Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
its apparently standalone DLC so you can just play it and ignore BL2, pretty weird. i've never played it so probably will try it out

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a massive Playstation backlog so getting the PS5 was like buying a new computer rig, where I can now play all those games with faster load times, and sometimes better graphics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's standalone preview of the new game, it was offered for free on Epic when it launched. As someone not familiar w/ Tiny Tina from the earlier games It's pretty funny and the price is right.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't it have a PS5 version? This delineation between PS4 and PS5 right now is ridiculous.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bit of a pattern there with Gearbox games.... PS+ gets the same shit they give away for free on EGS.

• 2Like

Szlia

Is this semiconductor manufacturing thing still going on or is something else at play ? It's more than a bit crazy that 14 months after release, you still need to queue to get a PS5 like it's bread in the USSR.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New facilities to meet higher demand can't be spun up with the snap of your fingers. It takes years of construction even under normal conditions so expect it to continue (at least partially) until 2025. But I got my PS5 in April so not my problem! ...until I need a PC upgrade.

Szlia

New facilities to meet higher demand can't be spun up with the snap of your fingers. It takes years of construction even under normal conditions so expect it to continue (at least partially) until 2025. But I got my PS5 in April so not my problem! ...until I need a PC upgrade.
I guess I missed something here. I thought the problem was a mix of drought in Taiwan for an industry that requires a lot of water and covid protocols impacting productivity?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I missed something here. I thought the problem was a mix of drought in Taiwan for an industry that requires a lot of water and covid protocols impacting productivity?
The problem is not just immediate supply vs demand, there's now a backlog for several industries so the gap that needs to be made up by more production is far wider than at the start. Servers, cars, graphics cards, etc that's why the used market is inflating along with scalping new.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My company finally got some fab time on a few lines a couple weeks ago.. fucking finally can get some of these contracts done. Doesn't cover everything but better then what we got for the past 6months lol.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Video games are low on the totem pole for production, especially since Sony probably still loses money on every PS5. The car industry is devouring whatever is put out at the moment; even server gear (sans some super high overpays) is getting sloppy seconds. It's going to be a shitshow for a hot minute.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So Sony owns the original Halo developers, and Microsoft owns Crash and Spyro... Funny old world we live in.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like