Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You could always have a $15-20 anker portable charger plugged in to it if you’re really poopsocking I guess. With ps4 I always have had two controllers so if one died on a long gaming day I’d just swap them on the charger and keep going. I know you can’t find the new controllers still though so probably not an option yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
You could always have a $15-20 anker portable charger plugged in to it if you’re really poopsocking I guess. With ps4 I always have had two controllers so if one died on a long gaming day I’d just swap them on the charger and keep going. I know you can’t find the new controllers still though so probably not an option yet.

i don't think dualsense controllers have any stock issues, at least in USA. Its in stock at amazon, best buy, walmart, etc and gamestops around me have it too i think. and yeah, having two and its a pretty seamless swap if you do need to recharge

The microsoft battery thing is always interesting, I heard rumors that the only reason xbox controllers still use AA batteries is cuz they made a deal with Energizer lol

GOW PS5 patch tomorrow too

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I've been following this thread and trying to find a PS5 in the wild, but have thus far been unsuccessful.

Is it just me or is this the first console release where all the content was current gen games being made available with +gooder graphics? Are they just buffering the curve until new games are released on the PS5 or are you guys that are lucky enough to even have a PS5 going to have to endure a ton of recycled content?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So, I've been following this thread and trying to find a PS5 in the wild, but have thus far been unsuccessful.

Is it just me or is this the first console release where all the content was current gen games being made available with +gooder graphics? Are they just buffering the curve until new games are released on the PS5 or are you guys that are lucky enough to even have a PS5 going to have to endure a ton of recycled content?
Isn’t that what we do on pc? Buy/build a new one for that one game, then play the old ones with better graphics enabled. Sorta why I want a ps5 anyway.

spronk

FPS noob

its a huge problem for devs for the next 2-3 years, there are like 100m PS4s out there and under 5m PS5s so it would be pretty financially stupid to release a PS5 only game. On the other hand, a lot of these PS4 people are gonna wait for sales and shit while PS5 owners will drop $100 on your digital deluxe launch edition of your game, so you don't wanna "ignore" them.

For the most part yeah, its basically the PC gamer life, you play the same games as everyone else with slightly better visuals and faster load times. My PS5 starts quickly, everything runs fast, but I'm essentially playing the same games as everyone else. When I play call of duty I load into a map within 5 seconds and then i have to wait 30 seconds while all the PS4 and xbox one owners load into my lobby lol. But i can fuck around with my loadouts and stuff during that time while Timmy PS4 is stuck on a loading screen!

still there is no real "downside", PS+ is giving me a steady stream of PS5 versions of games, everything I play is faster/better, i already sold my PS4 Pro because essentially next gen is 100% backwards compatible. Works for me. but yeah, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of "only on PS5" stuff for years. I'd expect even God of War 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to play on PS4. Xbox has already committed to everything running on older stuff for years.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Isn’t that what we do on pc? Buy/build a new one for that one game, then play the old ones with better graphics enabled. Sorta why I want a ps5 anyway.

Well, typically when new content is released for PC it’s also released for consoles.

I’m just seeing all these old games getting PS5 settings, rather than the PS5 getting new content.

Makes sense with only 5m consoles though. Sounds like they have a terrible supply chain. I can’t find one anywhere.

spronk

FPS noob

interesting, Control Ultimate Edition (launching today, free with PS+) is 25 gigs on PS5 and 42 gigs on Xbox Series X. Its 42% smaller due to the exclusive PS5 Kraken compression.

With these small ass SSDs on next gen consoles, and PS5 having no way currently to archive next gen games (only delete) its useful

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Well every console release in the past barely had any games worth buying the system for in the first 1.5-2 years. This is the first one I can think of that enhances a huge library that you already own. Makes sense it’s so popular.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Personally it helps that I skipped stuff like Ghosts of Tsushima and God of War. Yakuza 7 is also getting a patch next month, plus a couple of other JRPG games that have PS5 improvements.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's been a while since I played Control, but I'm having a really hard time recalling anything in it that could possibly justify turning RT on.
I take back what I said here. Haven't downloaded it yet but after watching the DF video I think it's going to be a really tough choice between ray tracing and 60 fps.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Been playing Control a few hours, enjoy the game its definitely a Twin Peaks meets the X-Files kinda game.

