Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
well you don't get game streaming with PS+, that PSNow which is an extra $120/yr or whatever (I dunno never subbed). So they are "combining" the two, and charging more than double and adding PS1-PS3 game streaming/local library as an incentive.

The bigger problem is that so few GREAT games are released every year it makes no sense to sub to anything that costs more than $10/mo. Just like Netflix is fine at $8/mo but a shit deal at $20+/mo, PS+ Ultra Deluxe is gonna be a shit deal if its like $150/yr. I could also just see subbing to the top tier for 1-2 months, playing through all the good shit, and then dropping to the cheapest tier 11 months of the year just for cloud saves and MP access. I'd do that with gamepass except Microsoft Rewards more or less auto pays for it.

if either service added 3-4 85/100 AAA games every 2 months yeah I'd get it, but nowadays there are maybe 4 games a year I consider amazing. Its a total shit ratio of released:good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
well you don't get game streaming with PS+, that PSNow which is an extra $120/yr or whatever (I dunno never subbed). So they are "combining" the two, and charging more than double and adding PS1-PS3 game streaming/local library as an incentive.

Ah, yeah. So I read that wrong. Thought "game streaming" was the same as sharing the game. I've done that many times, several coop games can be streamed with a friend without you owning it with the "share" feature. Or just hosting it as a stream so they can look at it.

Then it at least has some new things. Thought it was just basic PS+ features which they split up.

Still, as you say, very expensive.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Found out today my galaxy bud pros won't work with the PS5, what headphones do you suggest, I got a huge head bros like last button on my snapback big.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
you can make samsung buds (and apple, etc) work on ps5 with a bluetooth adapter. yeah its stupid as fuck
www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Computer-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B088LNPXNN

alternatively the pulse 3Ds or anything like that is great, the PS5 compatible headsets go on sale constantly at gamestop, best buy, amazon, etc and its best to just wait for a sale and grab a pair. I also recommend getting a 2 year warranty, headsets and controllers are the 2 things where its worth getting a 2-3 year warranty and in 2 years if you can remember just take it in and get a new one, because 99% likely you broke your headphones (its easy to break it too... if you know what i mean... wink wink) or have stick drift.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

The bigger problem is that so few GREAT games are released every year it makes no sense to sub to anything that costs more than $10/mo. Just like Netflix is fine at $8/mo but a shit deal at $20+/mo, PS+ Ultra Deluxe is gonna be a shit deal if its like $150/yr. I could also just see subbing to the top tier for 1-2 months, playing through all the good shit, and then dropping to the cheapest tier 11 months of the year just for cloud saves and MP access. I'd do that with gamepass except Microsoft Rewards more or less auto pays for it.

if either service added 3-4 85/100 AAA games every 2 months yeah I'd get it, but nowadays there are maybe 4 games a year I consider amazing. Its a total shit ratio of released:good.
If “game streaming” is psnow like, then what is the platinum tier of streaming select ps3, ps4, and PS5 games?

joz123

Potato del Grande
If “game streaming” is psnow like, then what is the platinum tier of streaming select ps3, ps4, and PS5 games?
The same as PSNow most likely just bundled together. If it's the same selection they have now then it is a big waste of money.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The same as PSNow most likely just bundled together. If it's the same selection they have now then it is a big waste of money.
What I’m getting at is that the silver tier has “game streaming” and the platinum tier has “access to select PS3, ps4, and PS5 titles streaming” along with that, which means the “game streaming” at the lower tiers is not the psnow-like thing

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just the highest tier is PSNow. Don't know really what the game streaming means if it's different.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
WTS my PS5 disc or trade for an Xbox X.

WHO WANTS IT? It's been played like ten times.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
WTS my PS5 disc or trade for an Xbox X.

WHO WANTS IT? It's been played like ten times.

How much are you selling the PS5 for? I have a friend who has been looking for ages and doesn't want to buy from a scalper. Dunno if this is a good time for him to make a purchase or not but I can pass it along.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

So earlier graphic either an old idea or hoax.

For this actual concept, seems terrible if you have been in the ecosystem for awhile already. They’ve stated that new ps studio games won’t go straight to the service. Good for anyone who just started with PlayStation though, maybe grab a few months to a year and play all of the games that it does have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
its a joke compared to gamepass and having that middle tier is super bizarre for a $20 difference. No crunchyroll, sounds like the back compat stuff is done through PSNow (streaming) which is being rollled in.

Oh well, at least they kept the basic bitch PS+ at $60/yr and i'll just stick with that. I'd prefer a low cheap tier $20-30/yr that just gives MP and cloud saves but ain't getting that. I could see getting a month or two of the $120/yr tier, playing some cloud shit, and then downgrading back to basic tier because while everyone constantly says they want BC, no one actually ends up playing those old games as anything other than a novelty. The xbox one does BC amazingly well and has tons of crazy features (autoHDR, 4K upscaling, 60 fps, etc) but stats constantly bear out that hardly anyone actually runs 360 games.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man their monthly games are just terrible. StS is great but it’s like 5 years old or something? I haven’t even logged in to DL any in months.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, with a PS people have to pay to access the internet, above and beyond just having internet in their house?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
How much are you selling the PS5 for? I have a friend who has been looking for ages and doesn't want to buy from a scalper. Dunno if this is a good time for him to make a purchase or not but I can pass it along.

Xarpolis already bought it.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Any word on conversions like Xbox gold to ultimate? Guessing our future months will just be converted to the basic tier and you pay the difference at MSRP if you upgrade? If so there's not a chance Im doing that. Most people probably just buy the yearly at 30-35$ when they can.

Hopefully you can pick up yearly top tiers for about 65$ the same way.

spronk

FPS noob
they've already said if you have PSNow you will convert to the top tier (saving money) but they also removed all the options to buy yearly PSNow subs and they haven't said anything about conversion rates and what happens if you have like 2 years of PSNow and 2 years of PS+

existing just PS+ users just stay with what they have, i'm sure you'll be able to upgrade to the higher tiers but i doubt it'll be cheap

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So, with a PS people have to pay to access the internet, above and beyond just having internet in their house?
Been that way since ps4, and same thing with Xbox. Not all games with online require ps+ to use the online, but most do (some f2p online games don’t need it like Warframe and Gensihjn Impact). And they don’t actually provide hosting or anything for multiplayer, it’s a complete scam, which is why they had to throw in free games every month as a small amount of rape lube.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is a shit deal.

The premium tier costs more money to get what you already had with PS Now and PS Plus and they de-segmented the PS Now service and separated it between the mid and premium tiers.

Basically the premium tier is nothing more than PS Now and PS Plus together in TODAY'S landscape (PS Now has over 800+ games on all generations) and you could easily find 39 dollar deals on each sub putting what will now be the premium sub at a price hike for the same services today. 80 today, 120 tomorrow. Same fucking services - all they did was subtract out of PS Now to re-add them to premium.

Sony is fucking lost in their business view.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users