Playstation 5

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
An even bigger contributor is the extra unemployment. You had teenagers that make like $100 a week doing part time work qualify to get ~$1000 every week for months depending on which state they were in.

$1000 a week? What state was THAT? For a while they were tacking $600 onto unemployment, and during that timeframe, a teenager making $100 a week would have qualified for roughly $70 unemployment or $670 a week.

Which is still completely obscene, don't get me wrong. Most of the people I know were getting paid more to sit at home than they did at their actual jobs. It was ridiculous.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
$1000 a week? What state was THAT? For a while they were tacking $600 onto unemployment, and during that timeframe, a teenager making $100 a week would have qualified for roughly $70 unemployment or $670 a week.

Which is still completely obscene, don't get me wrong. Most of the people I know were getting paid more to sit at home than they did at their actual jobs. It was ridiculous.
It wasn’t any state because it’s impossible. He’s full of shit. Even MA that has the highest unemployment benefit bases it off of 50% of your weekly income which would require you to make over $128k a year for the max benefit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I uinderstood it was more like $600 a week. $300 or so which is max normal unemployment plus $300 more which was added on for COVID hard times.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Sorry maxed out people were getting $1000+ a week. The teens would be getting like $650-700 which is still a ridiculous amount of money they’re not used to making supply for frivolous stuff like consoles and cards never able to meet the new demand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From what I uinderstood it was more like $600 a week. $300 or so which is max normal unemployment plus $300 more which was added on for COVID hard times.
In the beginning it was just $600 federal on top of whatever you could get from the state. Eventually it went to $300 federal plus your state. The states followed their regular unemployment rules I believe and the fed just didn’t give a fuck and gave you all of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In the beginning it was just $600 federal on top of whatever you could get from the state. Eventually it went to $300 federal plus your state. The states followed their regular unemployment rules I believe and the fed just didn’t give a fuck and gave you all of it.

That sounds about right. I believe it's $300 now plus 50% of income or whatever your state normally does.

Once the bonus $300 goes away, and I'm surprised it hasn't already, everyone's gonna have to get off their asses and brave the deadly outside air to go to work.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Unemployment is only at 6.1% right now and that's the most accurate reading of unemployment we've had in a very long time, because literally everyone that qualifies for unemployment is on unemployment and no one is being kicked off. During normal times, once people fall off the unemployment rolls they are no longer counted in the %.

Considering ~5% civilian unemployment rate is considered full-employment during normal times, this idea that there is a ton of people waiting out the benefits is mostly just a meme. It's mainly just restaurants that are complaining about not being able to find people willing to work when they're only willing to pay workers <$4 an hour "plus tips" when people can just go get a job at Amazon or Costco for $16 minimum. People aren't taking these jobs not because of the unemployment benefits, they're not taking these jobs because there's other shit that pays more. Further, lots of people took online courses over the pandemic and qualify for better paying jobs they did when those restaurants shut down. Sucks to be a restaurant owner who wants to pay people slave wages + tips.
Sorry maxed out people were getting $1000+ a week. The teens would be getting like $650-700 which is still a ridiculous amount of money they’re not used to making supply for frivolous stuff like consoles and cards never able to meet the new demand.
This is nonsense. Kids who work 10 hours a week @ minimum wage do not qualify for unemployment. There's a requirement of Y minimum $ earned per quarter for X consecutive quarters to even qualify.

PS: I still need a PS5.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well considering there is roughly 150 million or so workers in US that means your 6% unemployment rate is to the tune of 10 million collecting. Thats like the entire state of MI on welfare, lol.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Unemployment is only at 6.1% right now and that's the most accurate reading of unemployment we've had in a very long time, because literally everyone that qualifies for unemployment is on unemployment and no one is being kicked off. During normal times, once people fall off the unemployment rolls they are no longer counted in the %.

Considering ~5% civilian unemployment rate is considered full-employment during normal times, this idea that there is a ton of people waiting out the benefits is mostly just a meme. It's mainly just restaurants that are complaining about not being able to find people willing to work when they're only willing to pay workers <$4 an hour "plus tips" when people can just go get a job at Amazon or Costco for $16 minimum. People aren't taking these jobs not because of the unemployment benefits, they're not taking these jobs because there's other shit that pays more. Further, lots of people took online courses over the pandemic and qualify for better paying jobs they did when those restaurants shut down. Sucks to be a restaurant owner who wants to pay people slave wages + tips.

This is nonsense. Kids who work 10 hours a week @ minimum wage do not qualify for unemployment. There's a requirement of Y minimum $ earned per quarter for X consecutive quarters to even qualify.

Thats because people are working 12 jobs to make ends meet so that skews the numbers

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Pre COVID I knew a lot of amateur filmmaker wannabe Tarantinos who worked in restaurants, often seasonally, making shit money to fund their art. The usual 'starving artist' schtick. Once the world was shaken up they used the opportunity to reinvent themselves. Some became full time videographers, some went into business for themselves making art, some just went and got more stable jobs in the post-COVID search for workers.

All of them now have more disposable income and no desire to ever set foot in a restaurant again. The restaurants who are offering good wages/benefits were able to bring in new people to replace the ones they lost. The others are just gonna fail or have to re-evaluate their priorities. Note that some of the ones crying wolf the loudest have incredibly high profit margins. They just enjoy continuing the 'thin margin almost in the poor house' narrative in the hopes they can grift some more. It's truly pathetic.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I’m just going by teenaged kids of people I know talking about themselves or friends. I don’t really know they were making exactly $70 a week. Since they were qualifying for the Covid unemployment it was probably more like a hundred or a couple hundred a week, idk. I just remember teens saying them or their friends were now rich, like they hit the lottery and it was pissing me off. There was no reason that should have been happening.

As far as the unemployment benefits keeping people from working it’s definitely not just a meme. My company, and every person I talk to in my neighborhood, family, etc says their place of employment is the shortest on workers it’s ever been. Neighbor has 40 empty slots with 5 agencies looking for him, can’t find anyone. My place is having job fairs and the last one we had a single person made it to the end and then turned it down. We’re having to do hard stops on one shift because it’s so short staffed now. A coworker knows a guy who owns multiple staffing agencies in our area, has 500 positions he can’t fill. People are staying on unemployment cause they’re not getting kicked off. It’s finally down to $300 a week from federal but no one is going to work for $500-700 a week when they can just not work and make that much in unemployment, and I don’t blame them. Hmm sit at home and make $700 a week or go work 40 hrs a week for $500. Pretty easy choice.

And the employers are finally trying. My place is doubling shift bonuses. Check out what Amazon is doing.

1B53A23F-D508-43C5-AC41-C51E4FEB2D29.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need extra time and staff to ensure any traces of masculinity have been purged from Kratos.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
They need extra time and staff to ensure any traces of masculinity have been purged from Kratos.
The story will be about Kratos being punished by the woke gods for all those times he assumed his child’s gender - “boy, follow me...”, etc.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
And 'we believe in generations' becomes another Sony-ism like 'rumble is a last gen feature' while they were trying to justify the SIXAXIS.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Good to know God of War will be on PS4, but maybe have a PS5 by then
Good hopefully by then they’ll actually have a PS5 available. That’s the only reason why I would buy a PS5. Maybe Sony may release GoW on PC which would be even better.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The rumor was it was gonna be delayed and only on PS5 which I'll happily play on PS5 if I actually have one.