Playstation 5

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see that Sony still doesn't care that the XBox controller has a far better layout and continues to push their typical nonsense.
Seems to me they are trying to copy the superior controller, finally, depends on how small it is though.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was hoping the light bar and touchpad and share button would all die, those things are so useless. I was also hoping they would fix the resting on the triggers design. My kid plays with controllers on his lap and that design is piss poor for that. Hopefully they offer different colors in the base system bundles, but I’m guessing not. White is disgusting in like a week, wtf were they thinking? The shape looks better at least.

Disappointing controller reveal.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I was hoping the light bar and touchpad and share button would all die, those things are so useless. I was also hoping they would fix the resting on the triggers design. My kid plays with controllers on his lap and that design is piss poor for that. Hopefully they offer different colors in the base system bundles, but I’m guessing not. White is disgusting in like a week, wtf were they thinking? The shape looks better at least.

Disappointing controller reveal.
Still better than shitbox controllers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Still better than shitbox controllers.

Ive never used the newest one or the elite model so can’t really compare. I don’t really like the offset sticks on the 360 which was the last one I used but I liked that it was just functional and it felt solid. I never felt the need for lights, speakers, touch pads, and share buttons that the DS4 has, and really wish it was all removed and replaced with more battery life or cheaper price tag.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The ps5 controller having more heft might finally make me prefer one over Xbox regular, but until Sony comes out with an elite style controller like Xbox there just won't be any true competition.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Well, I like the DS4 so as long as they didn't change too much I will also like this controller.

The Pros for me
Similar to the DS4
USB C
DualSense also adds a built-in microphone array, which will enable players to easily chat with friends without a headset.

Cons
Color: I'm not a fan of white electronics and this makes me worried that the PS5 will also have white. I have no white electronics in my entertainment system.
Touchpad: Probably the least used feature from the DS4 and I'm shocked it still exists.

Indifferent
Share Button: I don't really care it still exists but would be nice if we could map it to do something else.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was hoping it'd have back buttons like they did with the paddle accessory shit on the DS4, not sure why they didn't go with that. Pads could really use 2 additional buttons that are easily accessible(not the D pad, not select/share/create/whatever and start).

Not a fan of how it looks but that doesn't really matter all that much.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not a fan of the built in microphone. I don't want to hear people play their shitty rap music in a lobby, or listen to them talk to their friends, or hear their game sounds because their TV is so loud

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not a fan of the built in microphone. I don't want to hear people play their shitty rap music in a lobby, or listen to them talk to their friends, or hear their game sounds because their TV is so loud
Do you think the mic they were wearing wasn't doing that already?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Xbox One X Controller I have feels flimsy and cheap as shit compared to my DS4. I am not sure why that is. And I also have big hands.

And then for another weird reason I love the 360 wired controller I use with my PC.

With that said there was a left trigger issue I had to fix by ripping the controller apart and cleaning an area with rubbing alcohol to get it not to stick (And the thing wasn't used much) and its pronounced enough there is a video on how to do it. And on the DS4, these things get drift issues on the analog sticks without anyway to fix the thing so over the course of 6 years I have been through 6 of them.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Do you think the mic they were wearing wasn't doing that already?

Depends. I cannot hear it much when people are using a wearable mic. A lot of people are just using their Playstation Cam as the mic and that rests on the TV and picks up their entire sound system. So if they put that next/close to the player instead on the controller it "May" help with that.

But who am I kidding. I just mute those idiots.