Playstation 5

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
i'm on spoiler blackout so i'll only know if i play
Can you get refunds on PS stuff like you do on Steam?

Although if it was Steam, I suspect that they'd hide the "surprise" after just enough hours that it's too late for the refund policy to work.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you get refunds on PS stuff like you do on Steam?

Although if it was Steam, I suspect that they'd hide the "surprise" after just enough hours that it's too late for the refund policy to work.
No refunds on PSN. Even just cancelling a preorder before a game's release is a pain in the ass because they charge your card the moment you preorder it, and up until fairly recently they would claim it was a "one-time gesture of goodwill" or other such bullshit. Once you even begin the download of a released game, all sales are final.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the "full retard" moment the first of many "full retard" moments is more than two hours into the game, unless maybe you skip all the cutscenes leading up to it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
gv2pyjwc4v451.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is the Demon Souls remake going to get a PC release? This determines if I get a PS5 or not.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is the Demon Souls remake going to get a PC release? This determines if I get a PS5 or not.
Don't know yet, maybe, not sure, it's a Sony financed game so it's them who decide unlike Dark Souls 1-3(and similar to Bloodborne, which is why that one isn't on PC either). Since they announced HZD, it's possible at least. Could be a timed exclusivity kind of thing(not really exclusivity and more like they delay the PC release).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't know yet, maybe, not sure, it's a Sony financed game so it's them who decide unlike Dark Souls 1-3(and similar to Bloodborne, which is why that one isn't on PC either). Since they announced HZD, it's possible at least. Could be a timed exclusivity kind of thing(not really exclusivity and more like they delay the PC release).
Sony owns the intellectual property but not the distribution rights in the US. Which is why I am curious about it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt distribution rights on a remake would hold over unless there is specific language in the original agreement saying so and considering remakes weren't really a big thing as they are now I'm gonna go with there would be no agreement for including the rights to a remake. It will be considered a "new" game based on the IP

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I doubt there will be an immediate PC release. Demon souls is probably a console seller

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No refunds on PSN. Even just cancelling a preorder before a game's release is a pain in the ass because they charge your card the moment you preorder it, and up until fairly recently they would claim it was a "one-time gesture of goodwill" or other such bullshit. Once you even begin the download of a released game, all sales are final.
Either PSN works differently in the EU, or they're one lawsuit away from changing the PSN in Europe then. European consumer laws give you 15 days to cancel any non-physical-store purchases, and "return the goods" for any reason and without a justification.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
About every game shown was a PS Exclusive - there might have been one that had a later PC port announced, I think?
A lot didn't look like PS exclusive tbh, all the indie shit will most likely release on PC and Switch too, they might just be exclusive to not Xbox kind of stuff, or temporary exclusivity. Once Sony sees the money they make porting HZD I expect a bunch more stuff to be ported, even if it means it's a 1-2year gap. That's enough exclusivity to sell the PS versions to anyone who actually wants the game, and then sell it again to people who didn't want the game enough to own the console, or for people to buy it again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
From IGN:

PS5 Exclusive:
  • Astro’s Playroom
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Destruction AllStars
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Console Exclusive:
  • Bugsnax (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)
  • Deathloop (Timed exclusive, also coming to PC)
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo (Timed exclusive, also coming to PC)
  • Godfall (Also coming to Epic Games Store)
  • Goodbye Volcano High (Also coming to Steam)
  • Jett: The Far Shore (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)
  • The Pathless (Also coming to PS4, Epic Games Store, and Apple Arcade)
  • Project Athia (Also coming to PC)
  • Stray (Also coming to Steam)
  • Solar Ash (Also coming to PS4 and Epic Games Store)
Anything else not listed, is coming out on all the usual platforms.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Demon's Souls and Horizon are some pretty strong exclusives to open with. No lies.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I'm going to laugh when they release Horizon 2 on PC 3 years later and console fanboys start REEEEEing about "MUH EXCLUSIVITY". Because that's exactly what happened with the first one.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you want to wait 3 years to play it then by all means.

• 1Like