Podcasts Misc

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While retro gaming music isn't a subject that really peaks my interest, your friend is good at podcasting. I think if he keeps release content, at this quality level, he will find a large audience.

Tell him to keep up the good work!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I usually listen to Joe Rogan'spodcastbut stumbled upon this one today. I think it's pretty good. It's the dude that used to be on G4TV with Morgan Webb...I think. Either way he was one of the main guys. It wasn't Adam Sessler, but the other fella.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eo8GgYr9Bmqqgm

Also, a buddy of mine runs the Geekdom101 youtube and the link to his channel ishttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...5SZ0yUSp71VCOQ

He gets quite a few hits each month and most of his videos cover Anime (I don't watch anime, but figured I'd give him a plug here).

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maddox and Dick Masterson had a split over at The Biggest Problem in the Universe. Now they both have their own pod. Maddox talks to himself and is a smug douche on the original feed, but Dick has a great fucking pod about Insanity and Rage atThe Dick Show by The Dick Show on iTunes

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This news is a few weeks old, but Adnan Syed, who was the topic of Serial season 1, did win his PCR hearing based around the cell phone location evidence being unreliable. A lot of people seem to think after the state appeal process ends he'll probably be released in some similar manner to how the WM3 were let go, with his case having becoming too public to be worth another trial. Who knows on that one though, as I think his innocence is certainly a lot more questionable than it was for the WM3 dudes.

I was really entertained by that first season of Serial, but put me in the camp that thinks Adnan did it without there being enough actual evidence to convict him. With that I guess good news that he was finally able to show it in court.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think he did it but his trial was a complete shit-show. Maybe with new technologies/evidence/testimony he'll get a fair trial.

Season 2 of serial was so boring compared - they really should've stuck to murder cases. I think when they saw their popularity they thought it was because of the announcer or whatever and her style but it was really the mystery that grabbed people.

I've been listening to Nerdist but holy shit I can't take it anymore. Chris Hardwick is not funny AT ALL. And every time a guest is on he tries to throw in how he does standup, and come to meltdown, and he loved watching comedian X when he was a kid and blah blah blah. It definitely is not about nerd culture, it just features 'nerd guests' sometimes but mostly comedians.

Is there a betterpodcastfor what I thought Nerdist was going to be?

radditsu

I think he did it but his trial was a complete shit-show. Maybe with new technologies/evidence/testimony he'll get a fair trial.

Season 2 of serial was so boring compared - they really should've stuck to murder cases. I think when they saw their popularity they thought it was because of the announcer or whatever and her style but it was really the mystery that grabbed people.

I've been listening to Nerdist but holy shit I can't take it anymore. Chris Hardwick is not funny AT ALL. And every time a guest is on he tries to throw in how he does standup, and come to meltdown, and he loved watching comedian X when he was a kid and blah blah blah. It definitely is not about nerd culture, it just features 'nerd guests' sometimes but mostly comedians.

What do you think nerdist is going to be? As far as people talking to celebrities , harmontown(but rampant liberalism if you hate that stuff), Doug loves movies (doug is high all the time and it drags), how did this get made (ehh). Or any otherpodcastthat exists.

One good thing from the "nerdist" network is James Bonding. The guy (sometimes) opposite hardwick, Matt Myra, and the Treasure of the world Matt Gorley go through every james bond. Its fantastic, but anything Matt Gorley does is fantastic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess my expectations were mostly met, although I didn't know Chris did standup so I was a bit taken aback by how many comedians were on his show. Chris is the low-point for me. Some of the episodes have been incredible, but a lot of them Chris ruins it.

I tried to get into Outside Kids, but it looks like that's on hiatus now.

Just something that talks about video games, movies, etc. I liked the idea of Nerdist, but to me it focuses way too much on stand-up comedy.

radditsu

I guess my expectations were mostly met, although I didn't know Chris did standup so I was a bit taken aback by how many comedians were on his show. Chris is the low-point for me. Some of the episodes have been incredible, but a lot of them Chris ruins it.

I tried to get into Outside Kids, but it looks like that's on hiatus now.

Just something that talks about video games, movies, etc. I liked the idea of Nerdist, but to me it focuses way too much on stand-up comedy.
Look hardwick has the insatiable need to want people to like him...and he is in his fucking 40s. But the guests are actually good. Look at The Ringer network as well if you like sports type things. Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald are better versions of Hardwick, but they dont have a ton of guests.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I definitely get that vibe from Hardwick, and I didn't even realize he was so old but I do remember him on singled out. Episodes like the Bob Saget ones were just depressing. I will admit today I listened to Eli Roth and he fucking slayed it. He barely let Chris get in a word too.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I liked Serial season 2. It went on a few episodes too long, but overall it was definitely an interesting insight into a really fucked up series of events.

radditsu

My wife did serial. I guess I am just apodcasthipster, I didn't enjoy it. But the only NPR stuff I listen to is This American Life, and Invisibilia, and I aint to keen on Invisibillia season 2 right now.

The Nightvale guys are doing a show called Alice isn't dead, its fucking FANTASTIC if you like radio narrative fiction.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I liked Serial season 2. It went on a few episodes too long, but overall it was definitely an interesting insight into a really fucked up series of events.
I liked Serial season 2 to a point, but I felt let down because it was a completely different subject than season 1. If it was named something else I probably would've enjoyed it more. I feel shallow, but I know I'm not the only one.

Also her opinion of Adnan's innocence clearly tries to come through as fact a lot of times, so I didn't like that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any episode of Doug Loves Movies with Michael Sheen on is gold. He's funny, he's quick a hell, he's great at the games, and he's a legit Hollywood star with stories and insights. All that and he genuinely seems to love doing the show.

Jon Hamm is similar.

I really miss classic Leonard Maltin game though.

radditsu

Any episode of Doug Loves Movies with Michael Sheen on is gold. He's funny, he's quick a hell, he's great at the games, and he's a legit Hollywood star with stories and insights. All that and he genuinely seems to love doing the show.

Jon Hamm is similar.

I really miss classic Leonard Maltin game though.

Chris Gethard Show is a National Treasure.

Yes that is X-Pac in the clip.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started listening to Someone Knows Something. So far 4 episodes in and I'm pretty hooked. I'm a big murder/missing persons buff.though