Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve played mine a lot less than I anticipated as well. Even have all the subs and I still just mostly play PC.
I’m just going to be very busy for the next 2-3 months. Already have a nice gaming PC. He helps me out with shit sometimes when I need it so didn’t mind offing it to someone who really wanted one. I just bought it cause it was offered at cost and felt like I shouldn’t turn it down. There’s also not much out yet I’m really wanting to play. I’ll pick one up when they’re readily available in 2025.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The free Horizon: Zero Dawn came out at the right time for my PS5. If Disney or HBO had decent apps for it to 4K stream i would use it for that too but they're both shit.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Won the raffle, yay. A ps5 rachet edition. Added another controller and the charge rack. Pickup monday. Just got my xsx a week ago, damn. What do? Is the ps+ collection still a thing, spronk spronk ? Thanks Foler Foler , msrp is the way.
Flip that shit dawg. Ive lost track of how many of these I scalp. I'm at a point where I just always keep eBay ad up as inventory is always coming in.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
image0.jpg

• 2Rustled
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I’ve played mine a lot less than I anticipated as well. Even have all the subs and I still just mostly play PC.

I'm in the same boat, and when I'm not playing PC it's usually a sports game on Xbox or something. I'd probably sell it at cost to a friend but I bought Spider-Man and I'm determined to get to that first.... one day. Having bailed on the PS4 about this time in it's cycle, I have a lot of other games to get to time permitting thanks to the collection thing. Claimed them and installed a few.

So for those reasons, keeping it for now.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Demon souls escapade continues.

I was at my wits end with the final boss - so, I decided to go free Sage Freke (Forgot to get the key) and bought his poison cloud spell. Threw on my Thief ring, waited under the stairs, snuck up, and peppered him with Covid-19. Took about 20 minutes but was still satisfying to say "Fuck you - don't worry, vaccine wouldn't have saved your ass anyway)

Cheeseball I know. But I am old.

Anyway, after that I went through all the cut scenes and was going to start up NG+. 151k souls - and of course no Maiden in Black until I kill the first boss.

I head out and am being very careful - I do not even get up the first ramp before being invaded. Ha! So - had her down to 25% and ended up dying and all my souls on the ground, need to go back and get them and I am like shit.....It's late.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

I spawned back at the Old King's chambers. Wait... what? And then with that I am thinking I am promptly going to get Fucked because I am right next to him. But.... He isn't moving. So I attack him - and he just sits there. Doing nothing. I attack and attack and sure enough, doesn't even fight back and I just killed the Old King to start my NG+ run (Also getting 144k souls and the Soul itself. I still need to go out and claim the other 155k out there on the ramp :p

Go back to the nexus, and there is the Maiden in Black. Level up - save and exit :p

What in the hell just happened? lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Having an issue. Every time I try to fool with PS4 saves on the PS+ cloud, I get a "something went wrong with connecting to cloud storage" error message. It also says "can't calculate space" under the Cloud Storage (PS4) on the side of the screen there.

I'm connected to the internet and everything is working correctly. Never had this issue before. It's causing me some serious issues because there are saves I can't retrieve. Google has nothing except "check your connection/router" type answers, and nobody else seems to be having this issue currently. Any ideas?

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Regardless.of them selling faster than they can produce them, this has got to be one of, if not the most, lackluster launch lineup of games on either system.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Having an issue. Every time I try to fool with PS4 saves on the PS+ cloud, I get a "something went wrong with connecting to cloud storage" error message. It also says "can't calculate space" under the Cloud Storage (PS4) on the side of the screen there.

I'm connected to the internet and everything is working correctly. Never had this issue before. It's causing me some serious issues because there are saves I can't retrieve. Google has nothing except "check your connection/router" type answers, and nobody else seems to be having this issue currently. Any ideas?
Are you downloading/updating anything else at the same time? I get that all the time with PS4 cloud saves if the console is also trying to do anything else. Just about everything about PS4 BC and upgrading PS4 games to PS5 is a clusterfuck compared to how Smart Delivery works.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are you downloading/updating anything else at the same time? I get that all the time with PS4 cloud saves if the console is also trying to do anything else. Just about everything about PS4 BC and upgrading PS4 games to PS5 is a clusterfuck compared to how Smart Delivery works.

Yeah, it's definitely a clusterfuck. Nothing else is downloading at the same time.

I'm pretty close to just doing a factory reset and re-downloading everything. However if I do that, I'll REALLY need the cloud server to get my saves back for the things I'm working on now, and if it isn't fixed, I'll be even more screwed.

Error message in question:

20210709_192259.jpg

Edit: Backed up my saves, did a factory reset, needed a password reset since I haven't needed to enter that in 9 months, of course the email is nowhere to be found after the request. Basically spent the whole evening on this, feels like I'm burning the house down to kill a spider.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m not laughing at your pain. This particular comment made me LOL.

The good news is, factory reset seems to have fixed the problem. Cloud saves are working again, at the low cost of a FACTORY RESET

Yeah. Let's hope the PS5 is smooth sailing from here.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah take those rumors with a grain of salt of course.

Also Black Hitman is only exclusive to PS5 for one year apparently, since its technically a first party microsoft game (Bethesda/Zeni) it should be on Gamepass next year

spronk

FPS noob
Plat'd A Plague Tale today, its this months PS5 PS+ game. Really enjoyed it, its sort of a more high production value, slightly more stealth/combat Telltale Games kind of game. Took me 20 hours to plat so its nice having a shorter game like that than these 70+ hour games. Story is really good, enjoyed all the characters, only needed 1 playthrough for the plat and you can replay any chapter to pick up missing collectibles.

It takes place somewhere in the 1300s in France so pretty interesting.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Playing shadow of mordor with all the 4K packs and stuff.

Really nice for its age.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
yeah take those rumors with a grain of salt of course.

Also Black Hitman is only exclusive to PS5 for one year apparently, since its technically a first party microsoft game (Bethesda/Zeni) it should be on Gamepass next year

That isn't a black hitman, he isn't holding his guns the right way.

Br5Cf_mgvpPHoqXyPk9j-QV2PR-Mt4smVRkJ1sNAteioG_3Eq6dXVEnMWkZMD6kQ5dTg7WEpvyO91Tct9DFy9_Nbkw2_gB_2uLYR5N2t2xyegf_9vw

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got one from the Sony invite thing yesterday along with Demon Souls. Anyone know if the delivery requires a signature?