Playstation 5

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Thought it was funny how they post makes it sounds like it's an amazing announcement but it's just a small support studio. More interesting though is it's the fifth studio Sony has acquired this year alone bringing the total up to 17. The studio does have an impressive list of games they've worked on on all platforms.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah looks more like they hired 45 more new Devs for their other studios. Which is a good thing for them, but not really all that newsworthy.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Step 1 - Get the PS Plus sale on Amazon for 39 - digital code - redeem code.
Step 2 - Play the following on the PS Plus Collection: These are all included. You do not need to buy a thing!

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone

I started Days Gone friday and after getting a few initial upgrades the game is pretty fun.

Good recommendation.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I started Days Gone friday and after getting a few initial upgrades the game is pretty fun.

Good recommendation.
Apparently it was a buggy pile of shit when it first came out, but when I played it about a year after release they had cleaned it up and I really liked it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone
6) Ratchet and Clank
7) Until Dawn
8) Persona 5
Another one down. I felt like it started a little slow but really picked up and turned into something great. Part of it, for sure, was that I’m a little zombied out and the start really felt like it was going to be the same old story. But the story ended up being unique enough that it captured me after a bit. Plus the voice acting…wow. Might be the best in any video game I’ve played.

The gameplay was great. A good mix of stealth and other combat. Not too much to the puzzles, but that’s OK. I thought they did a great job with the scavenging/crafting system too. Enough there to keep you interested but not overly complicated. And everything you find has a good use.

I’d give this one an 8.5/10. So HZD remains at the top of my list for now.

I think I’m going to skip to God of War since Uncharted has a remastered version coming out soon (I think). Utnayan forgive me, for I know not what I do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Remastered version comes out in January but you need to own either U4 or Lost Legacy to be able to pay $10 to upgrade. (or full $40 for it or whatever the fuck it is)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't aware that colored plastic was so expensive, but since colored cardboard for puzzles is i should not be surprised.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Another one down. I felt like it started a little slow but really picked up and turned into something great. Part of it, for sure, was that I’m a little zombied out and the start really felt like it was going to be the same old story. But the story ended up being unique enough that it captured me after a bit. Plus the voice acting…wow. Might be the best in any video game I’ve played.

The gameplay was great. A good mix of stealth and other combat. Not too much to the puzzles, but that’s OK. I thought they did a great job with the scavenging/crafting system too. Enough there to keep you interested but not overly complicated. And everything you find has a good use.

I’d give this one an 8.5/10. So HZD remains at the top of my list for now.

I think I’m going to skip to God of War since Uncharted has a remastered version coming out soon (I think). Utnayan forgive me, for I know not what I do.
Have you played the first 3 uncharted? While not strictly necessary you’ll miss out on a lot of the context and character dynamics. And while the story and voice acting has held up extremely well in the first 3, the gameplay itself feels very dated.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't aware that colored plastic was so expensive, but since colored cardboard for puzzles is i should not be surprised.
Oh it's not. Them profits tho.

... I did order black controller and side plate. About to put all my living room electronics in the corner in a cabinet or something and don't want it to look like there's a humidifier sitting over there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Have you played the first 3 uncharted? While not strictly necessary you’ll miss out on a lot of the context and character dynamics. And while the story and voice acting has held up extremely well in the first 3, the gameplay itself feels very dated.
Nothing wrong with the gameplay in 2/3. 2 is still the best entry in the series and maybe my favorite single player game of all time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All four of the Uncharted's are absolutely worth playing, and I would also play the first three, first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who is concerned enough about how the PS5 looks to buy plates: I strongly recommend getting a middle skin to go with them. Sony's 'piano black' (I'm still convinced they're just using leftover PS3 plastic) looks like shit no matter what color the plates are.

I use these plates, which are different from the rest of the Chinese crap dumped on Amazon because they're actually painted black and not just raw plastic --
$45 is a bit high imo, especially with official ones out soon-ish, but I got them on sale for like $30 and that was well worth it.

The middle skin I use is from VGF -- PS5 Matte Black Middle Skin (currently out of stock for disc version, but I'd assume they'll get more made before too long)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It might just be marketing fluff for the new Matrix movie, but the free Matrix Unreal 5 demo on PS5/Xbox is pretty neat to run through real quick. Crazy how detailed it gets. Get through the admittedly shitty framerate car chase on rails thing, and you can then aimlessly wander the city or fly around.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nothing wrong with the gameplay in 2/3. 2 is still the best entry in the series and maybe my favorite single player game of all time.
2 is the best, but I’m talking strictly about the combat. I replayed the collection a year or two back and you definitely play it in spite of the combat, not because of it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
2 is the best, but I’m talking strictly about the combat. I replayed the collection a year or two back and you definitely play it in spite of the combat, not because of it.
I still disagree having played them all several times. The only rough one combat wise is the first imo.