Trump's Staff
DualSense marks a radical departure from our previous controller offerings

The have a very curious definition of 'radical'

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like the design was stolen from Scuf (Scuf Impact). I played on an Xbox for years prior to moving to a PS4 about 3-4 years ago due to friends switching. I have grown use to the Ps4 controller and somewhat actually prefer the layout better then an Xbox now. Fastfoward, I recenlty bought the Scuf Vantage for my PS4 and my hands just could not "re learn" the Xbox config, so I moved back to my Scuf Impact. With all that recenlty going on I was kinda worried what the new Ps5 controller would look like, and hot damn, exactly like the controller I am using now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will likely wait a while on this unless Bloodborne 2 is a launch title.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna have to buy it at launch to play that Demon's Souls Remake.

I was wondering if this would ever happen. I never hear anyone mention Demon’s Souls and I really enjoyed that one. One younger gamer I was talking to who is a dark souls fan didn’t even know it existed cause he got into them later. Glad to hear they’re revisiting it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope the new controller has good PC drivers.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel is a launch title I would be a first day adopter. If not I'm thinking maybe wait for the inevitable slightly nicer version a year later.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
the way the new consoles are being revealed is so fucking bizarre its this trickle of "WHO GIVES A SHIT" information one little precum drop at a time

i dont honestly give a fuck how stupid and weird your new controllers look, i can't tell if they will be too weird or feel right until i use one. what i care about is the price, release date, and what the launch games are. when the hell is that info coming out.

also lol
91446442_3206426292702795_3117976128946438144_n.jpg

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
But can it run Crysis? More important can it run Meincraft and Club Penguin at the same time?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
the way the new consoles are being revealed is so fucking bizarre its this trickle of "WHO GIVES A SHIT" information one little precum drop at a time

i dont honestly give a fuck how stupid and weird your new controllers look, i can't tell if they will be too weird or feel right until i use one. what i care about is the price, release date, and what the launch games are. when the hell is that info coming out.

also lol

Srs.

Can I preorder my PS5 yet? Fuck.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

also lol

Pretty sure that’s a shop.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Hopefully they offer different colors in the base system bundles, but I’m guessing not. White is disgusting in like a week, wtf were they thinking?
2000 IQ design : They were thinking that by the time of the PS5 release people will be used to wash their hands well and often ? :D

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was hoping it'd have back buttons like they did with the paddle accessory shit on the DS4, not sure why they didn't go with that.
This is my big issue. I have 1 back button attachment and 3 DS4s (and for those who don't have one seeing as they were practically unavailable to anyone who didn't preorder or snag one from Walmart when they released them 2 weeks ahead of the actual street date, the thing is a pain in the ass to put on and take off). If the battery in the one that has it dies on me, I don't just switch controllers any more, I go do something else while it charges. Obviously it depends on what game you're playing , but Nioh 2 is literally unplayable without it imo.

I really hope both consoles finally allow you to turn off ALL lights on their controller. The DS4's stupid ass light bar is annoying because it reflects off the TV, but so is the Xbone controller's one that shines directly at me. I've heard that the elite controller can actually shut that off, but never been interested in paying $170 for a controller with bad QA and a layout I despise.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This is why I like my original xbox elite so much still. I've got a brook x adapter on it so it goes where I go. The new ones are so that you can't use it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It seems that they will be not making as many PS5s for 'launch' as they did PS3s back in the day. Claims are not so only manufacturing issues during the apocalypse but also fear that the price is just too high for people to jump onboard with Day One.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IMO it comes down to whether Sony has any exclusives* lined up at release. Assuming PS5 and Series X release around the same time, I'd probably buy the X first if there's nothing to look forward to besides multiplats and stuff on Gamepass for several months.

* - TLoU2 doesn't count--after the latest interview with Troy Baker about how we have to keep an "open mind" as Naughty Dog retcons Joel to be a bad guy I'm not sure I even want to rent the game anymore.

• 3Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users