Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
looks like PS5 (only) first party games will not play on PS4

not a huge surprise, but it is differentiation between xbox and PS5. It is gonna be interesting to see what PS5 launches with and what they promise in 2021.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm hoping to see Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and a God of War sequel at least teased. I'd hope for Bloodborne 2 but given that they're working on Elden Ring (and possibly a Demons Souls remaster?), I don't think there's even a faint hope of that.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm fine with PS5 games not working on PS4 for shit that comes out in the transition period. Go balls deep in the new hardware instead of knee capping new games for a few years.

As long as the ps4 stuff still works on ps5, I'm happy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

$650 for premium 1.65TB SSD
$540 for 825GB SSD option
makes sense but kinda ouch on the price too, esp if there are zero upgrade promos for PS4 owners in the first year

• 1WTF

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll wait. Fuck that. I have this funny feeling, it's going to be Sony this time around with the hardware or heating issues. It seems like they are rushing this thing out the door.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
definitely on the wait unless more games are added for release. The $540 price for 800 GBs seems just awful even with it being a new tech. People who just read stats on a box may get turned off by it as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
a new report today claims that Sony will begin requiring forward compatibility with PlayStation 4 games this summer. Specifically, the report says that Sony will require PlayStation 5 compatibility in PlayStation 4 games that are certified on or after July 13th.
Won't be able to release new PS4 games unless they're certified as PS5 capable by end of summer

We already knew that the PS5 will be backwards-compatible with "almost all" of the top 100 PS4 games at launch, but PS5 backwards compatibility will not end there. According to the company, an "overwhelming majority" of the more than 4,000 PS4 games available will also be playable on the PS5.

The deleted sentence suggests that, while those 100 PS4 games will be available at launch, system updates will need to be introduced to expand the PS5 backwards-compatibility library - possibly over time. This means that we could see more PS4 games becoming playable on the PS5 every few weeks, a similar approach to that which Microsoft took with the Xbox One.
Sounds like the back catalog is lower on the priority list than other issues right now

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So...I can play my digital ps4 library on ps5? That’s my hope anyway.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Glad there’s a black controller version.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nevermind, fuck the diversity edition

BF025A30-2849-4279-894D-7072C0D9632E.jpeg

It’s seeming more and more like Sony is using any and every excuse to delay giving any information. Not very confidence building

• 2Barf
  • 1Salty

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And here I thought June couldn't get any more insufferable than a bunch of corporations virtue signaling rainbows for the alphabet people.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The fuck does a PS5 announcement have to do with this??? This would be a great f'n distraction from everything!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nevermind, fuck the diversity edition

View attachment 274411
It’s seeming more and more like Sony is using any and every excuse to delay giving any information. Not very confidence building
Nah, you are reading too much into it. They aren’t doing this as an “excuse” because they want to delay info. They are just following suit with what some other companies are doing in light of the rioting. Honestly, Sony has probably had their announcement info set in stone for weeks now and were just rehearsing and running through presentation logistics.