Playstation 5

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Git gud f...

Haven't had that happen yet - I did have drift show up again though. I have two newer controllers I am using now on alternate charge back up for drunk gaming weekend.

Would love to know how I have NEVER had a drift issue with an Xbox controller (Xbox Original, 360, Wired 360 for my PC, One, One X, and Series X) yet I go through 1 PS4/5 controller every 8-10 months before drift happens and the fixes stop working.

I switched back to PS4 controllers for my fifa play, the PS5 ones aren't sturdy enough. They are 100% guaranteed to have drift within a few dozen hours of fifa, which is really noticeable in that game.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I’ve never had drift issues with either ps4 or ps5 controllers, and I’ve used them plenty. Weird.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never had drift with the PS4 controller, I had a drift issue with my PS5 controller that lasted like 2-3 days a month or two after release, but it fixed itself somehow and it never happened again.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it's tied to if you flick or keep constant pressure on the sticks. I go through a nintendo pro controller every 2 months playing alot of smash. Having said that, what is the most durable controller out there ?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The PS5 sticks can't handle fifa gameplay. You end up making a ton of fast adjustments and they just break.

Elden ring input and 99% of other games are much less demanding on the controller, perhaps excluding some fighters, but it still shouldn't happen.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Apparently Sony has fixed the drift/build issues with the newer colors coming out.

I'd assume this would apply to other colors as well but you're not going to know if you're getting old stock or not?

Crone

Apparently Sony has fixed the drift/build issues with the newer colors coming out.

I'd assume this would apply to other colors as well but you're not going to know if you're getting old stock or not?
Yea, there are a few bundles right now that have red controllers. Do those count?

spronk

FPS noob
the new colors are sold everywhere now (amazon etc) i have a purple i haven't opened i bought direct from PS, but i'd bet in 1 year they have their own small problems.

best thing honestly is just to buy the controller at best buy or gamestop, buy the 2 year warranty, and in 18 months take it back and get a full refund. its almost certain you'll have stick drift and the stupid GS "test machines" always detect drift in every controller so easy to get a replace/refund

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I just bought 4 years of PSNow at $60/yr, it will convert to PS+ Ultimate in June when the 3 tiers of PS+ rolls out. I have hundreds in PSN wallet credit so it was worth it to me, YMMV and all that.

link to add 1 year to your account:

In june anyone who has PSNOw will convert to the top tier of PS+, $120/yr msrp. It gives you PS+, cloud games, and the PS1, PS2, PS3 back catalog (they havent said the titles yet). PS+ existing users will continue at their current sub.

lol

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Are they adding more PS3 games to the list or is it just the same as before? I've been waiting for 3D Dot Game Heroes to show up on Now for years...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm in for a year. Hopefully they add more to the PS3 list, still no FF13's.

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob
they haven't given fuck all info on what titles will be in the new catalog (there are ~400 PS3/PS4 games now though on PSNow so its not gonna be MUCH bigger) or what will happen to existing subs who have both PSNow and PS+.

Its not a huge deal imo, you are basically locking in 50% off right now but I'd bet on black friday you'll get 30-50% discounts on PS+ Premium anyways, just like you can usually buy PS+ for $30-40 a few times a year now over the $60 MSRP.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are they adding more PS3 games to the list or is it just the same as before? I've been waiting for 3D Dot Game Heroes to show up on Now for years...
Definitely waiting to see what is added. Gamepass has spoiled me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Champions of Norrath would be a nice add in.... Just sayin - I never got to play that one.

Good find spronk spronk - I might pull the trigger on that.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sony removed the annual PS Now option from PSN.

In-store gift cards were phased out in January. Window closed on long-term sub shenanigans?

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
The link I posted still works to add 1 year of PSNow for $60 to your account (US)

it'll get fixed within the next few hours for sure. PSNow subs will convert to PS+ Premium (highest tier) after June when the new tiers roll out, and thats normally gonna be $120/yr. They haven't said at all what happens if you have both existing PS+ and PSNow subs, nobody knows.

• 1Like