Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

doesn't really mean much, its just a minor redesign of the SOC on board going from the current 5nm CPU/GPU to a new 6nm which is probably slightly cheaper and easier to produce. Maybe they will make more too, but this isn't factored for mass production until NEXT year so pretty meaningless for now

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Drought also.
All we need is the Sea People’s and this shitty age can end.

1620318312675.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Since it takes years to bring a new fab online, companies have to consider if demand will still be there once supply can catch up. TSMC and Intel have announced plans to invest in new fabs this year. The problem is that it will still take years even with the amount of money they're going to throw at it.

Didn't TSMC's Arizona plant go from being 1 plant to 5 plants planned recently? I don't see demand dropping any time soon, especially with the shortages hitting every corner of the consumer market now, with boards for cars and home appliances becoming scarce. But even their first plant is 18 to 24 months away.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't TSMC's Arizona plant go from being 1 plant to 5 plants planned recently? I don't see demand dropping any time soon, especially with the shortages hitting every corner of the consumer market now, with boards for cars and home appliances becoming scarce. But even their first plant is 18 to 24 months away.
1+5 additional, so 6 is the current number and the first won't start production til 2024 with "modest" yields in terms of manufacturing potential.

One person with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters the expansion was in response to a request from the U.S., but declined to provide further details.

"The United States requested it. Internally TSMC is planning to build up to six fabs," the person said, adding that it was not possible to give a timeframe.

A second person familiar with the plans said the company had already made sure there was enough space for expansion when they obtained the land for the first plant.

"It's so they can build six fabs," the source said.

The third person, from a TSMC supplier involved in the Arizona project, said TSMC had told them the plan was to build a total of six fabs over the next three years.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Their reputation is only going down at this rate. I was a fanboy, now I don't fucking care. Then again they already got their money out of me, what, with my 600 game digital library I guess they don't care if they get any more out of me.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Sony's reputation is doing fine, retail and their shitty sales systems are another story. Took two PS Direct drops for me to snag one, but they have a one per household limit so if we really want another the family can try to put up with Walmart and Target's BS. But leave me out of it.

• 1Seriously?

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Their reputation is only going down at this rate. I was a fanboy, now I don't fucking care. Then again they already got their money out of me, what, with my 600 game digital library I guess they don't care if they get any more out of me.

Don't feel bad. I have 158 Epic games and 569 Steam games, 2 1TB SSD for games, and currently WoW Classic is installed on one and EQ on the other. Lucked out never getting a PS5, I guess. Be like my KitchenAid mixer, gathering dust.

spronk

FPS noob

According to Hermen Hulst, a Guerrilla cofounder whom Jim Ryan tapped to lead PlayStation Studios in 2019, the group has more than 25 titles in development for the PS5—nearly half of which are entirely new IP. “There’s an incredible amount of variety originating from different regions,” Hulst says. “Big, small, different genres.”

Microsoft also has a shit load of games under dev, over 30 new games from their studios as well, all will be on gamepass and none on PS5.

Of course 2020 brought us Crackdown 3, Halo Infinite reveal, and Cyberpunk so it doesn't mean much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Microsoft also has a shit load of games under dev, over 30 new games from their studios as well, all will be on gamepass and none on PS5.

Of course 2020 brought us Crackdown 3, Halo Infinite reveal, and Cyberpunk so it doesn't mean much.
Cool, maybe the system will be available once all those 25 titles have been out for a while. Can’t wait to watch them on YouTube.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The true test will be how available the system is by the time Horizon Forbidden West launches. Having a killer app to sell systems doesn't help if you can't actually sell systems.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The true test will be how available the system is by the time Horizon Forbidden West launches. Having a killer app to sell systems doesn't help if you can't actually sell systems.
Sony has no problem selling the systems. It’s setting records for volume and speed of any console in history. The demand is obscene already, they just can’t meet it. That doesn’t mean they aren’t selling systems at record paces though.

• 1Like

Malakriss

HFW will be lucky to launch by the end of the year and the PS5 is likely to cross 15M before Christmas. Would it be nice if that was 20M? Sure.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck PS5.

My PC is way better anyway. I was going to buy one too but this shortage shit is for the birds. Ill grab one in 2022.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Remember you can load up multiple browsers on multiple devices for PS Direct, they all have separate queue times and you want 15 minutes or less once it starts updating.

• 1Like