Please help find who murdered my friends family member

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah thanks guys. I'll def post something if something big comes out. I have no idea who's been cleared or not, but based on what little I know of the husband, I cannot possibly see him as being the type to do this kinda thing anyway. Based on what my friend said, they were each others pillars in their lives respectively.

Sadre Spinegnawer Sadre Spinegnawer I'm fine. I don't have a connection to the family, but my good friend is fairly close to them (which included Liz) and I know he's still pretty distraught over all this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I wanted to post a quick update to this -- amazingly, the killer still has not been brought to justice. There was a warrant issued for something earlier this year, but the results of it are unknown. It doesn't seem to have resulted in an arrest, but the warrant was reported by the media. It's likely for cell records or something, but who knows.

Someone did a write up on Medium earlier this month detailing the case and information so far -- but still nothing. I think this might end up being the first murder completely caught on tape, where they can't find who did it. So frustrating.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 10 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Started reading thread assuming a case with video would be solved by the end of the thread, not just left a mystery. Very rustled.

Searched online. Not much new but this from the last few days.

Is all that new details or bad reporting? How after so long investigating are they just now finding a voice recording of her saying "good morning" like she didn't know the person? And just now finding out or releasing a decal description from the truck?

All very strange and tragic. People think we know so much and are in such control, but nope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Has anyone 4chaned this yet? As in thrown it to the anon hordes that can ID the presidents face in a watch reflection off a trach can.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Started reading thread assuming a case with video would be solved by the end of the thread, not just left a mystery. Very rustled.

Searched online. Not much new but this from the last few days.

Is all that new details or bad reporting? How after so long investigating are they just now finding a voice recording of her saying "good morning" like she didn't know the person? And just now finding out or releasing a decal description from the truck?

All very strange and tragic. People think we know so much and are in such control, but nope.

That's actually new details. It stems from People magazine writing about this too. The decal from the truck is not new. They mentioned that on the first days, and a lot of people id'd it as a pro-4x model nissan frontier.

HEre's the People magazine article: After 18 Months, Police Still Seek Clues on Who Fatally Shot ‘Star Wars’ Fan at Her Own Garage Sale

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I hope you get some resolution on this AladainAF AladainAF . Delphi, IN is in the area of my old stomping grounds and they had a murder of a couple of young girls on a hiking trail a few years ago. No arrests despite having the fucker on color video and a recording of his voice talking to them (and reportedly DNA at the scene).

The cops have really screwed the pooch on it. First they called off the search early on the first night, only to find that they apparently walked right by the bodies. Then they released a sketch of the suspect only to release a completely different sketch like a year later. What little information they have released has been confusing.

Anyway, hopefully the cops running your investigation do a better job than the hayseeds in Indiana. Incredible that they could have so much information and not make an arrest in some of these cases.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Good point. Fortunately I don't look or sound like the guy

Yeah well from what you said that doesn't eliminate you at all. Wait a year and see what the new sketch looks like.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
  • 4Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

new video released

and ppl are thinking the popo think "woman" in a dress is just a man
Damn I hope they catch this prick.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So this is morbid, I'm sorry. Also not sure where to post it so mods move it if you need to, but I promised my friend I would do everything I could to help him and as such, this post appears. I also made this post on reddit in some of the obvious subs, but I'm doing everything I can to get this out here. This write up below is slightly different than what I posted on reddit, since there's a couple additional details from police and what my friend has told me.

Early in the morning around 6:50am on January 25 2019 in Tomball TX, approximately 5 minutes after her husband left for work, Elizabeth Barraza was in her front driveway setting some things up for a garage sale when a dark (possibly black) 4 door mid/late 2000s model Nissan Frontier stopped nearby. Out of the black truck someone walked out slowly and casual and exchanged some words with Elizabeth for about 5 seconds before pulling out a gun and shooting her point blank 3 times, then stood over her and fired once more while she was on the ground. She passed away the next day. This was all caught on a rather poor quality video by a neighbors surveillance. Please be aware, it shows everything, so please keep care watching it, it's extremely hard to watch. Another surveillance camera got another video of the truck going away.

Thus far, those responsible have not been apprehended. Elizabeth was an avid Star Wars fan, and was part of the local stormtrooper 501st legion, which often does appearances for charity. She passed away in the same hospital where she does most of her charity work. She was a loving soul and her family would love some kind of lead that helps investigators. The Peter Mayhew foundation is also rallying around the family and doing what they can to raise money to get the reward higher and such.

I am a good friend of one of the family members, and they know I am posting this. I just want to see if anyone can help with any information and hopefully get swift justice to the one who did this.

If you have any tips or information around this or can in any way help solve this case, please contact:

Detective Michael Richey: 713-274-9206
Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit: 713-755-6044
Crime Stoppers of Houston: 713-222-TIPS

Click2Houston News Story (Contains Full Video - Be Warned)
KHOU 11 News Story
Daily Mail -- Surveillance camera captures moment Texas woman is murdered in her driveway | Daily Mail Online
GMA -- Video: Gunman caught on camera killing woman at garage sale

Justice for Liz GoFundMe

Wed 10:30am Press Conference @ Crime Stoppers
Peter Meyhew Foundation Post

Summary of what we know, and all has been reported by the police or in the media:

1. The truck is a dark (or black) Nissan Frontier. Model mid/late 2000s.
2. Police are unknown if male or female.
3. Reward is currently up to $20,000.
4. The garage sale was not previously advertised. They put signs up earlier that morning. The purpose of the sale was to raise extra money for their 5 year anniversary, which was on 02/01.
5. (This is public record, but was not reported directly by the police). Elizabeth was employed in Data Analysis for a pipeline company. She had the day off.

Edits:

- My original post said 7:30am, but it was actually more like 6:50 or so. From what I gather, the 911 calls started at 6:55am.
- Edit: I was requested by a family member to remove some parts of my posts that contained speculation, out of concern to ensure all of the right info is out there. I will edit my post responses as well.
What did your friend spend his life insurance payout on, and what is his new girlfriend like?

• 5Edgelord
  • 2GreNeg
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 12 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What did your friend spend his life insurance payout on, and what is his new girlfriend like?

What the fuck is wrong with you ?

Try a bit harder to not be a total sack of shit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ah, more of that famous "British" humor, beloved across the world.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also you're slow as fuck. I suggested the husband was involved well over two years ago.

• 2Worf