Playstation 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I see no reason to get the new one for anyone that already has one.
I'd agree for people with the 2019 model, but I can sell my OG Switch for at least as much as (and probably more than) the new one costs and I get a new warranty, large increase in battery life, bigger and hopefully way better screen, and twice as much internal storage.

------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, anyone here bought one of these kits yet:

I've been checking the eXtremeRate subreddit and it seems solid and easy enough to install provided you have the correct DualSense model number (which I do). My PS5 might actually get turned on if I could finally have a controller with back buttons to use with it, especially now that Ghost of Tsushima PS5 is out plus Deathloop in a couple more weeks.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd agree for people with the 2019 model, but I can sell my OG Switch for at least as much as (and probably more than) the new one costs and I get a new warranty, large increase in battery life, better screen, and twice as much internal storage.

------------------------------------------------------

Back on PS5, anyone here bought one of these kits yet:

My PS5 might actually get turned on if I could finally have a controller with back buttons to use with it, especially now that Ghost of Tsushima PS5 is out plus Deathloop in a couple more weeks.
How are used switches selling for more than retail? I see them every time I’m in a Walmart or Target, been that way for months. Are the original ones hackable or something?

Vorph

How are used switches selling for more than retail? I see them every time I’m in a Walmart or Target, been that way for months. Are the original ones hackable or something?
Yeah, my serial number is one of the ones that can be hacked. I probably won't sell it right away since there doesn't seem to be any hacks in sight for the newer models and the price will just keep going up the longer it goes.

spronk

FPS noob

new model of PS5 rolled out recently with visible change of different base screw, but the insides are apparently slightly different too

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And the scalpers that own current systems rejoiced.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 showcase this thursday, aka "ok here are all the games next year you'll need a PS5 for" (*will run on a PS4)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

twisted metal 2?

I spent too much time looking into this as I hardly use my PS5.

Going by that tweet, saying a Playstation game "they" are making, I assume Sony / first party.

Bend Studio - Last title was Days Gone. Have had job listings out for people specialicing in vechicles and is currently making an "open world game featuring vehicles". Maybe?

Guerrilla Games - Killzone / Horizon Zero dawn. Making Horizon 2. Not this studio.

Housemarque - Just released Returnal. Not this studio.

Insomniac Games - Spiderman / Ratchet and Clank. Just released a new Ratchet. Not this studio.

London Studio - Singstar. Indies. Not this studio.

Malaysia Studio - Support studio. Aquired in 2020 to aid other studios with titles. Not this studio.

Media Molecule - Little big planet. Dreams. Doubt it is this studio.

Naughty Dog - Last was TLOU2. Could be them, but highly unlikely unless they just show a CGI trailer of something they are working on coming in 2023 at the earliest.

Nixxes Software - ? Not made anything since they were aquired. Specialized in porting games. So nothing new. Not this studio.

Pixelopus - Indie. Aquired by Sony. Has a TBA game coming, but studio too small to be a "big" title.

Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo. Already announced. Not this studio.

San Diego Studio - MLB. Sports. Not this studio.

San Mateo Studio - Co developer of games. Not this studio.

Santa Monica Studio - Making God of War 2. Not this studio.

Sucker Punch Productions - Infamous. Ghost of Tushima. Doubt they have anything ready yet so probably not this studio, but do have listings for a multiplayer game.

Team Asobi - Astro's Playroom. Indie. Not this studio.

Xdev (Japan/London) - Previously a co-developer (Returnal, Detroit Become Human), but in 2020/21 they were boosted into a studio. Has joblistings out for people able to make AAA games. Doubt it is this. Too new.

So, contenders then.

Xdev (unlikely a new studio would have anything remotely ready by now).

Naughty Dog. Been a while since they probably started on something. Dev name big enough to create waves + get resposibility for something AAA big anouncement, but would be ages away based on how long they take.

Sucker Punch Productions. Multiplayer game. Maybe? But not sure what would create excitement to make people lose their minds. That sounds like a game from something that is already established, and not aware of any high hype multiplayer games Sony owns. (EQ remake!....)

Bend Studio fits. Big enough studio. A while since last game. Job listings fit with an established Sony trademark that people are excited about (Twisted Metal). Open world version of that = bad ass and would be immedialty raised to a very high hype status due to being a beloved franchise that people want to come back. Fits tweet.

Could be you are right Spronk.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Going by that tweet, saying a Playstation game "they" are making, I assume Sony / first party.

Bend Studio - Last title was Days Gone. Have had job listings out for people specialicing in vechicles and is currently making an "open world game featuring vehicles". Maybe?

Guerrilla Games - Killzone / Horizon Zero dawn. Making Horizon 2. Not this studio.

Insomniac Games - Spiderman / Ratchet and Clank. Just released a new Ratchet. Not this studio.

Malaysia Studio - Support studio. Aquired in 2020 to aid other studios with titles. Not this studio.

Naughty Dog - Last was TLOU2. Could be them, but highly unlikely unless they just show a CGI trailer of something they are working on coming in 2023 at the earliest.

Nixxes Software - ? Not made anything since they were aquired. Specialized in porting games. So nothing new. Not this studio.

Pixelopus - Indie. Aquired by Sony. Has a TBA game coming, but studio too small to be a "big" title.

Sucker Punch Productions - Infamous. Ghost of Tushima. Doubt they have anything ready yet so probably not this studio, but do have listings for a multiplayer game.

Xdev (Japan/London) - Previously a co-developer (Returnal, Detroit Become Human), but in 2020/21 they were boosted into a studio. Has joblistings out for people able to make AAA games. Doubt it is this. Too new.

So, contenders then.

Naughty Dog. Been a while since they probably started on something. Dev name big enough to create waves + get resposibility for something AAA big anouncement, but would be ages away based on how long they take.

Sucker Punch Productions. Multiplayer game. Maybe? But not sure what would create excitement to make people lose their minds. That sounds like a game from something that is already established, and not aware of any high hype multiplayer games Sony owns. (EQ remake!....)

Bend Studio fits. Big enough studio. A while since last game. Job listings fit with an established Sony trademark that people are excited about (Twisted Metal). Open world version of that = bad ass and would be immedialty raised to a very high hype status due to being a beloved franchise that people want to come back. Fits tweet.

Dude wtf

Vorph

If Jaffe is excited about it, it's probably garbage anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande

So, contenders then.

Useless Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users