Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
free games up on PSN. free for EVERYBODY, don't need PS+, and will be added to your account forever

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
another link for free games can get em all in one page after you sign in. If it says unavailable it means you already own it

highly recommend Astro bot (VR or regular mode i think works too), Moss, Rez is pretty good, haven't played the rest

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

Ok which underwater game is better?
Very different games I think. Subnautica is an exploration/resource gathering/crafting game and Abzu is a more linear experience about the beauty of the underwater world. I have not played Subnautica, but it's supposedly very good. Abzu feels a bit like Flower or Journey, but not as great (it's free and not very long so I would say it's worth playing).

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Rez is also one of those deceptively simple but great music game. Like the firework game... Fantavision? If you never got a shot to play it. Need to try the VR mode.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The PS store is SO FUCKING BAD. I hope dozens of people get fired over this shit. HORRIBLE.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Subnautica is great, it's like part Survival(you gather shit, build up shit to gather harder shit and so on), part Horror(just because, it's underwater, ymmv but that shit stressed me), part Adventure(there's an actual story to follow and it's surprisingly good too for something you'd think is just a survival game). I really liked it, although I also somewhat hated it at times cause I'm not really into horror shit and I hate constantly being stressed at weird noises, no/low visibility and just being underwater all the time. Like I'd literally wait for day time to explore stuff at times(early on, late game you get a lot of quality of life stuff that makes exploring more fun, the last big upgrade is actually super cool). But still overall would definitely recommend, the survival stuff isn't super annoying/repetitive, you quickly find ways to ignore hunger/thirst, you get travelling tools super early and you don't have to gather stupid amount of stuff until late game at which point it's easy to make a big farm and just sleep to make stuff grow, so it switches more to an adventure game pretty quickly.

Abzu as mentionned from what I've seen is more an "artsy experience" game like Journey. Not necessarily bad but can be hit and miss and overall isn't nearly as well rated I think. Turns out I did have it on Epic so didn't end up downloading it on PS.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Delivered early. Been warned plenty, but fuck this thing is huge and ugly as sin. Definitely going to paint the side plates.

• 1Truth!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Delivered early. Been warned plenty, but fuck this thing is huge and ugly as sin. Definitely going to paint the side plates.
Flat, if you put two rows of keys on it, it looks like something Peter Gabriel or Martin Gore would have played in 1984. Upright, "World's biggest consumer internet router" is so the wrong look for this gen.

• 3Worf

spronk

FPS noob
top of the line LG G1 OLED TV using the new EVO panels. Should see this tech and hopefully panels roll into 2022 LG C2 models

• 3Weird Boner

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Installed/Loaded all my games and immediately ran out of space. GG.

I bought the recommended external to transfer.

If you can’t play disc games without the disc, why does it make you downloads gigs of shit? That’s probably the only annoying thing I’ve experienced.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Installed/Loaded all my games and immediately ran out of space. GG.

I bought the recommended external to transfer.

If you can’t play disc games without the disc, why does it make you downloads gigs of shit? That’s probably the only annoying thing I’ve experienced.
It installs everything on the SSD/HDD for faster loading, but checks disc so you don't install rented games then "own" them forever, is my guess. I just install stuff as I play it + 3-4 other games for after. It isn't a big SSD though that's for sure but for the way I play at least it's fine.

My biggest complaint so far is you can't backup saves to anything but PS+ cloud, which is complete horseshit. I think that's what Nintendo does too and it's equally horseshit for them. Just let me copy this shit to a USB, or make cloud saving free.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It installs everything on the SSD/HDD for faster loading, but checks disc so you don't install rented games then "own" them forever, is my guess. I just install stuff as I play it + 3-4 other games for after. It isn't a big SSD though that's for sure but for the way I play at least it's fine.

My biggest complaint so far is you can't backup saves to anything but PS+ cloud, which is complete horseshit. I think that's what Nintendo does too and it's equally horseshit for them. Just let me copy this shit to a USB, or make cloud saving free.
Is that to stop hacking or what? I remember hearing about people hacking Diablo 3 with some usb fuckery but don’t know what exactly they were doing. The ps5 storage sounds like bullshit all around.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is that to stop hacking or what? I remember hearing about people hacking Diablo 3 with some usb fuckery but don’t know what exactly they were doing. The ps5 storage sounds like bullshit all around.
Most of the features weren't ready to ship at launch that's why we're waiting on the summer firmware update to see what it adds and enables. The answer is probably a tech oversight as a result of "for fast loading purposes all PS5 stuff has to be installed on the internal drive" and no time to test save files in any other location.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most of the features weren't ready to ship at launch that's why we're waiting on the summer firmware update to see what it adds and enables. The answer is probably a tech oversight as a result of "for fast loading purposes all PS5 stuff has to be installed on the internal drive" and no time to test save files in any other location.
Doubt it, you can actually copy PS4 games' saves to USB on a PS5, but you can't do it with the PS5 saves, the same option is just not there for PS5 games. It is most likely to curb cheating, since you can't access PS5 saves in anyway right now afaik, you can't get access to the built in SSD since it's a weird proprietary system, and obviously you can't get the saves off the PSN cloud.

It really sucks the only way to deal with it is paying for PS+, I know a lot of people just buy 1 or 2 years and don't think about it and yeah it's cheap but if I bought a 499euros console I'd like to be able to backup my saves in case it fucks itself over, especially since there's been a fair amount of reports about poor stability without having to pay further.

They should have a "limited" cloud save system for free if they're gonna leave it like that, make it much smaller in size(500mb or whatever) and make it so you can only upload every 3 or 5 days or whatever this way you don't get people eating bandwith and that shit would virtually be free for them to run on top of the normal PSN costs anyway.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
top of the line LG G1 OLED TV using the new EVO panels. Should see this tech and hopefully panels roll into 2022 LG C2 models

Here's the video for the new Sony OLED that's referenced in the video you linked.

But more importantly, here's the review of comparing both together.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There isn't much. Like there's Demon's Souls and a bunch of multi-plats you could just play on PC, or XSX if you have both consoles.

What about Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone (was pretty mediocre at release but they patched it up decently, and then enhanced it again for PS5 with dynamic 4K60), Control, or the Spider-man games? The enhanced version of Judgment is due out next month too, if you're a fan of Yakuza series. Or the Nioh remastered collection? (Though again, both Judgment and Nioh hit PC at the same time.)

I pretty much just play PS4 games on it, like Persona 5 Strikers and some stuff I bought long ago and never got around to playing/finishing. Load times are a night and day difference, and best of all I can still use my DS4 instead of that piece of shit DualSense.

Is Judgment any good? I'm a Yakuza fan for sure and have played all the others, but I heard Judgment was kind of a POS. ...not sure where I heard that, or how credible it is, though.

Also, Control came up in this thread lately...anyone know if it's gotten a PS5 patch yet? And if so, how does it perform? I intentionally skipped that game knowing it'd get a PS5 patch "soon" after the system dropped. It's been on my shortlist for a while.

As for reasons to get a PS5...there aren't that many as far as games go. Demon's Souls is really the only true PS5 exclusive that makes full use of the system's abilities. However, the fact that it enhances a lot of PS4 games (Ghost of Tsushima might as well be a PS5 game), and totally shreds the load times for ALL PS4 games, makes it well worth buying even if the only things you're playing on it are PS4 games. ...like me.

As for the piece of shit DualSense...I dunno, I like it more than the DS4 myself.