Playstation 5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What's a good headset for the PS5?

I would say probably the Pulse 3D since the Gold is harder to find now and too pricey. You get full wireless 3D audio that way with the games that support it (Demon souls, the new Horizon game) the 3D audio is pretty cool but I use my headphones for shooters so I just use my gold wireless for that, and if I feel like it, pulse 3D for single player games that support 3D audio.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Won the lottery to buy the PS5 Disc Edition from Newegg today, comes in the bundle with BF2042, Spiderman Miles Morales, Farcry 6, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop, extra controller, and headset for just shy of a grand. Have no interest in BF2042 or Deathloop, and already have Farcry 6 on PC, so maybe trade all 3 into Gamestop for Horizon: Forbidden West or something.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

ps5s will be up on walmart in 2 days (thursday) at 3pm EST. It does require walmart+ which is like $15/mo or $90/yr, but you can signup for a month, get a ps5, then cancel. Its been relatively easy to get them, I got 2 in dec for relatives. If you have an amex card they have an offer to refund $45 if you pay with the amex card for a wm+ sub, so I used that. I don't really know what WM+ gives you, i assume free grocery deliveries and shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

ps5s will be up on walmart in 2 days (thursday) at 3pm EST. It does require walmart+ which is like $15/mo or $90/yr, but you can signup for a month, get a ps5, then cancel. Its been relatively easy to get them, I got 2 in dec for relatives. If you have an amex card they have an offer to refund $45 if you pay with the amex card for a wm+ sub, so I used that. I don't really know what WM+ gives you, i assume free grocery deliveries and shit
I had their service, back before Christmas, and was online for that time slot to buy the PS5. It literally went from waiting to open for Walmart+ customers to sold out and you're in a queue just in case one doesn't sale.

Right at the last minute, I sat in the queue for like almost half an hour or something, and it popped up that I was available to buy one. So, I put it in my cart, went to purchase, chose my credit card on file, and it said sorry it's no longer available. I was like what the actual fuck. It was in my cart and got sold out from under me in less than a minute.

Then I get a message from my bank. I check my account, and I was charged for 3 PS5 purchases!!!

I went back and checked, and I had NO PURCHASE with Walmart.

So, then I had to sit on hold waiting to talk to Walmart support forever just to find out that there was an error that charged me 3 fucking times, and that I had actually had NO PS5s ORDERED. So, they charged me 3 times for nothing. They refunded the charges, but yeah fuck them. I told them to take their Walmart+ service and shove it straight up their ass.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Just checked Gamestop and for BF2042, Deathloop, and Farcry 6 they are only giving about $15/each for in-store credit. Gonna try and sell them on Marketplace or something to see if I can get better prices.

• 1Double Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Just checked Gamestop and for BF2042, Deathloop, and Farcry 6 they are only giving about $15/each for in-store credit. Gonna try and sell them on Marketplace or something to see if I can get better prices.

They're becoming much more available, seems like you'd be better off waiting and getting what you want rather than paying $1k for a bunch of crap you don't want.

• 1Like

Vorph

I'm surprised you don't have to pay them to take BF2042 off your hands.

• 1Double Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like that the scalpers seem to be losing money finally as second hand prices seem to be coming down some. I hope they end up with a bunch they can't sell.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

If you get stuff delivered from Walmart like groceries, W+ is great. I keep it just so that in the time of #BareShelvesBiden Walmart Neighborhood Markets Grocery stores will often have things the other stores around us won't.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
1TB SSD for ps5 for $140 from newegg today, comes with a bundled heatsink free even so dont have to buy it

ive been using that same drive (SN850) for 2-3 months now zero issues, works awesome. got plenty of space for Elden Ring and Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Crone

1TB SSD for ps5 for $140 from newegg today, comes with a bundled heatsink free even so dont have to buy it

ive been using that same drive (SN850) for 2-3 months now zero issues, works awesome. got plenty of space for Elden Ring and Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Is that the only one that's compatible? The Samsung 970 EVO 1TB is $120 on Amazon right now without any special discount?

Brad2770

I have a 55” Vizio D-series TV. I have been running my PS4, PS4 Pro and my PS5 out of the 4k HDMI port since I got the TV in 2016.

Earlier today, I was playing Fallout 4 and I went to put it into rest mode in the middle of the game. I tapped the PS button to get to the lower menu bar, but as it came up, I accidentally held it down again long enough to drop it from game to Home Screen. I put it into rest mode from here.

I come back later and turn on the PS5. The TV comes on because of the CEC, but now to days no signal. I have reset the TV multiple times and have reset the CEC. The TV sees the PS5 because I can turn it on through the PS5 remote (CEC), but no signal. The other ports work with the PS5, but the 4k Video Transfer Rate option in Video Output is grayed out. I have resolution set to automatic and nothing.

The only other device I have that is HDMI is one of the novelty Nintendo’s that has 30 pre installed games. I tried that and it doesn’t work on the 4k port as well, but I have never used it there before, so no idea if it would. I do not have my PS4 Pro anymore.

Is this a TV issue or PS5 issue. Not a big deal now, but I preordered the new Horizon game and would like to resolve it before February. Thanks for the help.

420F3A95-76C9-45CE-8A6D-63E560D758FD.jpeg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have the PS5 just keep going into Rest Mode every 10 minutes for no fucking reason all of a sudden? It went away when I disabled it from going into Rest Mode after an hour, but I have no idea how it would think that 10 minutes was 1 hour.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have the PS5 just keep going into Rest Mode every 10 minutes for no fucking reason all of a sudden? It went away when I disabled it from going into Rest Mode after an hour, but I have no idea how it would think that 10 minutes was 1 hour.
Try turning off HDMI link. Some other device going to sleep/off is triggering your ps5 to go to sleep too, probably.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a 55” Vizio D-series TV. I have been running my PS4, PS4 Pro and my PS5 out of the 4k HDMI port since I got the TV in 2016.

Earlier today, I was playing Fallout 4 and I went to put it into rest mode in the middle of the game. I tapped the PS button to get to the lower menu bar, but as it came up, I accidentally held it down again long enough to drop it from game to Home Screen. I put it into rest mode from here.

I come back later and turn on the PS5. The TV comes on because of the CEC, but now to days no signal. I have reset the TV multiple times and have reset the CEC. The TV sees the PS5 because I can turn it on through the PS5 remote (CEC), but no signal. The other ports work with the PS5, but the 4k Video Transfer Rate option in Video Output is grayed out. I have resolution set to automatic and nothing.

The only other device I have that is HDMI is one of the novelty Nintendo’s that has 30 pre installed games. I tried that and it doesn’t work on the 4k port as well, but I have never used it there before, so no idea if it would. I do not have my PS4 Pro anymore.

Is this a TV issue or PS5 issue. Not a big deal now, but I preordered the new Horizon game and would like to resolve it before February. Thanks for the help.

View attachment 393112
I’d try turning hdr off and on, turn 120hz off of automatic, etc. if none of that works try swapping the hdmi cable, if that doesn’t work fiddle with those settings again but with the new cable. I’d none of that works, try factory reset the tv, a lot of times it’s just unplugging it for a certain amount of time.

There’s some wack shit that happens with resolutions, hdmi cables, and hz. I’ve had things going just fine for years then a hdmi cable just dies for no fucking reason, or turning on hdr breaks shit even though it looks like it should be working.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

View attachment 393112

I had something similar, some other setting had to be switched before 4k transfer rate could be selected.

I think HDR had to be turned on but I could be wrong, been a long time.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I had something similar, some other setting had to be switched before 4k transfer rate could be selected.

I think HDR had to be turned on but I could be wrong, been a long time.

Was it on the TV or the PS5?