Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
sell it on offerup or facebook marketplace, local meetup only meet in front of a police station (they have "internet sales" parking spots) near your house, expect $700-800 cash only don't use cashapp/zelle/paypal/etc as they can get reversed. don't sell on ebay if you don't know what you are doing, you will get scammed.

worst case you can sell to StockX or one of the discord PS5 buying groups like Cashout Kings but thats like $650-700 or less after fees

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Meh, ‘won’ the right to purchase a ps5 digital. Foler Foler how do I not get swindled selling this surplus one?
I dunno what the market is on digital ps5s. Let’s assume there’s demand.

I dunno what options you have in northern eurocuckistan. I usually do eBay only because I hate dealing with ppl even though they fucking suck and take a good chunk of money. I dunno what the environment is where you live - Facebook marketplace is always great but I always concealed carry when I meet up to sell someone something. Also have to be very careful for elaborate PayPal scams on fb marketplace. Don’t meet near your house, always use a burner number and always block the person on fb after you sell it.

ALWAYS CASH IN HAND. I don’t know what you savages use for legal tender - iron ore, golden teeth, icicles, etc but whatever it is only take that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
sell it on offerup or facebook marketplace, local meetup only meet in front of a police station (they have "internet sales" parking spots) near your house, expect $700-800 cash only don't use cashapp/zelle/paypal/etc as they can get reversed. don't sell on ebay if you don't know what you are doing, you will get scammed.
This. I used OfferUp, met at the police station, and CCed just to be extra careful. Cash only, local. Went just fine.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
there will be a big target drop on thursday or friday of PS5s, 10-20+ per store you order online and pick up in store.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All it needs is the removal of the retarded requirement to use the DualSense with games that don't require (or even have any at all) DualSense "features". Which basically means every PS5 game besides Astro's Playroom.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
latest PS5 beta firmware finally supports M.2 expanded (internal) storage, up to 4TB. has requirements on size and should have a built in heat sink, more info here

PS5 and series X both let you move games from internal to a USB drive and back again (and it will path games on USB) so I'm pretty happy with that, have an 8TB drive on each of mine and just keep internally whatever game I happen to be playing right now. Makes it easier to stay focused and finish a game.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Capture.PNG

• 1Like

Vorph

So basically your options are:

1. WD SN850
2. Samsung 980 Pro
3. Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus

All roughly $200 per TB. WD and Samsung seem to be a bit faster in PC tests, but Sabrent has a 4TB model while the others still cap at 2TB. There's a few other SSDs out there that meet the spec requirements but they have giant fucking heatsinks on them that are almost twice as thick as Sony allows. If you're really concerned about heat beyond what a thin metal heat spreader can handle, WD has a $250 ($430 for 2TB) model that has a heatsink on it that should still fit inside the PS5.

Personally I wouldn't screw around with beta system software on a PS5 either. Sony has enough problems with their release versions, and considering how hard it is to get them to authorize a RMA when something goes wrong I would not want to be in the position of having to contact support for an issue related to beta software.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'd just wait until black friday if you really want one, by then people will run perf tests and figure out what ones work the best, put out the least heat, etc. plus i'd be REAL concerned about the heat issues, the PS5 has had a small history of thermal problems (random shutdowns etc due to fan spin control issues maybe) and adding more parts that were never tested at release seems like a terrible thing to be a guinea pig on.

they also will almost certainly package up new PS5 variants of these things. The xbox one though is so much better designed, just plug in the back not this weird shit where you gotta open up the system and fuck around

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious on what availability will be like when this is out of beta. I'm considering ordering sooner, rather than later.

Vorph

The xbox one though is so much better designed, just plug in the back not this weird shit where you gotta open up the system and fuck around
It's convenient, but it's also proprietary and so far only Seagate makes a expansion card for that slot, meaning the price has been pretty much pegged at $210-220 for a 1TB drive that's comparable in speed to something you'd buy for a PC at around $120/TB.

I like pretty much everything else about the XSX more than the PS5, but I'd say the storage expansion is a definite win for PS5 even if it requires a bit more effort to do.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well Horizon Forbidden West will now inevitably get delayed to 2022 as I was able to finally get a PS5 from Target this morning.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah rumors have been circulating all week that Horizon 2 will get delayed to 2022

which pretty much leaves 0 PS5 exclusives for rest of 2021. Other than the PS5 remaster of GTA 5 lololol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well Horizon Forbidden West will now inevitably get delayed to 2022 as I was able to finally get a PS5 from Target this morning.
Yeah I got one for my brother who said he wanted one now from target this morning too. I had to look around for a whole two days before getting it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We'll see how much this alters the SSD market with pricing as it firmly creates a tier categorization of "PS5 capable" or not for every hard drive.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We'll see how much this alters the SSD market with pricing as it firmly creates a tier categorization of "PS5 capable" or not for every hard drive.
It’s going to be way too high for a few months but I think we’ll see a lot of competition at the minimum PS5 spec point before too long

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s going to be way too high for a few months but I think we’ll see a lot of competition at the minimum PS5 spec point before too long
Yep. This kind of stuff is what makes companies go “oh shit look, more market space!”