Playstation 5

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gamed every day for 2-3 hours on my PS4, i'm playing less on my PS5 now due to holiday times but the big leap is

- 60 fps. its nice how pretty much all games run at 60 fps, even older PS4 games. i honestly don't notice the huge difference but everything just feels smoother
- faster load times. i had gotten used to "ok, i'll start this game, go make some coffee, by the time i come back it'll be ready to press X". thats now 5-10 secs instead. It is hilarious in Call of Duty though, every multiplayer game is load instantly into a map and then wait 20 seconds on scoreboard screen while ps4/xb1 gamers load in. Running at 60 fps is great though, when I upgrade my TV and stuff next year I imagine 120 fps will not neat but not as huge a jump.

yeah, graphics are better but honestly nowhere near the leap was from PS3 to PS4, i remember playing Assassins Creed Black Flag on my friends 360 and then playing it on my own PS4 at launch and it was a night and day difference in jaggies, resolution, lighting, everything. I'm playing Demon Souls now and its nice but I saw basically the same thing with Uncharted 4 or RDR2, its not "blowing me away".

it is upgrading your CPU, GPU, and SSD on a pc. which is nice.
This. My expectations were not on the graphics front as really, I know there is a difference between 720p, 1080p, and 4k, but my old ass, blind eyes do not detect it all. But what they do detect is sub 60 FPS/ anything that dips below 30. And I do not want to be able to have a full on picnic in between areas as they load. PS5 solves both of those things for me, and that's why I look forward to getting one if they ever start shipping to actual stores, because fuck scalpers and trying to constantly find websites that get stock out of nowhere.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking ballpark 7 grand, but that bitch is 30 LoL... unreal.

The guy said, "for a moment, you're kinda thinking you're seeing something possibly even better than the real life experience". It gives you pause and makes you think... there MUST be a peak to all this. In my ELI5 description above using the liquid and holes... our own EYES have a finite resolution so to speak. So is 16k at 120fps about where we plateau with visuals?
It depends how close you are. The higher resolution let’s you sit closer without seeing the actual pixels so it fills your field of view more. Once you’re past that range it doesn’t really matter. For example a 1080 60” the recommended viewing distance is 10 feet away and 4K is 6 feet away. 8k is probably 1.5 feet away lol.

8K vs 4K is kind of silly in normal viewing situations because 4K you already have to be pretty close to notice anything. It’s just allowing the panels to become huge because they don’t look like shit at the high resolution.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So this is random. I used to watch some videogame/movie reviews by Noah Antwiler aka The Spoony Experiment (think Video Game Nerd or That Guy With The Glasses). Apparently he fell on some pretty hard times and has a history of mental illness, his fall from popularity was pretty dramatic as he had a pretty decent fan base. So just last night I was going down a bit of a rabbit hole on the behind the scenes drama and that picture (different angle but exact same room) showed up.

Apparently it belongs to the same guy. Just really random that I’d spot that pic the very next day. Who knows but it’s mildly interesting. Or maybe they’re just bullshitting.

Andddd you just doxxed him

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Seriously?
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
INSANE. Just sold a ps5 for 1.5k... Craigslist people are so stupid. Fuck ebay. Lolll.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spam your target apps. Just got one after 30 failed attempts of unavailable errors

Edit: Digital edition up now too

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apologies if this has been asked already but how are you supposed to find the game deals via the PS5 interface? I've looked everywhere and can't find a thing.