Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
Gamepass isn't going to fuck you.

youve never played dead or alive

531609.jpg

PS4/ps5 is better for anime titty weeb games though, i honestly play my PS5 more than my xbox but i get a wide variety of games on gamepass which i really appreciate, i no longer have that feeling of "fuck i bought this game and it FUCKING SUCKS" which is worth a lot to me

joz123

Potato del Grande
youve never played dead or alive

531609.jpg

PS4/ps5 is better for anime titty weeb games though, i honestly play my PS5 more than my xbox but i get a wide variety of games on gamepass which i really appreciate, i no longer have that feeling of "fuck i bought this game and it FUCKING SUCKS" which is worth a lot to me
So you are admitting you buy games on PS4/5 and use Xbox for games on Gamepass.

Steve Brule What GIF

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PSNow doesn't need to make Sony tons of money since they have such good exclusives unlike Microsoft.
Disagree. If it doesn't make money they'll sunset it like other services, programs and platforms. They also started in the hole, they acquired their streaming tech for $380m.

It's a value added service, so there's brand value not just revenue, but if it doesn't make them money they'll kill it if they don't think they need a game pass competitor (but they do).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to give props where its due. I played through the entirety of Last of Us 2 via PSNow PC the last couple of days on Utnayans insistence of what a gem the service was and it was the smoooooooothest streamed game experience I've tried while looking graphically great. Blows Stadia/Luna away.

However the game selection is complete butt, like not even close to good. It's literally all games from <2020 and the ones from that year are infrequent to say the least. If Sony opened it up to more of their exclusives or at least launched them in the service within the year they are released I'd say it could give Gamepass some competition or for people like me would earn the annual fee alongside Gamepass no problem. What you see in the gif are the "popular" games being played the rest are a very sad list of misfits and titles you might have enjoyed in 2012. Also minus points for making me use a third party tool (reWASD) to use a PS5 controller with your service cause of contrarian usage of drivers.

asdf.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm going to give props where its due. I played through the entirety of Last of Us 2 via PSNow PC the last couple of days on Utnayans insistence of what a gem the service was and it was the smoooooooothest streamed game experience I've tried while looking graphically great. Blows Stadia/Luna away.

However the game selection is complete butt, like not even close to good. It's literally all games from <2020 and the ones from that year are infrequent to say the least. If Sony opened it up to more of their exclusives or at least launched them in the service within the year they are released I'd say it could give Gamepass some competition or for people like me would earn the annual fee alongside Gamepass no problem. What you see in the gif are the "popular" games being played the rest are a very sad list of misfits and titles you might have enjoyed in 2012. Also minus points for making me use a third party tool (reWASD) to use a PS5 controller with your service cause of contrarian usage of drivers.

View attachment 383559
I mainly use PSNow for PS3 games since I don't have the system anymore and I missed a bunch of games from that gen which is fine for me.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mainly use PSNow for PS3 games since I don't have the system anymore and I missed a bunch of games from that gen which is fine for me.
Id love to go back and play some NBA Street Vol 2 and SSX3. Both game were amazing...but think tbose were ps2 maybe?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is PSNow still pretty limited on resolution for the PC client? Think the last time I used it it was still < 1080p.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is PSNow still pretty limited on resolution for the PC client? Think the last time I used it it was still < 1080p.

All of the games I've looked at showed 720p in the game info text.

I ticked the "Uses the GPU to upscale the game resolution to maximum quality. Requires hardware accelerated rendering." checkbox so I would assume it was upscaling potentially to my 4k settings. Either way it looked good on my 48" OLED I use as main monitor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Are PSN prices for the Black Friday sale the same whether or not you have a PS+ membership? Most sales give an extra discount, but it doesn't look like this one does.

