Playstation 5

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Only mentions CoD which has been sucking, but alot of other shit will turn exclusive for sure when the agreements end.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Only mentions CoD which has been sucking, but alot of other shit will turn exclusive for sure when the agreements end.

Actual question, which games from AB haven't sucked in the past X years? I assume only internal IPs are acquired and not games the also publish (like Sekiro).

I guess they can make Diablo 4 exclusive if they haven't made any deals with that yet.

The price point is just staggering to me. Only logic I see behind it is MS trying to use up their cash flow to acquire assets before inflation eats up everything.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Actual question, which games from AB haven't sucked in the past X years? I assume only internal IPs are acquired and not games the also publish (like Sekiro).

I guess they can make Diablo 4 exclusive if they haven't made any deals with that yet.

The price point is just staggering to me. Only logic I see behind it is MS trying to use up their cash flow to acquire assets before inflation eats up everything.

There is something to be said about a company that is not panicking to have a hit game and can take time to do things right (whatever they consider right to mean). Games is a big part of Microsoft's portfolio, but it is not the only one and it is not the largest. I bet they think that they can ride COD to profitability while bringing structure and timeliness to Blizzard products and make them worthwhile again. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is something to be said about a company that is not panicking to have a hit game and can take time to do things right (whatever they consider right to mean). Games is a big part of Microsoft's portfolio, but it is not the only one and it is not the largest. I bet they think that they can ride COD to profitability while bringing structure and timeliness to Blizzard products and make them worthwhile again. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

This is MS we are talking about. Looked what happened to Halo Infinite. They cannot even get their flagship IP's not to suck.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sony just needs to buy FromSoft and SquareEnix. Maybe they can somehow make Square not suck so much dick

• 2Like
  • 1Midwit
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sony just needs to buy FromSoft and SquareEnix. Maybe they can somehow make Square not suck so much dick
SE has produced the best MMO of the last 4 years; we'll see how FF16 works but they're doing great things I think.

FromSoft is just a rockstar; their work is just the best consistently.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is MS we are talking about. Looked what happened to Halo Infinite. They cannot even get their flagship IP's not to suck.
That's kind of missing the forest for the trees, Ut. You know what MS' super power is? They can tell any developer for any IP: "Don't release in that state. Wait until its ready". Look at what Skill Up said about Halo Infinite vs. COD whatever. And none of this is about Release-day sales for MS. Its all about making GamePass a better value. They would rather have you at $15 a month for a year than $60 a box on release day; its a much more compelling model for MS and really at this point for the consumer.

Sneakily, MS has turned the console wars and their value proposition on its head and now Sony is having to play catch up.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
now Sony is having to play catch up.
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's kind of missing the forest for the trees, Ut. You know what MS' super power is? They can tell any developer for any IP: "Don't release in that state. Wait until its ready". Look at what Skill Up said about Halo Infinite vs. COD whatever. And none of this is about Release-day sales for MS. Its all about making GamePass a better value. They would rather have you at $15 a month for a year than $60 a box on release day; its a much more compelling model for MS and really at this point for the consumer.

Sneakily, MS has turned the console wars and their value proposition on its head and now Sony is having to play catch up.
I’d say Sony does need to play catch up in their ease of use and online subscription offering or the trend may slowly reverse but they’re not playing catch up in sales at all. Everything I’ve read they have dominated this generation by quite a bit. They’re expecting to sell twice as much as Xbox this year too, which will just continue the widening of this gap.

Switch looks like the Joe Biden of consoles.

B52FA770-B7FF-4125-969F-2DC84C53EA81.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many years I'll have to wait to get a god damn PS5.

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
At this point in the game I think Microsoft is still playing catch up. It's going to be a few years before we see what they can do with what they have. I think it was said before but it does feel like Sony and Microsoft are playing different games. Sony definitely needs to make some adjustments with their online offerings.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how many years I'll have to wait to get a god damn PS5.
It will probably be this year. Scalper prices are in the $700s, making it close to not worth their time to do and riskier. It was ludicrous when they were selling for $1100+, now, not so much.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You all talking about MS playing catch up are truly missing rhinohelix rhinohelix 's point. MS is beyond caring about how many more PS5s were sold because they are getting out of the business of discreet console/box sales and into the business of monthly subscription sales. As long as they are bringing in X dollars a month from subscriptions and paying out Y dollars a month to develop and support games then it becomes predictable and safe instead of the console wars game of brinksmanship they have lost for the past two decades.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
^^^^^^^^^^

The subscription game does indeed seem to be where its at. From the point of view of gamers Game Pass seems like an incredible deal, but from Microsoft's point of view its amazeballs simply because its predictable revenue. They share out royalty chunks on some sort of usage scheme and everyone seems to make out handsomely (except for the retailers... but fuck those bitches)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure MS is taking a loss on Gamepass atm. While they don't fret over console sales as much as Sony/Nintendo they still need a vector for Gamepass to reach people and Xbox is the cheapest/easiest way to do it.

But yeah I agree to the point about wanting to get out of the console business down the line and instead just focus on cloud with Gamepass.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure MS is taking a loss on Gamepass atm. While they don't fret over console sales as much as Sony/Nintendo they still need a vector for Gamepass to reach people and Xbox is the cheapest/easiest way to do it.
So Sony needs to “catch up” to MS take more losses and sell less consoles. I’m not sure I follow the logic here. From a consumers point of view I agree Sony should step up their online game but they seem to be doing fine, why upgrade it into loss territory? How does that really benefit them when they’re crushing sales and people buy their online shit anyway?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
So Sony needs to “catch up” to MS take more losses and sell less consoles. I’m not sure I follow the logic here. From a consumers point of view I agree Sony should step up their online game but they seem to be doing fine, why upgrade it into loss territory? How does that really benefit them when they’re crushing sales and people buy their online shit anyway?

Oh I wasn't agreeing Sony needs to play "catch up" at all. Just putting my two cents where MS stands(imo).

• 1Like