Podcasts Misc

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I've watched a lot of true crime documentaries where people are exonerated and I believe the right thing was done - but those are all after-the-fact so maybe my view is skewed. Maybe I'm just cynical

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've watched a lot of true crime documentaries where people are exonerated and I believe the right thing was done - but those are all after-the-fact so maybe my view is skewed. Maybe I'm just cynical
I was just poking fun. I don't even disagree with you here or with Avery. I wast just kind of shocked at the WM3 comments you made but then you had a reasonable response when I asked about it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were just talking about how they had to do the movie just for the Top That rap battle. Can't wait.

Also in the realm of bad movies being torn down.

The Flop House

The Flop House. 3 nerds watch bad movies, usually recent, and rip them apart after. One of the nerds is the head writer for The Daily Show and another writes(or wrote I dunno) for the show.Read the bios.

Lots of the show is them digressing in to ridiculous discussions and it's usually hilarious. Lots of funny riffs. Worth giving it a try if you like HDTGM.
--------------------------------------------

One I came upon from Spontaneanation isWe Got Thiswith Mark and Hal. It's 2 of the regulars from Spontaneanation, Hal Lublin and Mark Gagliardi, and they take one big debate and settle the issue. TP overhand or underhand, Best Christmas Movie, so on and so forth. I'm not super sold on this one yet, but both guys are pretty funny and they attempt to present both sides of the debate before making a decision.

Kind of a similar but not really isThe Biggest Problemin the Universepodcastfrom Maddox. Every week they present something they consider a problem, and make their arguments. The next week they recap fan votes etc then do it all again. I'm way behind but I quite enjoyed the few I listened to.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This last "Debatable" Radiolab episode is the worst Radiolab episode I've every heard.

With thepodcasttopic being "debate", I would expect an argument raised against Ryan's point of view.

DISREGARD TOPIC

SCREAM "UR RACIST!"

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I am with you. Also, I have never heard a debate like that but the fast talking thing is retarded. The whole episode annoyed the shit out of me for multiple reasons. I went from knowing nothing about collegiate debate to actively disliking it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dan Carlin, of Hardcore History, just dropped second episode in the series King of Kings.

He has set the bar incredibly high for himself, with the series like Ghost of the Ostfront, Gengis Khan, and WW1... I am not sure this series is living up to those. I think Dan does better when he has more source material to go off of. Here, it is all pretty much just Herodotus. When he doesn't have other stories, characters, and authors to reference, it leads him to do things like ruminating on killing people hand to hand combat. The last hour really dragged.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joshua Molina and Hrishikesh Hirway are going to do a weeklypodcastfor each episode of The West Wing.

'The West Wing Weekly'PodcastPromises To Break Down Every Episode : NPR
There's quite a few podcasts in this vein. I know Kumail has The X-Files Files that does that show. There's 2 Frasier ones I think. Matt Mira and I think Kevin Smith haveTalk Salad and Scrambled Eggsand someone else has Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs. There's one called The Star Wars Minute where every episode covers 1 minutes of Star Wars movie. They're up to minute 88 of Phantom Menace.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Robert Mays Is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing: Channel 33 |PodcastChart

There is some hints that Ol Billy Barnwell may jump ship after his ESPN contract is up.

I am probably in the TENS of people who understand or care about this reference!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simmons is getting nearly everyone to jump ship. I really wonder what his payroll obligations are starting to look like, haha. Maybe he made everyone partners in the new business, incentivised them grow it with him and take minimal salaries in the mean time.

radditsu

Simmons is getting nearly everyone to jump ship. I really wonder what his payroll obligations are starting to look like, haha. Maybe he made everyone partners in the new business, incentivised them grow it with him and take minimal salaries in the mean time.
David Shoemaker just went over too. Cheap Heat was the bestpodcastESPN had besides Kornheiser.... let that sink in, the bestPodcastESPN has is the abbreviated Tony Kornheiser radio show.

But yeah they have to be taking a pay cut. HOWEVER, i think they are getting some decent HBO bankrolling because Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald are doing a "talking dead" like show on HBO Now for Game of thrones. Plus they are tearing it up advertising wise. I think they are looking at least 100-200k listens per show and that can cover thepodcastside of it. Not to mention the Bill Simmons podcasts are doing the same or better than he was at ESPN, and its fucking monetized. He is also going to use these guys for writing crews on the shows that are coming out. He is going to do a TON of content filler for HBO NOW, then have the Ringer website under his personal umbrella. They are producing morepodcastcontent than Earwolf/Nerdist.

Earwolf has thrown a ton of stuff behind their App Paywall. Nerdist has just stopped some of their better podcasts lately with Thriling Adventure hour and James Bonding going away, and Hardwick can be INTOLERABLE to listen to at times lately. He is like...force cussing and trying to slap backs with whomever. It's screaming " IM ONE OF THE GUYS RIGHT, IM NOT A LIZARD PERSON, PLEASE LIKE ME".

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The newest HDTGM about Don't Stop the Music is one of the most bipolar podcasts I've ever heard. Pete Holmes crushing it the entirepodcastwith Paul and Jason then that insufferable cunt Cameron Esposito taking every opportunity to rant about Bruce Jenner in the film and dragging the entire mood and flow to a grinding halt. Never seen so many comments being posted how annoying she was during it, hopefully its the last one she's invited back to.

radditsu

The newest HDTGM about Don't Stop the Music is one of the most bipolar podcasts I've ever heard. Pete Holmes crushing it the entirepodcastwith Paul and Jason then that insufferable cunt Cameron Esposito taking every opportunity to rant about Bruce Jenner in the film and dragging the entire mood and flow to a grinding halt. Never seen so many comments being posted how annoying she was during it, hopefully its the last one she's invited back to.
She is around once or twice a year on most of the main Earwolf stuff. It's tolerable..she can be funny. But most of the time its "Lesbians right!?!!?!" humor, and its a bummer.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Newest Nerdist has Gary Oldman. He talks about himself really. In particular he talks about his friendship with David Bowie. It was a really greatpodcast.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is 2016 the year Radiolab decided to change the name of their show to WhiteguiltLab?

radditsu

not sure when his contract is up but Barnwell just started a new pod on espn
Yeah he took a ton of money to stay with ESPN. Multi year contract extension. Was completely out of the blue compared to the ...uggh i hate to say it ... "twitter buzz"

ThePodcastis exactly how I hoped it wouldn't be. Dry as toast. He needs a Robert Mays type to keep the flow going. Plus they have him talking about Basketball?!?!?! I hope they clean it up for the better like the Jalen and Jacoby show, which went from barely tolerable to tolerable the last few months.