Please help find who murdered my friends family member

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everyone saying to look into the husband is probably the least helpful post ever

As if the police didn't instantly pursue that

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Everyone saying to look into the husband is probably the least helpful post ever

More or less useful than posts about how useful it is?

• 4Worf

Hachima

Molten Core Raider

Hmm true... maybe we need to know more about this 'close friend' and their possible involvement?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think you guys fixated on the timing of the garage sale have never lived in a small town before. It may be close enough to Houston to be considered part of the Metro area, but Tomball still only has a population of 10k. It's not unusual for people in smaller towns to put up signs Friday morning for weekend or Fri/Sat/Sun sale.

When I lived in Houston, I was on the road every day and traveled to almost every town within a 75 mile radius; I can give some demographic info.

Houston has a huge sprawl and is solid city out to Tomball, making it part of the metroplex and not a small town experiences. It has seen a lot of new development over the last 15 years and is mostly middle class, with a sprinkling of white trash. That part of town, while traveling up Highway 249, starting around FM1960 is one of the safer areas of Houston.

That being said, criminals appear to be more willing to travel to do their dirt, than other places I have lived (like Austin or Phoenix) , and no where is truly safe. This leads the police in the metroplex to have a lot of experience investigating capital crimes. Harris county has enough murders and cleared cases to attract The First 48 TV show. This also made the news (most murders in Houston dont), putting additional pressure on investigators. Hopefully that gives the case a pretty decent chance of getting solved in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Have the police thoroughly looked into the husband?

• 5Worf
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

Well ya, stating the obvious, I'm sure the police's #1 person of interest is the husband. Beyond the fact most murders are committed or involve people intimate with the victim or know them, most of the key ingredients in this case are there to raise police suspicion: proximity with when the husband left, knowledge that the victim would be in an exposed and easily accessible location (yard sale) AND alone. Regarding the alibi, the video recording was probably key in that...just good enough to show the husband left the scene, bad enough to not identify the killer easily.

The hard part is always finding evidence that the hitman was hired by the person of interest to do the hit. Unless the guy was some former CIA blackops assassin, then usually they are the weak link. Most "hitmen" are just random thugs who have no qualms about killing and like getting money. If they can locate the hitman, then there is a high chance they turn on who hired them in exchange for reduced sentance/etc if the person who hired them had direct interactions with them.

There is also all the standard circumstantial evidence that can get a person of interest to eventually break down and confess. People who are culpable in murder frequently overlook a lot of very small things that end up getting them caught. People forget that all sorts of things you use in your daily life or you interact with serve as a means of establishing your location or actions.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When I lived in Houston, I was on the road every day and traveled to almost every town within a 75 mile radius; I can give some demographic info.

Houston has a huge sprawl and is solid city out to Tomball, making it part of the metroplex and not a small town experiences. It has seen a lot of new development over the last 15 years and is mostly middle class, with a sprinkling of white trash. That part of town, while traveling up Highway 249, starting around FM1960 is one of the safer areas of Houston.

That being said, criminals appear to be more willing to travel to do their dirt, than other places I have lived (like Austin or Phoenix) , and no where is truly safe. This leads the police in the metroplex to have a lot of experience investigating capital crimes. Harris county has enough murders and cleared cases to attract The First 48 TV show. This also made the news (most murders in Houston dont), putting additional pressure on investigators. Hopefully that makes this gives the case a pretty decent chance of getting solved in the next few weeks.

Kind of what I was thinking. When I was small I remember going to Tomball and then you left and then drove to Houston, same for Spring and Conroe. I haven't been thru there in a while but except for the signs you never know you've left one town and entered another.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks more like a pissed off wife found out her husband was cheating on her and pull some Texas justice on the home wreaker. Item handed could either be a photo of them together, or a note from the victim to the killer's husband.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This looks more like a pissed off wife found out her husband was cheating on her and pull some Texas justice on the home wreaker. Item handed could either be a photo of them together, or a note from the victim to the killer's husband.
Doubt this case would still be a mystery if it was a photo of them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I would think it's personal when you shoot someone and then an anchor shot after they are down.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I would think it's personal when you shoot someone and then an anchor shot after they are down.
or she's a craigs list killer pro for hire and knew that she needed to finish the job. Cuz even then with 4 point blank shots, the vic didn't die immediately, she still had enough life that EMT's looked at her and took her to the hospital, where she died.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm 95% certain it was the husband either directly or most likely indirectly. But definitely the husband. Another case for the books.

• 3Picard
  • 1Jonesing

Stave

Potato del Grande
Any updates? Did they ever catch the fucker? Hope you're doing alright Aladain.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Any updates? Did they ever catch the fucker? Hope you're doing alright Aladain.

Nope, nothing yet. It's pretty fucked up that in 2019 with a video catching the act (and another video showing the truck driving around), the truck IDed, and in a very public area, someone can walk into your drive way, shoot you 4 times, and get away.

There was an interview on ABC13 (not online though) where the husband said that the doorbell camera also caught the act, but that it didn't catch it perfectly, it was mainly just noise, and didn't really add anything new.

The thing that has always struck me about this case the most, was that on the very first day of this case, video of the act was online. That seemed really strange to me, because I've never seen any murder where a video of the act itself was available so quickly. And yet, there was supposedly these traffic camera videos and such which have never been released.

So I dunno. I've been hoping this is solved at some point. I plan to post it on r/UnsolvedMysteries after the 6 month mark, but after that I am just going to wait and hope that the police do their jobs and eventually catch this fucker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Has the husband been cleared as a suspect? I know a lot of people on here suspected him. Hopefully it wasn't, and hopefully he has a solid alibi and can at least grieve without being under a microscope if he is indeed innocent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
You have RL friends and family around you on this? Because this is about as raw as it gets, and you need real life human contact and support.

Take care of yourself and all those affected by this, and keep the police on it. Find the McNulty in the department and buy him some Jameson and you should be gtg.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I googled this like 2 days ago out of curiosity but didn't bump the thread since I didn't see any new articles.

Has the husband been cleared as a suspect? I know a lot of people on here suspected him. Hopefully it wasn't, and hopefully he has a solid alibi and can at least grieve without being under a microscope if he is indeed innocent.

They usually tie it to the husband pretty quickly when he's involved, so I think it's reasonably safe to assume he's clean at this point.