Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Less faggot Magic, more faggot Pokemon. Watched fellow Mystic cops follow some random folks around for a good hour or so given that they happened across MyDratiniNest(™) until they left. Another group ended up getting ticketed but they were swerving and shit. The most serious of business out here in Texas at 4 AM.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just hatched the last abra I needed to evolve an alakazam, and now im too scared because he's probably gonna get confusion/gleam.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
psycho/shadow ball. Not much better. Alakazam is such a joke considering that he was king shit of Gen 1.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Went to the park right before a big Thunderstorm. Phone was giving me the "Thunderstorm warnings" was there for about an hour and a half and caught 2 magnemite,2 pikachu, 1 Raichu and 2 electabuzz.

Now I've seen all of these Pokemon there before but at most would of caught just one of them in a three hour session. Yesterday the place was lousy with them.

Does this give any credence to the weather mechanic? Or is it just anecdotal.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Went to the park right before a big Thunderstorm. Phone was giving me the "Thunderstorm warnings" was there for about an hour and a half and caught 2 magnemite,2 pikachu, 1 Raichu and 2 electabuzz.

Now I've seen all of these Pokemon there before but at most would of caught just one of them in a three hour session. Yesterday the place was lousy with them.

Does this give any credence to the weather mechanic? Or is it just anecdotal.
I think it's anecdotal... but I had the same thing happen with water near a pond just before a rainstorm came in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's probably anectdotal but I really hope they add in that kind of spawning information. Anything that gives players clues as to where or when to go hunting for pokemon adds a lot of depth to the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've had water pokemon show up out of nowhere in places they had shown up 0 times prior to that point (aka my living room, sit here all day and it's eevee/pidgey HQ) just after some showers here about two weeks ago.

Not weather related but prior to that I was out in Chinatown in the middle of the night farming some random lured pokestop; this was during the period where people were convinced you could take a look at Ingress resources to have an idea where rare pokemon spawned etc., so there I was dicking around to see if I could make sense of any of it -- and everything went black in my immediate area. A few seconds later the power went out (just in the general area; there were locations in the distance that still had power and this was being mimicked by Ingress) hence I can only conclude that fucking app picked up an electrical outage a solid ~3-4 seconds before the power went out around us. How the fuck does that work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could be that the cell tower went down before the outage and that caused your pogo app to say, "can't see shit captain" moments before the outage reached your area.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've evolved eight Eevees. My first two Eevees evolved to Vaporeon and Flareon with the nickname trick. The next Eevee I evolved ended up a Jolteon even without the nickname trick. The remaining five have all been Flareons.

FML

*update*

6 flareons in a row. and to add insult to injury, I got that eevee from a 10k egg.

Last edited:

Bricktop

Trakanon Raider
Lots of rain in Austin. I caught a blastoise today. Fucker took everything I had. Read a rumor that fairy type spawn like crazy on the full moon and tomorrow is a full moon I think. Going down to the capital tomorrow to check it out.

fris

Vyemm Raider
just had my 4th snorlax run on me :( there's a house a few blocks away across the neighborhood that has 2 magicarp spawns on it. it's the typical magi/psyduck, slowpoke, dratini spawn, and snagged a magi and dratini a few hours later. 19 candy, 106 more and a decent one to evolve to go! so regret not farming the one dratini nest before they nixed them.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've evolved eight Eevees. My first two Eevees evolved to Vaporeon and Flareon with the nickname trick. The next Eevee I evolved ended up a Jolteon even without the nickname trick. The remaining five have all been Flareons.

FML

*update*

6 flareons in a row. and to add insult to injury, I got that eevee from a 10k egg.

I've heard, similar to the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro trick, that if you use the Japanese name "Showers" it will evolve into a Vape.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I haven't seen any level 30+ people in a gym around here for a /long/ time. Is Niantic being that effective with their bans?

tyen tyen Salty, you haven't posted for awhile, you get banhammered yet?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I took a gym at lvl 38, 2 hours later band. My lvl 32 still lurking in the shadows unbanned.

Goin back to do Unity stuff. bai to this thread.

Gavinmad Gavinmad has cheated in one of the ways listed below. Shame

p00gdjt.png

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
just evolved a frost breath/blizzard cloyster, so I'm now much less annoyed about my flareon army.

Here's to hoping they make insanely high defense mons like Cloyster good in some balance patch. I have an Ice Shard/Blizzard Cloyster that's 93%. He's pretty decent but super low HP is kind of a killer.