale for 800 but not getting any hits on it in my area. So figured I’ll keep it and replace my ps4. Outside of demon souls and miles morales anything I should be playing specifically on it?

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Back button attachment is about 80% of the problem, yeah. Rest is the mushy d-pad, still not being able to charge it unless I plug it directly into the console, and I'm not as much a fan of the ergonomics as others seem to be.

Wait what?
Can't charge charge it with the USB-C to any USB outlet?

I got a charging station so have not tried it,

I have 2 DS and a charging station, I rotate the one I use each time
I don't think i have had one below 2 bars yet.

I am shocked you cant charge them with a PC

My XSX has ripped through 6 AA's already... I cant find a charge pack in stock =(

Vorph

When the console first released you couldn't charge the controller with anything but the front USB-C port (+ some people were complaining even that didn't work and they couldn't charge it at all). Then they updated firmware and it will charge with the rear USB-A ports now, but at least for me the light still never comes on when I plug it into my phone charger, Monoprice USB power hub, or the charger I use for my Switch Pro/8bitdo controllers. Haven't actually tried plugging it into my PC, but last I heard DualSense is barely functional on PC and since I don't even want to use it on the console it came with I definitely wouldn't use it anywhere else.

As for battery packs I use for my X1X and for my XSX/PC controllers. They're cheap and they work great.

spronk

FPS noob
Got my hands on one of these, put it up for sale for 800 but not getting any hits on it in my area. So figured I’ll keep it and replace my ps4. Outside of demon souls and miles morales anything I should be playing specifically on it?

PS+ is worth it, for another few days you can get Maneater PS5 edition and thats a pretty fun but dumb game, basically a Ubisoft style game but you play a shark who hunts and eats people (and other fish). ~15 hours to platinum the game, but after 6 hours it gets a bit boring and repetitive. Control Ultimate Edition PS5 goes up on PS+ on Feb 2nd with next gen patch

There isn't much next gen games though, people really like Fenyx Rising and if you didn't play it Ghosts of Tsushima runs really great on PS5 and is exclusive to PSN, just like Bloodborne, God of War, and a few others all of which are free on a PS5 with the PS+ Collection (you gotta pay for PS+ tho). Its a couple hundred hours of games and just subbing for 3-6 months is worth it, but I've subbed for like 6 years and have 3 more years prepaid, just 2-3 games a year make it worth the ~$40/yr you can buy it for. Gamepass is a bit better but xbox.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

PS+ is worth it, for another few days you can get Maneater PS5 edition and thats a pretty fun but dumb game, basically a Ubisoft style game but you play a shark who hunts and eats people (and other fish). ~15 hours to platinum the game, but after 6 hours it gets a bit boring and repetitive. Control Ultimate Edition PS5 goes up on PS+ on Feb 2nd with next gen patch

There isn't much next gen games though, people really like Fenyx Rising and if you didn't play it Ghosts of Tsushima runs really great on PS5 and is exclusive to PSN, just like Bloodborne, God of War, and a few others all of which are free on a PS5 with the PS+ Collection (you gotta pay for PS+ tho). Its a couple hundred hours of games and just subbing for 3-6 months is worth it, but I've subbed for like 6 years and have 3 more years prepaid, just 2-3 games a year make it worth the ~$40/yr you can buy it for. Gamepass is a bit better but xbox.
Are they letting people with PS+ go back and get games they missed or didn't "claim" when they were dropped on Ps+ for free?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You can 'claim' the collection games to your library, so I wonder if those will remain when they inevitably roll off or they discontinue the instant game collection again.

Vorph

I don't think just claiming them works anymore, a ton of people on reddit have been saying the games get deleted from your account if you don't actually have a PS5 registered to it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been looking for the charging station. Just ordered it from BB.
My neighbor that has a PS5 text me the other day his wife found a charging station. I text back confused cause why the hell would someone text about a charging station. Apparently they’re impossible to find? He said it works fine.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've been using the charging station since day 1, its fantastic. the only minor thing is i think it won't charge if you dock a turned on controller, which honestly there isn't much reason to do. Battery life on DS5 is ok but still kinda crap compared to xbox/switch pro, its ~15 hours total which should be fine except for the times you forget to charge overnight. Only takes 2-3 hours to recharge from empty to full in the dock.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also think the charging station is great. I just wish it also had a USB port on the side so I could charge my headset at the same time without needing to use the ports on the actual console.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Playing RE7 on PS5 is awesome at 60 FPS. Almost at the end now. Fantastic game. DLC any good?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Battery life on DS5 is ok but still kinda crap compared to xbox/switch pro, its ~15 hours total which should be fine except for the times you forget to charge overnight. Only takes 2-3 hours to recharge from empty to full in the dock.
Plus it's much, much worse if you use a headset plugged into the controller too. I bought some Drop PC38X cans to go with my new consoles last fall, and they're practically unusable with the PS5 because the battery dies so fast. XSX lasts a lot longer with a 2550 mAh battery pack (DS5 is only 1560 mAh, and has more stuff draining the battery to begin with), and just swapping out packs is much less hassle than having to plug the controller in. Never thought I'd see the day where I came to believe MS' decision to use AAs was a good one.