Playstation 5

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a PS4 at launch, spent $60 at gamestop to upgrade to PS4 Pro v1 2 years later, then another $50 to upgrade to PS4 Pro v2 another year later.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, are you saying you can hand in an old PS4 and pay a nominal fee to upgrade to a newer one in the US? If so, that's pretty damned awesome.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Because the black discs from the 90s have some mumbo jumbo copyright read-only mess attached to it, yes? And probably other stuff I have no clue about....
old wives tale, sony psx black discs were just cool and falsely advertised as copy protection, but did nothing. The only copy protection in the psx was the bootup "wobble", which was easily defeated by disc swapping

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
At the risk of sounding ignorant, are you saying you can hand in an old PS4 and pay a nominal fee to upgrade to a newer one in the US? If so, that's pretty damned awesome.

Gamestop sometimes has deals where you get increased trade in credit for systems if they're not too old. Combine that with a sale on the new console and you can sometimes upgrade for a relatively small cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The cost of these systems and gamepass and PS+ and all that other bullshit is less than a hospital visit copay and its a million times less expensive than banging a random slut and having your wife serve you with divorce papers. PSVR titties > stripper RL titties when youre 50

the magic word here is prenup

spronk

FPS noob

yeah, its very short quick windows so you gotta jump fast, I usually post in the console thread when it happens. Gamestop sadly is turning into a former shell of a company so I don't expect it to happen much more often. Recently they were giving $275 for PS4 Pro trade in (only $150 now) and PS4 Pro was on sale for $349 for example.

Microsoft and Sony also goosed upgrades at launch for their new systems, they had deals at Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc for getting an extra $100 (from the manufacturer) for doing an upgrade. If the systems are all fully forwards and backwards compatible I could see them not doing that for PS5/X2, it makes more sense to milk the hardcore enthusiasts for every penny while letting casuals take an extra 2 years to buy in.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
naw i don't think they can do, families will NOT accept it imo.

at least in my experience, (cuz i'm the tech guy) the families i talk to with teenagers, all the kids have their OWN ps4. if they want to play COD or whatever together they have to log in to ps live in different rooms and say whats up!, and now you expect these families to plunk down 1 grand for 2 ps5's?

it's not about breaking the $500 threshold, it's that 2 of em will be $1,000 and that $1,000 threshold is crazy.

Yep because I'm one of those households actually. Me + 2 kids and it adds up. And yeah today multiplayer is individual machines for sure. My plan was I was getting the 5, handing down the pro to my son (who plays way more) and making sure the daughter has the best between the two remaining OG PS4s. And then slowly getting them one the following year and a third the next.

Frankly I'm right on the edge of going PC and being done with it. Just two factors. First, I'm in a weird phase where I have games I'm highly anticipating that are largely PS exclusive. Mainly Nioh 2 at this point but I do love the console exclusives like Bloodborne and games like Nioh and Monster Hunter that do come out but eventually. Had this been late 2015 and my main game was Fallout 4, the transition would have been much easier. Secondly, my main playmate is my adult nephew and he's pretty adamant on staying console/PS5 so I need to sell him on the idea as well which is highly unlikely.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this one doesn't suffer from analog drift issues every 6-12 months.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see that Sony still doesn't care that the XBox controller has a far better layout and continues to push their typical nonsense.

I don't care for the xbox layout, so no big loss for me. None of the layouts really bother me though.

Sony and their stupid lightbar. I don't get their hardon for it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I see that Sony still doesn't care that the XBox controller has a far better layout and continues to push their typical nonsense.
Xbox controller isn’t for tards who for some reason believe that a motion performed with their left thumb is fine but that same motion is super uncomfortable when done with their right thumb

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Need to see those trigger buttons. If I have to suffer through another console generation of accidental fast forwards and rewinds every time I put my controller down to watch something I will lose it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nice looking controller, and glad they're doing the haptic feedback stuff that's in the One X controller, that was really nice in some games.

But it's also probably like $70

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Xbox controller isn’t for tards who for some reason believe that a motion performed with their left thumb is fine but that same motion is super uncomfortable when done with their right thumb

I come at this from a Dark Souls/Bloodborne prespective. The Playstation layout makes it impossible to use the D-pad as a selection tool while using the left stick to move short of letting go of the controller with your right hand and reaching all the way across. It is just a poor layout to be able to utilize the entire controller. I don't know who is making some argument that it is uncomfortable, but that isn't my concern. I like the actual feel of the DS4 sticks way more than the One S, but the layout means it is subpar.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man...are those buttons flush? 😕
No

8EF1374F-F6CC-45AC-B41C-AC5903C59F3A.jpeg