I switched to performance mode (60 fps) from quality/RTX, the frame dips were just too wild in some fights and just rotating the camera was weird. The RTX stuff was very cool, just seeing real time lighting and stuff in some of the halls is amazing, but ultimately I don't really notice that stuff very much and 60 fps is great. The load times are fantastic, I've done some stupid shit falling off ledges and stuff and getting back in 5-6 seconds is great, heard the last gen versions were 30-50 secs reloads. I have heard the RTX implementations on PS5 and Series X are basically AMDs gen 1, so its not gonna be that great. Too bad, we're kinda stuck with it now for 4-5 years.

I did turn on some "cheats" like harder aim assist, the GTA style combat is a bit too frustrating for me when 4-5 enemies are all around me and I can't aim for shit. Even still I've died a few times because I don't really notice a grenade or whatever. Its nice that tweaking difficulty yourself doesn't turn off trophies and stuff, I just wanna play the game and check out the story.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely the opposite there for me. I've played and beat it fairly easily on PS4 Pro, which used "30 fps" as more of a loose guideline. At least here the 30 fps is almost completely stable (like the DF video says though, if you have effects going off very close to the camera it will briefly dip to 28 or 29 fps for a second). If 60 fps was all I cared about I'd just play it on my PC which would do a hell of a lot better job and would have ultrawide, mouse aim, etc. It's actually really easy to notice the RT effects even in the middle of a hectic fight, because there's no weird halo around Jessie--or much worse, the way shadows and reflections completely break when you're getting ready to throw a large object. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's at about 9:15 in the first DF video I linked to. One of those things where once you notice it you can't not see it anymore and it's very distracting.

Kind of disappointed they didn't add in HDR though. It was weird that the old version didn't have it that late in the generation, and really weird that if they were going to take the time to redo everything with raytracing in mind that they didn't set up HDR as well.

Also, DualSense haptic stuff is fucking retarded. Screwing with the triggers doesn't actually make them feel like pulling a real trigger, it's just annoying and makes you shoot slower than you should be able to. Having the controller vibrate slightly every time you take a step is pretty damn irritating too. I played the game up to the first control point on both consoles, definitely sticking with the XSX version. Can't say I'd recommend it to people who don't already own it on Xbox seeing as the PS5 version is "free" and MS let 505 get away with just the basic bitch version on Game Pass, but the two consoles are basically identical if you're playing with RT on. From what DF said, XSX performance mode needs a patch to fix some weird fps drops that don't happen on the PS5, so if you're going for 60 fps mode stick with PS5 (ideally PC) for now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Every time I manually add something to download to my PS5 the wifi on the thing completely shuts down and I have to restart it. It won’t detect any networks despite there being 4 or 5 in range that it detects after reset. Pretty annoying.

spronk

FPS noob
they restocked a lot this past week, but sold out in seconds. But a lot more restock than in the previous 3 weeks. but yeah, i wouldn't expect consoles or 3080s or top end CPUs to be easily available for a while.

You should be able to buy one locally on offerup for $650-750, honestly its the best way if you don't have the time to sit on discords waiting for alerts. Usually they drop tue-fri but its been completely random times

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Antonline had them twice
PSD did 3 days in a row
Walmart last dropped 2/4 with 26th deliver date so dont expect them
Gamestop did this week and last week
HSN and QVC had bundles

Target and BB should be this coming week - Costco also likely with Gamestop being a possibility.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
they restocked a lot this past week, but sold out in seconds. But a lot more restock than in the previous 3 weeks. but yeah, i wouldn't expect consoles or 3080s or top end CPUs to be easily available for a while.

You should be able to buy one locally on offerup for $650-750, honestly its the best way if you don't have the time to sit on discords waiting for alerts. Usually they drop tue-fri but its been completely random times

How do you know? [edit] Oh discord. Which discord’s are best? I’ve been looking forever.