Playstation 5

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
I was finally able to score one at WalMart today too. Jesus I can finally close out the 15 damn browser tabs with stock tracking and store carts etc...

Can also finally tell my damn high schooler to stop texting me during school about stores getting stock lol.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Don't know if this helps but here's how I was able to score one from Walmart. Make sure you've logged in, added your payment method ahead of time, check your address, etc.

Use the Walmart phone app.
Try getting into the first wave so you get the ATC button. If it's successful great! If not and you get errors or out of stock, STOP. You need to save one of the ATC buttons for the next 10 minute round.
Load up time.gov and start spamming ATC right at around 5 seconds or so before the next round starts. You'll have a bit of time once it's in the cart but I would try and rush through it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't know if this helps but here's how I was able to score one from Walmart. Make sure you've logged in, added your payment method ahead of time, check your address, etc.

Use the Walmart phone app.
Try getting into the first wave so you get the ATC button. If it's successful great! If not and you get errors or out of stock, STOP. You need to save one of the ATC buttons for the next 10 minute round.
Load up time.gov and start spamming ATC right at around 5 seconds or so before the next round starts. You'll have a bit of time once it's in the cart but I would try and rush through it.

DUMB, nevermind I figured it out.

Last edited:

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
Yeah what I ended up doing was using the app for add to cart and the website to check out. I had my walmart.com account logged into both the app and the website on a pc. During each drop I just spammed the shit out of the add to cart button on my phone until I felt my phone vibrate for a successful add to cart. Then I was on my pc and hit the checkout button and bam got lucky. It took 3 rounds for it to work for me so I didnt get it till the 3:20 drop.

• 1Solidarity

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah what I ended up doing was using the app for add to cart and the website to check out. I had my walmart.com account logged into both the app and the website on a pc. During each drop I just spammed the shit out of the add to cart button on my phone until I felt my phone vibrate for a successful add to cart. Then I was on my pc and hit the checkout button and bam got lucky. It took 3 rounds for it to work for me so I didnt get it till the 3:20 drop.
Did you do this on an iphone? Whats the quickest way to refresh the page on an Iphone if so?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Did you do this on an iphone? Whats the quickest way to refresh the page on an Iphone if so?
You use the app so there’s no page to refresh. If you need to refresh to see the next time, use the desktop browser.

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
I had an android and yeah you dont have to hit refresh. You hit add to cart, if it fails to add you just get an "item out of stock" window with an OK button that you press so you can literally spam the shit out of the add to cart button on a phone. On a PC you actually have to refresh the page each time to hit the add to cart button.

Edit: on my android the add to cart was ALWAYS active once the inital drop happened.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had an android and yeah you dont have to hit refresh. You hit add to cart, if it fails to add you just get an "item out of stock" window with an OK button that you press so you can literally spam the shit out of the add to cart button on a phone. On a PC you actually have to refresh the page each time to hit the add to cart button.

Edit: on my android the add to cart was ALWAYS active once the inital drop happened.
Well, ATC is still on my phone with the app. Hit once, and I received out of stock and the ATC is still up. I am waiting for the next round now with time.gov....lets see what happens!

• 1Like

Ark

Trakanon Raider
Y'all guys talking about the phone trick are fucking MVPs! Got it on the first try.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
Y'all guys talking about the phone trick are fucking MVPs! Got it on the first try.
Yeah man I was reading about that shit online today cuz I was getting so goddamn frustrated trying to get one. Half the fucking time shit would get in stock when im driving home from work or driving to the ballfield. Nothing would piss me off more then getting home and seeing a tweet from 30 min ago that shit went in stock. Glad it worked for ya

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well got it into cart. Sold out when attempting to check out. Sad times.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So many people have one now, I don’t feel special anymore. :(

Grats I guess.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It was nice when the affiliate links worked - could grab at a 8 drop from WM

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
haven't watched this yet but a dev on control talking about what the challenges are for developing on last gen, ps5, and the two new xbox's

Khane

Got something right about marriage
One of my friends was trying to get a PS5 for his kids and ended up with 2. So I took the other one off his hands. Yet... I don't know if I'm interested in any of the games out for it atm (Had a PS4 and have played all the good exclusives like HZD, God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted series, etc)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of my friends was trying to get a PS5 for his kids and ended up with 2. So I took the other one off his hands. Yet... I don't know if I'm interested in any of the games out for it atm (Had a PS4 and have played all the good exclusives like HZD, God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted series, etc)
There isn't much. Like there's Demon's Souls and a bunch of multi-plats you could just play on PC, or XSX if you have both consoles.

What about Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone (was pretty mediocre at release but they patched it up decently, and then enhanced it again for PS5 with dynamic 4K60), Control, or the Spider-man games? The enhanced version of Judgment is due out next month too, if you're a fan of Yakuza series. Or the Nioh remastered collection? (Though again, both Judgment and Nioh hit PC at the same time.)

I pretty much just play PS4 games on it, like Persona 5 Strikers and some stuff I bought long ago and never got around to playing/finishing. Load times are a night and day difference, and best of all I can still use my DS4 instead of that piece of shit DualSense.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
As I said at launch, Sony totally lost the thread with the hardware this gen. I guess in context, if you are only thinking in a big room context, sure but the shape is so unusual, and not in a good way. "Piano-Big" is how I described it at launch. I look forward to 2025 when I can buy the PS5 Pro that launched in 2023 with sleek design. The software, UI, interface, etc is top-notch, though and there are so many great games, like Ghost of Tsushima, that I still need to finish, and are to come. XBox Hardware is so much better, though, and the UX is so close, I am like 10:1 on games XSX vs. PS5. CP2077 and Outriders Demo are only two new games I have the PS5, in part because the storage is so limited.