Point Break Remake (2015)

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I have not seen it since the 90s. Guess I need to. I don't remember it being amazing or anything but I was a kid.
It's not that it's amazing. It was a pretty good action movie. But it's aged incredibly well compared to it's contemporaries. And the plot makes today's action movies look so shallow and vapid by comparison.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How is it a "kick in the dick" to the originals? Like I said, they're still there for you to enjoy whenever you want. They aren't diminished at all by a remake. If you think a remake is really so awful, it should make you enjoy the original movie even more.

Sequels/Prequels are a completely different thing and shouldn't be talked about with remakes, because sequels/prequels can and do change the originals.

That's not the point. The point is that people love to say that remakes "ruin" the originals. If you were to paint your version of the Mona Lisa, it wouldn't have any effect on my enjoyment of seeing the real thing.
you also have to take into account some of these remakes are from movies at least 20-25 years ago. so today's youth doesnt know that what they are seeing is a bad copy of what was a timeless classic. some kid might have gone to see robocop this year and thought to himself, "i heard that this robocop was a great movie, but gee willickers, this was a fucking piece of shit." now he hates robocop and doesnt even know that he was bamboozled into paying for shoddy workmanship. this is why people like gucci and louis vuitton hate those chinese knockoffs you can buy on a street vendor for 20 bucks. not just because it takes away from their bottom line , but because it diminishes their brand when the knockoffs claiming to be you are falling apart.

Disp_sl

shitlord
It's not that it's amazing. It was a pretty good action movie. But it's aged incredibly well compared to it's contemporaries. And the plot makes today's action movies look so shallow and vapid by comparison.
Yeah, it's not an epic like Heat. It's a lot like Speed, but better imo; just a really solid action movie that still holds up today. Has a little bit of cheesy early 90's dialogue, but overall it's a very good movie.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
For some reason, I really want to name one of my warcraft chars Johnnyutah. Or at least use the name somewhere.

I. AM. A. F. B. I. A-GENT!

(there are 163 characters with that name because of course)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
And Swayze. Countdown to Roadhouse remake?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damnit you beat me to the comment.

I almost guarantee that Road House the new generation is being discussed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So much of this....and i think there is a thread discussing which remakes are better than the original movies.

Nonetheless:
n08abej.jpg
There's no fucking way Ocean's Eleven and Planet of the Apes should be considered "sequels".

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Beats the shit out of anything Canada has ever done, ever.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've always enjoyed heist films. And I thought Ocean's 11 and 13 were pretty good. 12 was awful.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I got bored and looked at the writer and director in hopes that maybe they won't be shit but nope. The writer has some decent earlier credits but his last was the Total Recall remake script and the director's most well known work is Daredevil. Also, the cast looks like dogshit. They aren't even trying to make a good movie. They may as well all get together at Patrick Swayze's grave and take a crap on it in unison while high fiveing each other.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well... Kurt Wimmer wrote and directed a good movie: Equilibrium.
and....that was it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I only hope that there is another skydiving scene that becomes the universal joke of the Skydiving Community once again!