Playstation 5

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
website to sign up for PS5 direct buy is back up

Interesting. I signed up months ago and got nothing. I just tried that sign up and it allowed me to do it. I wonder if I got notified and it went to spam. Ugh.

Edit: checked my spam and trash, nothing from Sony.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You may have just gotten unlucky. Granted it only took me 2 and a half months to get picked compared to however long for you, but some people were saying they got picked to buy one within a week or two.

Brad2770

I signed up and had my PlayStation in about a month. Hopefully I get lucky for a second one.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone with kids (looking at you Crone Crone ) have recommendations for games for a 6 and 8 year old? They have been playing Astros Playroom a lot but are starting to get bored of that and asking for something new.

I did get It Takes Two from the library and they had fun with that (they took turns playing with me), and only had a handful of times where I had to switch controllers and do both parts, since really quick input movements and stuff they still don't have the reflexes for. My son loves legos and I picked up DC Villains when it was free, but he doesn't really like comic book stuff so it hasn't appealed to him.

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot last night from PS+ so we'll see if they like that or not, but any other recommendations for that age range let me have em.

spronk

FPS noob
i have grandkids slightly younger and while i don't let them touch my ps5 - little fuckers seem absolutely determined to topple my consoles - they love minecraft, Fall Guys, Lego Harry Potter (and there are a BILLION lego games), and Goose Game

a switch lite though is the absolute perfect kids system, its really durable, the portability is nice, the joycons are not removable so dont have to worry about the usual stupid shit kids get into, and there are way more kids games on switch. sadly they prefer an ipad and all the goofy shit there, but their parents are apple fans so they have some sort of Apple Arcade sub which gives a gamepass type library of microtransaction free games on ipads

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Anyone with kids (looking at you Crone Crone ) have recommendations for games for a 6 and 8 year old? They have been playing Astros Playroom a lot but are starting to get bored of that and asking for something new.

Sackboy is really popular with that age and can be played with 4 coop.

I played it with a friend and his 2 kids, his son is around 8 and punched the trophy out of my hands before the winning screen pic was taken, making my char look sad & lacking his trophy, obviously.

The kid was absolutely delighted.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I did get It Takes Two from the library and they had fun with that (they took turns playing with me), and only had a handful of times where I had to switch controllers and do both parts, since really quick input movements and stuff they still don't have the reflexes for. My son loves legos and I picked up DC Villains when it was free, but he doesn't really like comic book stuff so it hasn't appealed to him.

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot last night from PS+ so we'll see if they like that or not, but any other recommendations for that age range let me have em.
There’s a shitload of ps4 games that are variations of Lego games that are good for kids: Avengers, Batman, Jurassic park, Ninjago etc.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a Switch, they mostly use it for Minecraft. Switch was supposed to be for the kids and the PS5 was for me, but it never works out that way :)

Other lego games are a good idea, I should just pick some more of them up for things they are interested in.

Never heard of Sackboy, will take a look at it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My kids are all playing Lego Jurassic World on the PS4 and it takes everything in me not to tell them how to play the game. Also, every time they unlock a new person by spending their coins in my mind I'm all 'you don't need that person, they don't have any new skills!'

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My kids are all playing Lego Jurassic World on the PS4 and it takes everything in me not to tell them how to play the game. Also, every time they unlock a new person by spending their coins in my mind I'm all 'you don't need that person, they don't have any new skills!'

Why don't you encourage them to spend money on the most useless stuff, seems like good prep for real life.

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

All good suggestions so far. My 8-year-old is loving the new Spiderman, and he loved the previous one as well. He has played some of the LEGO games but he doesn't pay attention to the "story", so gets bored after a while when the game doesn't progress.

Gang Beast on Xbox Gamepass is a huge hit, as is Jurrasic World: Evolution. He loves showing me his islands and showing off that his island is bringing in $100M a minute or whatever. The competitor in me wants to build my own island better so I can beat him.

The Ascent is a decent coop game but kinda graphic, as is Outriders. Knack 1-2 are fantastic games. The thing with mine is that I stopped letting the kid play "story" games if he can't tell me what the story is about. Having fun is having fun, but if he can't tell me why Spiderman is beating up a bunch of bad guys, then I figure he can play something else.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The Ascent is a decent coop game but kinda graphic, as is Outriders. Knack 1-2 are fantastic games. The thing with mine is that I stopped letting the kid play "story" games if he can't tell me what the story is about. Having fun is having fun, but if he can't tell me why Spiderman is beating up a bunch of bad guys, then I figure he can play something else.