My plus is lapsed and I don't feel like redeeming the code I bought from Amazon until whenever I actually turn my PS5 on again. Just curious if the GoT deal for $30 (of course the assholes aren't giving any discount at all on the PS4 to PS5 DC upgrade) gets any cheaper if you have PS+.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are PSN prices for the Black Friday sale the same whether or not you have a PS+ membership? Most sales give an extra discount, but it doesn't look like this one does.

My plus is lapsed and I don't feel like redeeming the code I bought from Amazon until whenever I actually turn my PS5 on again. Just curious if the GoT deal for $30 (of course the assholes aren't giving any discount at all on the PS4 to PS5 DC upgrade) gets any cheaper if you have PS+.
I have PS+ and it is 25% off. Not sure if it is regional that sets it at $30? Price was $60 with the deal here in crazy expensive land.

Vorph

I have PS+ and it is 25% off. Not sure if it is regional that sets it at $30? Price was $60 with the deal here in crazy expensive land.
Yeah, I figured out the problem. I thought I bought a physical copy of the game on PS4, but now I remember that I waited too long to preorder it and Gamestop told me I could only get one if someone cancelled on release day. So I got it digital instead. The sale price is $49.69 in the US, but the store shows me $30 because it's doing the upgrade thing (which as I was bitching about earlier is not on sale). No point in buying it until I'm ready to sit down and play through it if they're going to make me pay full price no matter what.

This whole BF sale sucks. Everything I was waiting to buy is DLC, and not a single one of them--FF7R Intermission, Hitman 3 season pass, or any of the costume/artes stuff for Tales of Arise--is discounted at all.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got a PS5 from Walmart today. Played a lot of Xbox but never owned a PlayStation. Where do I start on exclusives?

My local library has all kinds of games, so I have access to any PS4/PS5 games.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Finally got a PS5 from Walmart today. Played a lot of Xbox but never owned a PlayStation. Where do I start on exclusives?

Astro's Playroom (Already installed but a great short game)
Ratchet & Clank
Demon's Souls
Infamous
Uncharted
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Spider-Man

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Step 1 - Get the PS Plus sale on Amazon for 39 - digital code - redeem code.
Step 2 - Play the following on the PS Plus Collection: These are all included. You do not need to buy a thing!

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone
6) Ratchet and Clank
7) Until Dawn
8) Persona 5

Seriously that list above will keep you busy for the next 3-4 months without having to purchase ANY Games. I envy you.

Then try these to see if they are your cup of tea:

Detroit Become Human
Bloodborne

Then after all the above, you are in a very unique and awesome position to get a ton of exclusives not on this list on sale.

Purchase a couple exclusives that are not on that list yet, but may come in the process of you playing the above:

Spider-Man Vanilla and Miles Morales.
Demon Souls Remake
Ghosts of Tsushima

See you in the summer of 2022 and you can ask for more awesome advice from your local Dr. Utnayan.

And the coolest thing about this - after you play all of these, out of pocket you will be less than a 100 bucks watching out for any sales on the 3 listed above.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Step 1 - Get the PS Plus sale on Amazon for 39 - digital code - redeem code.
Step 2 - Play the following on the PS Plus Collection: These are all included. You do not need to buy a thing!

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone
6) Ratchet and Clank
7) Until Dawn
8) Persona 5

Seriously that list above will keep you busy for the next 3-4 months without having to purchase ANY Games. I envy you.

Then try these to see if they are your cup of tea:

Detroit Become Human
Bloodborne

Then after all the above, you are in a very unique and awesome position to get a ton of exclusives not on this list on sale.

Purchase a couple exclusives that are not on that list yet, but may come in the process of you playing the above:

Spider-Man Vanilla and Miles Morales.
Demon Souls Remake
Ghosts of Tsushima

See you in the summer of 2022 and you can ask for more awesome advice from your local Dr. Utnayan.

And the coolest thing about this - after you play all of these, out of pocket you will be less than a 100 bucks watching out for any sales on the 3 listed above.
The PlayStation store is also at $39 for annual sub right now if you don’t want to grab it from Walmart.

• 1Like