Playstation 5

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm fairly certain they are aiming for the 1% disposable income types who will fork over $$ for an additional PS5 when it comes in the color they want. There is a whole marketing strategy now whereby (after you make a must-have product) you target people with more money than sense to buy things that no reasonable person would want.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm fairly certain they are aiming for the 1% disposable income types who will fork over $$ for an additional PS5 when it comes in the color they want. There is a whole marketing strategy now whereby (after you make a must-have product) you target people with more money than sense to buy things that no reasonable person would want.
That just sounds like American Consumerism as a whole.

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
My game room has three TV's that my wife, daughter and I use to play together. Trying to arrange three launch day handoffs on Offerup has been a nightmare.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I don't even know what launch day is. Kind of pissed that I was never able to land a preorder. Then again with my weekly schedule being as nuts as it is, it shouldn't be a surprise that I wasn't in a position to click through and order one when pre-orders went live at various vendors.

Guess I voted the wrong option - actually unable to pre-order one due to artificial supply limitations. Weak.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Given the reported yields on the silicon I dont think the supply limitations are artificial. I think they would genuinely love to have quite a few more consoles ready to go and are just stuck with a supply chain that is not up to the task.

I chuckle at the PS5 ads that are running in national markets because there is no chance in hell of anyone getting one before xmas as it is... who do they think they are marketing to with that?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the PS5 dualsense works on a PS3 but not on PS4, lol

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I care about is the DS4 still works with the PS5 for PS4 games (and it's bullshit that it won't work with PS5 ones). Don't give a single fuck about the new 'features' compared to the loss of my back button attachment.

spronk

FPS noob
Target will have PS5s on launch day, but they will not be buyable in store. You will need to order it online for curbside/instore pickup. Best Buy is probably also doing something similar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Target will have PS5s on launch day, but they will not be buyable in store. You will need to order it online for curbside/instore pickup. Best Buy is probably also doing something similar.
Hope so. I missed out on the presales. Really just want it to load PS4 games faster right now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My Series X says Arriving Tuesday now too. From what I understand, they probably weren't sure they'd have the right number of consoles at each distribution center to get them out on release day to everyone in the area, so some people could've had theirs ship from further away and received it a day or two late. Kind of like what happens with Gamefly games sometimes. Looks like Sony and MS got them their stock early enough to deal with the logistics though.

Anyone familiar with Walmart enough to know if they're actually serious about this "Will be ready Thu, Nov 12 after 6pm" shit for PS5 store pickup orders?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
BestBuy billed my credit card for the PS5, it’s a bit early for something that won’t ship for a week. I guess it means I’m getting one to go with my DualSense and chargers they already sent me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Sony confirmed this AM that there will be no launch-day product in retail stores other than what is ordered online for in-store pickup. So no camping out / waiting in line / tossing a few bucks to the warehouse manager.