This. Moderate violence in games for kids this age seems ok as long as the kids understand they are doing it to a bad person and with a solid reason.

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Gang Beast on Xbox Gamepass is a huge hit, as is Jurrasic World: Evolution. He loves showing me his islands and showing off that his island is bringing in $100M a minute or whatever. The competitor in me wants to build my own island better so I can beat him.

Do it, but not too harshly!

If you only let them win they'll have to find out otherwise they might not be the very best at every game.

Crone

Do it, but not too harshly!

If you only let them win they'll have to find out otherwise they might not be the very best at every game.
Oh it’s no holds gaming!! He doesn’t have enough people beat him to build up a thick skin.

Falstaff Falstaff so for Switch they have loved Animal Crossing and for a while even the wife and kids all were playing together. Had to get a second switch in the house.
Son loves Smash Bros and he fights dirty! Luigi’s Mansion was fun but they lost the cart and so we never got to finish it. The sting hasn’t worn off yet of losing a $60 piece of plastic.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh it’s no holds gaming!! He doesn’t have enough people beat him to build up a thick skin.

Falstaff Falstaff so for Switch they have loved Animal Crossing and for a while even the wife and kids all were playing together. Had to get a second switch in the house.
Son loves Smash Bros and he fights dirty! Luigi’s Mansion was fun but they lost the cart and so we never got to finish it. The sting hasn’t worn off yet of losing a $60 piece of plastic.
We actually played the Luigi's Mansion arcade game when we went on vacation last summer so that's a good idea, might pick that one up.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Do you really have to buy twitter and set up alerts to get one of these fuckers? Because fuck twitter, I am not installing that PoS on my phone, and Sony, y'all fucking stupid. I am going to get both consoles the whenever next Gen consoles are coming out, and go from there. Fuck you can sell a PS4 for 500-600 dollars and that is stupid as fuck. Fuck you Sonhy, you lying pieces of shit, just like Tool taking my gold VIP Tampa tickets, I mean wtf. "Technical Error", no the computer engineer got too high and added some extra zeros, I will take what you got! My name is Job for the year of 2022 because ever since July 18th 2020, I have lost everything I was looking forward too. Either to Scalpers, scalpers, scalpers, and scalpers, I think I got them all, oh yeah "Technical Error" , that might be a Money one. Lets let the most rabid, dicksucking, a lot of assholes fan base only get 10 gold vip tickets for each show?(Because we are a bunch of fucking rabid dicksucking, and assholes fans) FANTASTIC IDEA! Hey guys, know what would be funny is if we sold a couple extra and then send them a email a week later telling them they have to get a refund because we all chose to draw straws on who keeps their 1 of 10 gold vip tickets in a fucking sweet ass venue!

Crone

Do you really have to buy twitter and set up alerts to get one of these fuckers? Because fuck twitter, I am not installing that PoS on my phone, and Sony, y'all fucking stupid. I am going to get both consoles the whenever next Gen consoles are coming out, and go from there. Fuck you can sell a PS4 for 500-600 dollars and that is stupid as fuck. Fuck you Sonhy, you lying pieces of shit, just like Tool taking my gold VIP Tampa tickets, I mean wtf. "Technical Error", no the computer engineer got too high and added some extra zeros, I will take what you got! My name is Job for the year of 2022 because ever since July 18th 2020, I have lost everything I was looking forward too. Either to Scalpers, scalpers, scalpers, and scalpers, I think I got them all, oh yeah "Technical Error" , that might be a Money one. Lets let the most rabid, dicksucking, a lot of assholes fan base only get 10 gold vip tickets for each show?(Because we are a bunch of fucking rabid dicksucking, and assholes fans) FANTASTIC IDEA! Hey guys, know what would be funny is if we sold a couple extra and then send them a email a week later telling them they have to get a refund because we all chose to draw straws on who keeps their 1 of 10 gold vip tickets in a fucking sweet ass venue!
Grandpa Simpson Boomer GIF by moodman
Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN