Point Break Remake (2015)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
stoners robbing banks to support their surfing lifestyle? i'll buy it.

extreme sports enthusiasts performing heists with the intent of fucking up the world economy? nope, go fuck yourself.
This. The only bright side I see is Delroy Lindo coming in protecting the franchise (his own) as normal, being the badass guy in charge. But preview looked like a total shit show. Who are they going to have to replicate Busey's role?

Sad thing is I'll still end up seeing it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I might watch it on HBO on a hungover Sunday. That doesn't mean it's not going to be shit.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The cast is a lot better than expected and it's a new twist on the original's premise. I bet everyone here will watch it.
I bet everyone here will also masterbate at some point too. That doesn't make me Nostradamus or you any less of a troll. This is fucking terrible and an enormous shit on Swayze and the first film. This film is so bad it's making Kegkilla look like a genius.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What irritates me about this, is the title. They are literally using the title to try and get more money. From the previews, it looks as though there might be 2 minutes of surfing and what they are showing could be coming from a TV in the movie for all we know. I was curious and so I looked up the definition of the title in how it would have applied to the original movie.

(in surfing) a type of wave characteristic of a coast with a headland.

That fits the original movie in both a literal sense and a metaphorical one in as much as you could have considered the group eventually reaching that point with all of the crimes. The title was perfect for that original movie. It sucks for this new one.

Fuck them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So are they going to remake Encino Man next and ruin all the movies I love? ZERO STARS.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Upon entering my first high school Spanish class in 1997 the teacher asked us if we knew any phrases. My reply "El queso est? viejo y p?trido. ?D?nde est? el sanitario?"

No one got it and the teacher said that saying sanitario instead of bano in Mexico is like someone from England saying WC or Loo in the U.S.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone ahhhh?!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In the skydiving community the appeal of Point Break is how stupidly awesome it is, while also having relatable characters! As the main characters are your typical skydiving degenerates... who just go a little to far. The skydiving scene itself (>5 mins freefall, absolutely impossible separation, among many other things) is legendary. I hear about it constantly to this day out at the DZ.

The remake is going to be awesome but for different reasons. Plot is trash, characters are infinitely worse than they were. But the stunts in it are fucking sweet. Skydiving from a plane INTO the Cave of Swallows in Mexico is just god damn awesome. Proximity Wingsuit flying for... reasons. The list just goes on. I still think it will be a shadow of the original. But it will still be worth the watch.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
thanks for that. I think I speak for all of us when I say we were on the edge of our seats waiting to get the "skydiving community's" take on Point Break. now if only we could get someone from the competitive Jenga community to weigh in on the matter, then we'd finally have some decent perspective here.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
In the skydiving community the appeal of Point Break is how stupidly awesome it is, while also having relatable characters! As the main characters are your typical skydiving degenerates... who just go a little to far. The skydiving scene itself (>5 mins freefall, absolutely impossible separation, among many other things) is legendary. I hear about it constantly to this day out at the DZ.

The remake is going to be awesome but for different reasons. Plot is trash, characters are infinitely worse than they were. But the stunts in it are fucking sweet. Skydiving from a plane INTO the Cave of Swallows in Mexico is just god damn awesome. Proximity Wingsuit flying for... reasons. The list just goes on. I still think it will be a shadow of the original. But it will still be worth the watch.
Get the fuck out. Seriously.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd expect to get trashed if I said Transformers 5 was going to be awesome but for different reasons. And this is only a Point Break remake.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would watch all the transformers movies back to back before I'd watch this remake.