Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I declined buying a PS4 because I though Xbox One might be as good and that the exclusives couldn't be amazing. Wrong on both counts and I won't be making that mistake again.

I will preorder one, two if possible to sell the second for a profit.

If it's something we can pre-order, would you really make much buying and selling a second? A pre-order program would seem like they could know and plan for the demand much easier to meet it.

Not doubting you, just curious. I've never done the scalping thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
I felt like flipping consoles was more profitable a few generations ago

spronk

FPS noob
yeah china #1 makes so many consoles now that its unlikely, but on the flip (hah) side you can easily pre order that stuff online from amazon/best buy and cancel a day before release if no one wants to pay you double. the last few reg consoles - xbox one X, ps4 pro, switch lite - all were easily available in stock on launch everywhere. Maybe some custom shit like a launch PS5 that has a god of war skin or something.

also don't sell on craigslist you will get killed over consoles and nikes

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I could have sworn I saw PS4s going for 1000 the week of release, maybe I just get the one.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
PS5 at release entirely depends on the quality of release titles.

I'm not interested in The Order 1886 or Knack.

I am however interested in a new Infamous, God of War or JRPG.

Backwards compatibility doesn't sell it to me, but I still hope it happens.

The haptic feedback on the controllers is neato tho

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't remember PS4 being particularily expensive, generally it's the Nintendo shit that you can flip easily cause they always produce low amounts to not waste but they apparently can't predict for shit(can't blame them too much with stuff like the Wii U).

Worst case you can sell it for the price you bought it or a small amount more but I doubt you'll flip a PS5 at 1k unless they completely fucking shit themselves on production.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't remember PS4 being particularily expensive, generally it's the Nintendo shit that you can flip easily cause they always produce low amounts to not waste but they apparently can't predict for shit(can't blame them too much with stuff like the Wii U).

Worst case you can sell it for the price you bought it or a small amount more but I doubt you'll flip a PS5 at 1k unless they completely fucking shit themselves on production.

I have never been a day one buyer but backwards compatibility plus faster load times means I will get a ton of use out of it even for 20 dollar PS4 games.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The few friends I have that won't be big boys and build a gaming PC - It still blows my mind they go Xbox over PS. Especially after how dominant PS was this generation, game wise. These idiots have stockholm syndrome on name alone it's sad. :NPC:

Or you could also just not be poor and buy one of everything, but yeah.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2020 TV models across the board should be 2.1 HDMI. Using Samsung as an example only their 8K and Q90R models have 2.1, everything else used 2.0 for 2019 models.

4K120 is likely to last a long time while 8K may not even be a thing for PS6.

Last edited:

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm kind of tired of upgrading TVs for resolution. I don't even give a shit about 4k yet.

• 4Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
The few friends I have that won't be big boys and build a gaming PC - It still blows my mind they go Xbox over PS. Especially after how dominant PS was this generation, game wise. These idiots have stockholm syndrome on name alone it's sad. :NPC:

Or you could also just not be poor and buy one of everything, but yeah.

Americans are fucking dumb. There's a reason the only region the Xbox even has a footprint is North America.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'll probably buy one because I buy all this shit but I'm not really excited about it. I'm not upgrading my TV to 8K from 4K just for games. Faster load times are great but it is not like that in itself is some insane new gameplay experience - just less suck that should have been droned out of the system previously. Don't give a shit about backwards compatibility since I've played pretty much everything I'd want to and I don't care about nostalgia.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll probably buy one because I buy all this shit but I'm not really excited about it. I'm not upgrading my TV to 8K from 4K just for games. Faster load times are great but it is not like that in itself is some insane new gameplay experience - just less suck that should have been droned out of the system previously. Don't give a shit about backwards compatibility since I've played pretty much everything I'd want to and I don't care about nostalgia.
I mean there's absolutely no way any of the next gen consoles, or even the revisions to them they release later will run 8k games at even 30FPS. 8k is basically for movies only, nothing can realistically run 8k games without turning everything to the minimum and you'd still probably not hit 60FPS on a 2080ti. The fact they can output 8k is almost entirely irrelevant other than being able to stream 8k content to a 8k TV.

Otherwise mostly in that case it's gonna be about exclusives again, they still make some decent Playstation only games, or they have huge delay on the ports which can be annoying(Red Dead Redemption 2 for example). But it's unlikely they have much at release so there won't be much of a rush imo. We'll see though they could have a neat surprise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ll pick up the new Xbox and PS5.

I’m not into really into gimmicks like Vita, Kinect and Sony VR anymore.

With that said I’ll pick up PS5 for God of War and Last of us series. Not really into the Japanese pedo school persona fantasy simulators final fantasy like Sean.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Damn. I got a PS4Pro last december or so.
Not sure if I want a PS5 so soon or maybe wait for a Pro version.
Mehhhh. Got my PS4 Pro about half a year ago after my PS4 got refurbed. Backlog of 20 games by now. Those alone will take me 4 years to finish. I'll see you guys when the PS5 pro gets a massive discount in the RDR3 bundle.
I realize I already said that half a year ago.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn. I got a PS4Pro last december or so.
Not sure if I want a PS5 so soon or maybe wait for a Pro version.

I realize I already said that half a year ago.

You’ll get a PS5 after we start posting pics bro.

You don’t wanna be the only kid in class wearing Walmart shoes while we show off our new Jordan’s.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users