Playstation 5

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Non-subscribers who need the PS+ collection should definitely just get a year for $30 (sale ends Sunday).

Personally I still wouldn't redeem either Godfall or Mortal Shell this month though. Neither one deserves any support whatsoever for their tomfuckery.
Assuming I can buy PS+ now and activate when I get my PS5 next week?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know that the PS Plus Godfall version is just some "lite" version that just skips to the endgame and doesn't include the story levels, but what's the deal with Mortal Shell?
They decided to screw over PS5 owners again and only gave out the shitty 30fps PS4 version. What's most pathetic about it is that It came to Game Pass a few weeks ago and MS did give the Enhanced Edition for Series X.

Assuming I can buy PS+ now and activate when I get my PS5 next week?
Yeah, that will work fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Be honest, how many of you put the disc in upside down at least once when the PS5 is standing up? *raises hand*

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Be honest, how many of you put the disc in upside down at least once when the PS5 is standing up? *raises hand*

First disc I ever put in was a used copy of Yakuza Like a Dragon and was going to head back to Gamestop when I tried it the other way.

• 3Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't owned a Playstation since PS2, are there better controllers to get than just the standard that comes with the console?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah that looks cool but I wasn't thinking of spending that kind of money on another controller :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

yeah that looks cool but I wasn't thinking of spending that kind of money on another controller :)
If all you want is back paddles, you can do it yourself for a lot less. Don't even have to solder unless you want to map the touchpad press or L3/R3 to the paddles, which is pointless anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i bought the black version of those ^ www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HTK1GBL/

haven't installed it yet, bought an extra controller and just waiting for some free time to fuck around. You do NOT need to solder it to get the 2 back paddles to work, you only need to solder if you want to setup special timings on triggers and shit. I just want 2 back paddles so it should be a disassemble/reassemble job

Vorph

yeah i bought the black version of those ^ www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HTK1GBL/
Anyone buying now should absolutely get the metal version that I linked. They had all sorts of problems with the plastic ones breaking, feeling mushy or oversensitive, pins holding the button in place falling out, etc. I think you can buy a set of metal buttons separately if you have the old plastic ones. Can't find the listing right now though, might be sold out.

Also, Hex Gaming (which is basically ExtremeRate parts pre-built onto a new Dual Sense, for an extra ~$100 premium) has a 4 button option for their custom controller. Supposedly the kit version will be available early 2022. This is what it looks like:

ULTM06_3_720x.png

Not sure how I feel about those buttons in the middle though. I think they might be kind of awkward to use.

Vorph

Dammit, I just bought P5S last month when I needed a third game for Gamestop's B2G1 sale. Still nervous about playing it too, since it's what I was playing when my PS5 shit the bed. Digital will be nice to have though I suppose, there's just something wrong with the disc version and it runs the bluray drive super loud during gameplay and not just the initial DRM check on launch.

Vorph

Anyone still in the market for a SSD upgrade: Amazon has the XPG S70 Gammix on sale again for $130 (1TB) or $250 (2TB). That's about as cheap as it gets for an actual 7000MB/s+ drive, heatsink included.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users