Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Interesting enough one of my controllers has a drift issue where the left joy stick will of a sudden take off to the left. Its noticable while on the minecraft dungeons inventory screen. Its more of a minor annoyance for right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Interesting enough one of my controllers has a drift issue where the left joy stick will of a sudden take off to the left. Its noticable while on the minecraft dungeons inventory screen. Its more of a minor annoyance for right now.
That’s fucking janky. Something you expect from knock off controllers. I sent some nice feeling and looking switch controllers back cause they had constant drift right out of the box.

I have a third party controller I use mainly for a retro pic that has the most random drift I’ve ever seen. Like every couple hours one of the stocks will randomly drift hard for a second, then go back to normal. I kept those, cause sometimes it won’t do it for days at a time.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have 2 DualSense and had 1 drift once since release a few weeks back, never happened again. All I had to do was shut it down and restart it to fix the issue. We‘ll see how it goes, hopefully won’t happen again...or just once every few months, I get the feeling though that maybe it’s just going to get worse.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I have 2 DualSense and had 1 drift once since release a few weeks back, never happened again. All I had to do was shut it down and restart it to fix the issue. We‘ll see how it goes, hopefully won’t happen again...or just once every few months, I get the feeling though that maybe it’s just going to get worse.
Is it like the ds4/ps4 controller? Blow into the space around the sticks. Or take it apart to clean it properly.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is it like the ds4/ps4 controller? Blow into the space around the sticks. Or take it apart to clean it properly.
1613563575490.jpeg

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
target dropped some PS5s today morning

this is one of the free discords for getting stock alerts, if you want a PS5 for yourself then you have to join it, go to the react-for-role and react to the PS5 notes (so you get PS5 alerts), or xbox. Then make sure discord is setup on your phone and sends out alerts when it gets @everyone alerts, i'm sure someone here can help you if you don't know how

the free discords are ok but you are still gonna fight thousands of other people even with the notifications. Its the paid bot discords that let you get programs that auto checkout that more or less guarantee success, but they charge thousands of dollars for access

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm, now to find a ps2.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I finally score one from Sony direct last Thursday. And by that I mean my stupidly lucky adult nephew actually was the one who completed the purchase for me. Fucker somehow waltzes into Walmart’s second prepurchase wave and got one and has had it since November 12.

So fast forward to last Thursday he gets the tweet that they are going to be available on PSN. We both get in line. The way PSN works, is everyone is placed in this waiting room with a countdown timer. When that timer hits 0 everyone in that room is randomly placed in another queue (with the bar). I was at over an hour ETA. Which means you are fucked. He gets...25 minutes. Ok let’s wait it out. Made sure he had my payment info etc. And sure enough he is in and gets it ordered. So now he has to buy all my powerball tickets.

so of course I finally have one purchased. And now I am fully convinced God exists and it is not his will for me to have one. Because a historic series of winter storms has crippled Tennessee and what was supposed to be here Monday is still not delivered yet. Can’t complain too much, at least I know I have one.

And yeah it is 2021. There is no reason they can’t just have a back order option where you buy it and are put in a line and when it’s your turn, it gets shipped. This online only random ass restocks bullshit is beyond fucking stupid. I don’t blame bots. They are just using tools to overcome this bullshit. This is squarely on the manufacturer and is easily fixed but they are too addicted to the hype this manipulation creates.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

good breakdown why this is happening

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider

good breakdown why this is happening

I don't get it. So the underlying tech is the same in the new controller as in the older ones according to the video. So why would the fail rate be higher or is it just bored nerds with to much time making a mountain out of a mole hill and we are seeing a focus on the edge cases?

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Just grabbed one off PlayStation Direct, thanks spronk spronk for the Discord link, that’s what got me in the queue quick.

• 1WTF

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get it. So the underlying tech is the same in the new controller as in the older ones according to the video. So why would the fail rate be higher or is it just bored nerds with to much time making a mountain out of a mole hill and we are seeing a focus on the edge cases?
That was my first thought too. I"ve got 3 DS4, 2 XB1 (BT version), and a Switch Pro controller all with way more than 400 hours use on them. Hell, the original black DS4 that came wtih my PS4 Pro has easy 10x that much play time. None of them have drift or any other problems at all. Even the batteries don't seem to be losing their charge. Last time I had controller issues was with the DS3, which would always end up leaking whatever lubricant they use on the sticks out onto the shell, which would then pick up dirt and cat hair and needed to be cleaned annoyingly often. Still didn't drift though.

The only thing I wish someone could force Sony to do is get rid of the Dual Sense requirement in PS5 games that don't even use its retarded "features". Sadly I don't think there's any actual legal standing for such a thing. Sony is notorious for breaking compatibility with previous gen accessories (like the PS3 Blu-ray remote and a whole bunch of driving wheels, headsets, etc.), and it doesn't seem like there's anything that can be done about it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my DS4s are 7 years old...never have any problems. Best controllers I’ve ever owned.

• 1Like

hory

Nintendo pro controllers are super shitty, playing smash they fail in 2 months for me.

• 1EyeRoll

hory

That's why they're making it to the two month mark.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users