Playstation 5

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'd be less disappointed if my son came out as gay than if he came out as liking Killzone.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Mehhhh. Got my PS4 Pro about half a year ago after my PS4 got refurbed. Backlog of 20 games by now. Those alone will take me 4 years to finish. I'll see you guys when the PS5 pro gets a massive discount in the RDR3 bundle.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just like the PS4, I'll pick it up when there's a really good game for it. Which for PS4 was Bloodborne, and even that I didn't buy right away, and should have waited a bit more since the console price dropped a few months after I bought it. I own like 10 games on PS4 total I think, so really don't care about day1, especially since more and more games are getting ported to PC. Even if it's backward compatible I don't see too much of a point, emulation is far enough ahead that you can run the old PS games on PC with improved graphics, which I doubt their automated shit will do nearly as well. I'll probably buy a DS5 pad pretty early if it's nice enough though.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We'll get at least one at launch. and eventually two. It depends if they launch with a "pro" version or not.

Needless

Toe Sucker
somewhere sean awoke from his slumber vibrating with anger at that post

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Mehhhh. Got my PS4 Pro about half a year ago after my PS4 got refurbed. Backlog of 20 games by now. Those alone will take me 4 years to finish. I'll see you guys when the PS5 pro gets a massive discount in the RDR3 bundle.
Ditto here. I even have a PS3 backlog that I doubt I'll ever go back to. I'll probably skip this generation.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So many non-conformist in here.

Image result for south park nonconformist

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I read load screens go from 15 seconds to half second. Load screens in Bloodborne prompted me to get a faster drive, it was my only complaint with the game. I’ll probably be doing a new play through once ps5 hits, I never did finish it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I read load screens go from 15 seconds to half second. Load screens in Bloodborne prompted me to get a faster drive, it was my only complaint with the game. I’ll probably be doing a new play through once ps5 hits, I never did finish it.
Load times suck, but the 30 fps is a real killer for me now. I simply can't play the game any more, due to the terrible framerate. It's one of my favorite games, but playing high refresh rates really spoils you. I'll suffer through The Last of Us 2, which I'm pretty certain will be 30 fps as well. These consoles really need to focus on framerate and not resolution, in this next generation.

• 3Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Load times suck, but the 30 fps is a real killer for me now. I simply can't play the game any more, due to the terrible framerate. It's one of my favorite games, but playing high refresh rates really spoils you. I'll suffer through The Last of Us 2, which I'm pretty certain will be 30 fps as well. These consoles really need to focus on framerate and not resolution, in this next generation.
It's really unlikely they ever focus on framerate, but hopefully they'll have performance/quality settings more often/all the time, so you can just pick if you want to play at 4k 30FPS or 1440p 60FPS like you can on PC(although PC can also do 4k 60FPS by tweaking shit, while console is generally just one or the other, they don't let you turn off specific effects that often).

Loading were definitely a relic though and it'd have been nice if the PS4 had been built with a small SSD inside or a proper SATA3 interface, but eh soon. From what I understood the PS5 is retro compatible too so can just not buy any of the PS4 games next year I might want and wait until the end of the year instead. Not too many of them anyway for me, I didn't really like The Last of Us so not gonna bother with 2, I assume FF7R is coming to PC in 8 to 10months or so so about the same time and not sure if there was anything else that also doesn't release on PC. Should probably look into buying a new TV too since mine is like 15years old and doesn't do most of the fancy shit. Just need to spend some time trying to sort through the least shitty smart tv system reviews.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's really unlikely they ever focus on framerate, but hopefully they'll have performance/quality settings more often/all the time, so you can just pick if you want to play at 4k 30FPS or 1440p 60FPS like you can on PC(although PC can also do 4k 60FPS by tweaking shit, while console is generally just one or the other, they don't let you turn off specific effects that often).

Loading were definitely a relic though and it'd have been nice if the PS4 had been built with a small SSD inside or a proper SATA3 interface, but eh soon. From what I understood the PS5 is retro compatible too so can just not buy any of the PS4 games next year I might want and wait until the end of the year instead. Not too many of them anyway for me, I didn't really like The Last of Us so not gonna bother with 2, I assume FF7R is coming to PC in 8 to 10months or so so about the same time and not sure if there was anything else that also doesn't release on PC. Should probably look into buying a new TV too since mine is like 15years old and doesn't do most of the fancy shit. Just need to spend some time trying to sort through the least shitty smart tv system reviews.

Hold off on the TV for a bit longer so you can get one with high refresh and async capabilities. Affordable tv's with hdmi 2.1 should be available around the time PS5 arrives

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hold off on the TV for a bit longer so you can get one with high refresh and async capabilities. Affordable tv's with hdmi 2.1 should be available around the time PS5 arrives
Yeah won't buy one right now, most likely late next year or whenever I decide to buy the PS5, I guess it depends on launch games and whatever they released on PS4 I want to play, if there's nothing I won't be buying it at launch anyway.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
so it's gonna be out around for the 2020 xmas sales? that might be the first ever console I own. Makes me feel like a traitor

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I declined buying a PS4 because I though Xbox One might be as good and that the exclusives couldn't be amazing. Wrong on both counts and I won't be making that mistake again.

I will preorder one, two if possible to sell the second for a profit.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user