Playstation 5

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There is something about Arkane Studio games I cannot get into. Dishonored, Dishonored 2, and Prey. Disliked all of them. I do not know if it's the engine, art style, game play, stories... I just can't put my finger on it.

Had the same issue and I don't know why either. I tried to get into all three of those. On the surface they all look like things I should be really into. John Carpenter's The Thing is my favorite movie and Bioshock is my favorite game, and Prey/Dishonored have a lot in common with those respectively. But for whatever reason I gave up on both after like an hour. Just could not get interested in anything that was happening.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I liked the overall look of the PS5 for sure... still wish it was black as I really hate white on my consumer products. I still like Xbox's design better from a functionality stand point but it's clear Sony didn't skimp on ventilation at all so I'm ok with it. The games all look great if you are into their perspective genre, outside of that Furry nightmare one. WTF. I'm personally excited for Godfall and Assassin's Creed Vahalla personally for launch. That is more than enough to keep me busy. The rest as they come out: GT7, Square's game, Sackboy for the family, Demon Souls (never got to play the original), and Horizon. I'm all in for this if the backwards compatibility doesn't end up being super limited on previous games.

Have they officially announced AC Valhalla for PS5 launch yet? Didn't see it. Have no doubt it'll happen though. AC4: Black Flag was a PS4 launch title and the main thing I played back then.

Looks like I got all four of my main wishes, Horizon 2, Demon's Remaster, Spider-Man, and Valhalla. We'll see which ones make it to launch. Too bad Spider-Man isn't an entirely new game though, it really should be. The original teased both Miles and Venom for the sequel, so if this is the sequel in question with Venom, I'll be happy with that at least.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like.. how did they not know that design was gonna get meme'd on? It looks ridiculous. It's that big for cooling reasons i would guess.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Have they officially announced AC Valhalla for PS5 launch yet? Didn't see it. Have no doubt it'll happen though. AC4: Black Flag was a PS4 launch title and the main thing I played back then.

Looks like I got all four of my main wishes, Horizon 2, Demon's Remaster, Spider-Man, and Valhalla. We'll see which ones make it to launch. Too bad Spider-Man isn't an entirely new game though, it really should be. The original teased both Miles and Venom for the sequel, so if this is the sequel in question with Venom, I'll be happy with that at least.

The good news is also that all the DLC for Spider-Man was well done. So even if it is still just extended DLC it should be quality while hopefully the A-team is putting the finishing on Spidey 2.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
isn't the joke that the playstations are modeled after real life buildings? what ugly ass building is the ps5 from?

1591997834264.png

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah one of the first announcements of it said it was a launch title for next gen I believe. Could be wrong though.

Yep

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like.. how did they not know that design was gonna get meme'd on? It looks ridiculous. It's that big for cooling reasons i would guess.

For every person not liking it, someone else digs it, myself included. Cant please everyone with artsy designs. I think its the best lookin console by far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Usually not big on stuff designed to look "gamer" but I like it for some reason. Fine with it being a little big if it runs that much cooler, my Pro can get pretty loud.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure it is 1:1 on the love:hate ratio

Yeah not even close it’s getting meme’d to death but who cares how it looks. Just praying to god my fridge and WiFi router will have some games to play before 2022.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The PS5 shape is just fucking stupid 100%. At least the x box laying on it's side won't look out of place. I'm mildly curious if people would actually pass on a console because it doesn't fit there built in entertainment center.

EDIT Might be a good time to get into the custom console case business, lol

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
during the final reveal, my actual out loud thoughts "please be normal please be normal" then the reveal "GOD DAMMIT SONY"

don't think these consoles will be a day 1 purchase for me this time, barely used my ps4 for gaming as it is. it's seen thousands of hours for streaming but probably less than 200 for gaming. xbone saw more because i played the shit out of Forza.

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was very surprised by the look of the console. It seems very 00s. The glossy space ship-like design is the polar opposite of the preferred slick, matte, clean look people want currently. Then again lay it horizontally on a shelf of an entertainment center or what not doubt it will bother many people. It's saving grace is if it looks "expensive". The photos make it look a little cheap. Glossy hardly ever comes through well in photos.

I'll probably buy this as soon as possible if it's HZD II is a day 1 release. I'd prefer to have it before March when MLB The Show releases it's yearly iteration, and I know I'll buy it eventually anyways. Wouldn't necessarily label it a "must buy" day 1 though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw that the white is the "launch" design and maybe other colors later. Blehhh .....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why can't it just be flat so i can stack the switch on top of it

or what can't it have a cutout so if i want to get psvr now or later, it'll fit on top of it like a lego
images

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If it was matte black it probably wouldn’t be getting much hate. The multi tone look is horrible.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ever since I took the case of my PS4, it has way less issues with heat.

Looking forward to disassembling PS5 case on launch day.