Point Break Remake (2015)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of not being paid" - Script writers

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Surfing was only a side part of the first. Looks like they are going to make the extreme sports the focus of this one.

I'll pass.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like thhe actor thats playing bodi but they should have just brought keanu back qnd did a sequel. Agree with surfing just being a side thing, that wasnt what made the movie great, it was swayze and the othets interaction

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
As one of my favorite shitty films from the early 90s, this remake is an abomination.

My friends and I growing up watched this movie every afternoon for an entire summer, because my friend was obsessed with this movie. After the 30th time, I still enjoyed it, so maybe he was on to something.

Chalk this remake up as an idea that should never have made it past the proposal phase.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
might have worked if they had keanu as the villain, it might still have worked if the premise wasnt so stupid. a bunch of adrenaline junkies disrupting the global monetary system through extreme sports? uh no.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
As one of my favorite shitty films from the early 90s, this remake is an abomination.

My friends and I growing up watched this movie every afternoon for an entire summer, because my friend was obsessed with this movie. After the 30th time, I still enjoyed it, so maybe he was on to something.

Chalk this remake up as an idea that should never have made it past the proposal phase.
Calling "Point Break" shitty is blasphemy. Unless by shitty you actually mean one of the best movies of the 90's.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
it's almost like the people producing this are completely oblivious to the qualities that made Point Break a film that has stood up through the last quarter century.

also:

stoners robbing banks to support their surfing lifestyle? i'll buy it.

extreme sports enthusiasts performing heists with the intent of fucking up the world economy? nope, go fuck yourself.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
As with most cult films, its shitty in all the right ways that make it excellent.

Its up there in my list of favorites. I can't quantify where exactly, but its there. I got it on blu ray a year or two ago and have watched it two-three times since.

Need to get Speed as well, tbh.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
stoners robbing banks to support their surfing lifestyle? i'll buy it.

extreme sports enthusiasts performing heists with the intent of fucking up the world economy? nope, go fuck yourself.
^

movie looks like it takes itself way to seriously

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
We have come full circle, folks. Point Break begets Fast and Furious 24: Shady Pines begets Point Break remake.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
If they didn't call this Point Break it's just be another extreme action movie, and there'd be nothing wrong with watching this with a few friends and some beer.

It looks nothing like the original, and while I won't see it in theatres, I'll probably watch it on HBO - I seriously think the worst thing it has going for it (other than being generic) is that they are calling it a Point Break remake.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they didn't call this Point Break it's just be another extreme action movie, and there'd be nothing wrong with watching this with a few friends and some beer.

It looks nothing like the original, and while I won't see it in theatres, I'll probably watch it on HBO - I seriously think the worst thing it has going for it (other than being generic) is that they are calling it a Point Break remake.
That's what I was thinking. I have no clue why they decided to call this Point Break. Had they just gone with an original title, it wouldn't get as much scrutiny. It'd likely still be a stupid movie, but by calling it a remake it's doing itself no favors.

Outside of the character names, it seems like it's got very little in common with the original.