Playstation 5

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a Digital Edition minor revision hitting retailers in Japan. Different stand screw and 300g lighter which probably saves them on shipping costs.

Malakriss

The PlayStation 5 sold an estimated 235,907 units to bring its lifetime sales to 10.01 million units. The Xbox Series X|S sold 116,412 units to bring their lifetime sales to 5.93 million units.

It has taken the PS5 35 weeks to sell 10 million units, while it took the PS4 39 weeks to reach the same milestone.

and if they could produce 5 million more on top they would have sold 15 million in this time.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Horizon got Naughty Dogged.

GoW is next. :(
Sorry if I missed it, but what happened to Horizon? I only remember the terrible screenshot of Aloy seemingly intentionally ugo’d.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

and if they could produce 5 million more on top they would have sold 15 million in this time.
Just seems so weird to me that Series X is lagging that far behind (even worse since the number apparently lumps the gimpy ass Series S with it). I got both consoles more or less day 1 and my playtime since then is like 50% XSX, 30% Switch, 15% PC, and 5% PS5. I know there's people who skipped PS4 for whatever reason and have a bunch of shit to play now, but I can't believe that's a particularly significant chunk of those 10 million.

Sorry if I missed it, but what happened to Horizon? I only remember the terrible screenshot of Aloy seemingly intentionally ugo’d.
Just the impression seeing what they did to Aloy gives off. It's plays into the stuff the TLoU leaker said about Sony pushing their first and second party devs to make female models ugly and retarded looking because supposedly that makes them "tranny-friendly". Pretty much everything else the leaker said turned out to be true and it's hard to believe that they'll stop at just taking one thing from the Naughty Dog playbook.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just seems so weird to me that Series X is lagging that far behind (even worse since the number apparently lumps the gimpy ass Series S with it). I got both consoles more or less day 1 and my playtime since then is like 50% XSX, 30% Switch, 15% PC, and 5% PS5. I know there's people who skipped PS4 for whatever reason and have a bunch of shit to play now, but I can't believe that's a particularly significant chunk of those 10 million.

Just the impression seeing what they did to Aloy gives off. It's plays into the stuff the TLoU leaker said about Sony pushing their first and second party devs to make female models ugly and retarded looking because supposedly that makes them "tranny-friendly". Pretty much everything else the leaker said turned out to be true and it's hard to believe that they'll stop at just taking one thing from the Naughty Dog playbook.
Isn’t a PC an Xbox emulator? I can’t imagine that it helps sales to put all your games on PC too, which you can use the exact same controller for. I have zero reason to buy an Xbox if I have a PC. I haven’t really looked into Xbox at all so maybe I’m wrong but I was under the impression the only thing you get with the Xbox vs a PC is the nice UI.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

What is there on the Xbox X right now that you can't get on the PS5? Nothing very substantial. I picked up a Xbox X a little over a week ago, and ended up selling it to a friend. His son is very into Halo, and scrims with pro's I guess. The new Halo isn't out yet, but his son still wants the system. I thought about keeping it, but there really isn't anything to play on it that I can't play already on my PS5 and my PC. Halo doesn't interest me at all. If I'm going to play a FPS anyways, it'll be on my PC.

I thought about doing game pass, but I have too much of a backlog on my PS5 right now to justify it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
starting today all PS5 owners get a 6 month free trial to Apple TV+

Ted Lasso and For All Mankind (both 2 seasons) are fantastic shows if you aren't a torrent kinda guy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

1626972181269.png

Is this the shot in question? Jesus, her jaw is as square as mine.

1626972258538.png

Anyone know what this shot is from? Hopefully some ingame outfit that can be acquired, because damn. That's more like it. I'm guessing it's something a modder did or something though

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 363550
Is this the shot in question? Jesus, her jaw is as square as mine.

View attachment 363551
Anyone know what this shot is from? Hopefully some ingame outfit that can be acquired, because damn. That's more like it. I'm guessing it's something a modder did or something though
The most charitable interpretation I’ve seen is they released a low effort cinematic trailer and Aloy’s face/model wasn’t representative of the rest of the game. I’d be more inclined to believe that if cinematics didn’t use in game assets more often than not these days.

I hadn’t heard the rumor that Sony was forcing their developers to ugly up their female protagonists.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just the impression seeing what they did to Aloy gives off. It's plays into the stuff the TLoU leaker said about Sony pushing their first and second party devs to make female models ugly and retarded looking because supposedly that makes them "tranny-friendly".
That’s pretty amazing. “We need to make women uglier to make men feel better about themselves.”

• 1Worf

Malakriss

There's literally a mod for that specific armor "Makes the Carja blazon outfit a little more summery, while keeping it quite PG."

63-1625202715-411757127.jpeg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
buncha PS5 games are on sale at amazon, best buy, gamestop, and on PSN digital including Demon Souls and Miles Morales. Both of those are excellent, DS is a 30-50 hour game while MM is a 10 hour game (to plat each, less just to run through).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Genshin Impact version of Aloy is probably the best version there will ever be (yes, they are doing a crossover).

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Meh, ‘won’ the right to purchase a ps5 digital. Foler Foler how do I not get swindled selling this surplus one?