Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They didn't drop backwards compatibility because it didn't help sales, they dropped it cause they needed to add a PS3 chipset in the PS4s to be able to run the game because Sony consoles have been on fucking weird shit for a long time, and it wasn't worth it due to the heat/room it took so they dropped it after the initial batch of consoles(which had backwards compatbility).
No ps4 had ps3 backwards compatibility, the ps3 initial run that had ps2 BC. And it was basically the same deal, it required additional hardware in the box to run ps2 games.

For ps4->PS5, i think it’s mainly just validating that there aren’t issues that pop up with whatever generic patch they are adding to bring the games to PS5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The hype around a Resogun 2 is palpable.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
PS3 backward compatibility story,

All PS3's can run PS1 games(Multi-disc games are a crap shot when switching disc)

OG PS3 had full hardware and firmware ability for PS2 Emotion Engine.

2nd PS3 version had hardware capability, but firmware chip was removed from PS3 model(Had too download software from Sony in order for PS2 too work)

3rd PS3 version and beyond had 0 PS2 capability.

PS4 -> PS5 I'm pretty sure is just a video "wrapper" for the changes with RayTracing systems incorporated into Navi, the overall Core of the PS4 is in the PS5(But the changes are very very minimal other then overall speed of the CPU, thank god they finally went x86)

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
PS3 backward compatibility story,

All PS3's can run PS1 games(Multi-disc games are a crap shot when switching disc)

OG PS3 had full hardware and firmware ability for PS2 Emotion Engine.

2nd PS3 version had hardware capability, but firmware chip was removed from PS3 model(Had too download software from Sony in order for PS2 too work)

3rd PS3 version and beyond had 0 PS2 capability.

PS4 -> PS5 I'm pretty sure is just a video "wrapper" for the changes with RayTracing systems incorporated into Navi, the overall Core of the PS4 is in the PS5(But the changes are very very minimal other then overall speed of the CPU, thank god they finally went x86)
I had the OG PS3 that could play PS2 and PS1 games. Bought it for 200 on EBAY and when I was done with it and got a newer PS3 I resold it for 300 with no games. Easiest investment ever.

spronk

FPS noob
links have been going up in europe showing a 499 euro price

image0.jpg

• 1Mother of God

joz123

Potato del Grande
If it's $200 for the 's' and $399 for the actual Xbox SeX would be incredible, seems very not gonna happen to me tho
Doesn't matter how cheap they go. Their games will still suck compared to PS.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
doesn't matter, you have to be a complete retard or a halo lover to buy a xbox over a ps anyway (most ppl just end up with both (or all 3, actually)
Idk, Sony seems to have gone full blown cuck. I think I can survive without playing their slate of STRONG WOMAN adventures and Spiderman: BLM edition. If they somehow can do another Metal Gear Solid with Kojima, then we'll talk.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Idk, Sony seems to have gone full blown cuck. I think I can survive without playing their slate of STRONG WOMAN adventures and Spiderman: BLM edition. If they somehow can do another Metal Gear Solid with Kojima, then we'll talk.
giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users