Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm 99.9999% getting the PS5 on launch.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i'm 100% getting it and will be mad when the ps5 pro is out 18 months later but such is the life of a gamer

i just hope i turn on my PSVR at least once before the ps5 is out

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i'm 100% getting it and will be mad when the ps5 pro is out 18 months later but such is the life of a gamer

i just hope i turn on my PSVR at least once before the ps5 is out

Well that's your own fault. Plenty of good stuff to play on it :)

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Doubt it will be day 1 or even within the first year. The console exclusives aren't enough of a draw any longer when there have been so many cross platform releases to satisfy me. Plus with the ease and choice of playing PC at desk or with controller and TV these days makes my consoles paperweights the majority of the time.

• 1Dislike

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Doubt it will be day 1 or even within the first year. The console exclusives aren't enough of a draw any longer when there have been so many cross platform releases to satisfy me. Plus with the ease and choice of playing PC at desk or with controller and TV these days makes my consoles paperweights the majority of the time.

I would normally think this except Sony destroyed everyone in exclusives. You could definitely get away with this though on Xbox. Any cross platform game can be played on a PS5 or PC - and Microsoft exclusives will all come out via windows. There really isn't a need to get an Xbox console. The only benefit I am getting from my X at this point is media (Dolby vision) and Atmos support once I finally pull the trigger on the 2 speakers I need to add. But if you are a gamer, and do not have access to the Sony exclusives (Too many awesome games to name at this point but we all know what they are by now anyway) that's a crying shame.

The only other outlier is friends list. Everyone I play with save 1-2 people have fully migrated to PS anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I would normally think this except Sony destroyed everyone in exclusives. You could definitely get away with this though on Xbox. Any cross platform game can be played on a PS5 or PC - and Microsoft exclusives will all come out via windows. There really isn't a need to get an Xbox console. The only benefit I am getting from my X at this point is media (Dolby vision) and Atmos support once I finally pull the trigger on the 2 speakers I need to add. But if you are a gamer, and do not have access to the Sony exclusives (Too many awesome games to name at this point but we all know what they are by now anyway) that's a crying shame.

The only other outlier is friends list. Everyone I play with save 1-2 people have fully migrated to PS anyway.

I agree their exclusives are fantastic, but 1) I'm sick of exclusivity 2) the amount of money I would spend for 5-10 games tops over the life of a console isn't worth the $1k+ I'd end up spending.

Luckily most of my friends that are PS only console people have PC for all the good multiplayer games.

The only thing that keeps me touching xbox is the use as a media player and the $1 a month game pass I've had the last year enabling me to at least try games and has netted me about a dozen games that I actually played to completion I would never have played otherwise and they (Microsoft) continue to make strides in trying to make their games available everywhere which is just good business sense for consumers.

The Switch wins most of my console playtime since I can use during my monthly travel and the ease in allowing random friends to play local coop games though I still wish they'd do something with their hardware to go next gen sometime in my life, but I doubt it will happen thanks to all the willing people to cough up funds to buy indie games that are $1 on steam and $30 on switch.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I ordered mine on Amazon the day PS4 pre-orders went available and I got mine launch day, no big deal
Amazon sent me a 2nd PS4 on launch day by accident. Was awesome!

• 3Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I grabbed mine from the UPS truck driver as he laid it in the driveway of my in-laws house and then drove away. Guy didn't say shit

Del

Vyemm Raider
Hard pass.

Ever since Sony went sjw and almost every third party Playstation exclusive went to PC, I've regretted owning a ps4 and sat on a lapsed unredeemed 1 year PS+ membership code for months.

With the next consoles I'll just take advantage of store return policies and essentially rent the consoles. Games will be gamefly'd or used gamestop return scammed. There has been absolutely no Sony exclusive that warranted anything more than a rental.

• 3Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I will probably buy a PS5 to play all the PS4 exclusives I never got to play. GOW and H:ZD specifically. Both of those games look awesome.

• 1WTF

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I will probably buy a PS5 to play all the PS4 exclusives I never got to play. GOW and H:ZD specifically. Both of those games look awesome.

As someone who waits until games are $10 before buying abd recently finished both; I say those two alone may be worth the price of the PS5 for a first play through. Both fantastic stories that you want to continue after they are through.

• 3Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Will get it on launch. As everyone here who says they won't get it will too :)
Yeah, no real reason for me to wait. I’d end up getting one long before a price drop anyways. Plus with BC I can just sell my pro

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hard pass.

Ever since Sony went sjw and almost every third party Playstation exclusive went to PC, I've regretted owning a ps4 and sat on a lapsed unredeemed 1 year PS+ membership code for months.

With the next consoles I'll just take advantage of store return policies and essentially rent the consoles. Games will be gamefly'd or used gamestop return scammed. There has been absolutely no Sony exclusive that warranted anything more than a rental.
You’re on drugs. Last of Us, Bloodborne, God of War, Uncharted, HZD, Spiderman are all already the best games of the this generation, and there are a few more exclusives coming that might be excellent as well

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You’re on drugs. Last of Us, Bloodborne, God of War, Uncharted, HZD, Spiderman are all already the best games of the this generation, and there are a few more exclusives coming that might be excellent as well

The PS4 purchase was worth it for Bloodborne alone.

Full disclosure, I bought a used one on craigslist a few months after release for $225.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Last of Us was last generation, but other than that I agree with you. I've been a huge fan of their exclusives this generation, and I'm really optimistic about Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsumisha. Honestly, God of War might be my favorite game of this generation so far.

I probably still won't get a PS5 until year 2 though. I always give it some time for a few big titles to come out. The first run of titles always wind up spanning both generations and the ones that don't aren't usually aren't very good anyway. By the time time we get to holiday season of year 2 though there are usually 4 or 5 titles I really want to try out and I pick it up then. It also gives them time to work through any hardware problems they might have.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Last of Us was last generation, but other than that I agree with you. I've been a huge fan of their exclusives this generation, and I'm really optimistic about Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsumisha. Honestly, God of War might be my favorite game of this generation so far.

I probably still won't get a PS5 until year 2 though. I always give it some time for a few big titles to come out. The first run of titles always wind up spanning both generations and the ones that don't aren't usually aren't very good anyway. By the time time we get to holiday season of year 2 though there are usually 4 or 5 titles I really want to try out and I pick it up then. It also gives them time to work through any hardware problems they might have.
Yeah, I kinda lumped tlou 2 in there with the first.

I get your logic and it makes sense if you are patient, I just thought Del’s comment that all exclusives are rentals at best was dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
All of those games (except HZD, which I haven't touched because I absolutely hate Guerrilla Games) I beat in a week or so and most can be beaten over a weekend. I also beat TLOU like 6 years ago on PS3 and didn't think it was anything special. Bloodborne is the only game in that list that I would consider among the best, but I still haven't beaten it more than once. Since I got my PS4, it's probably been turned on for about 3-4 weeks per year. My PS4 hasn't even been powered on since Spiderman.

• 1Moron
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users