Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriousgaming has been trying to do it live. Wireless is kind of flaky sometimes but it's weird to watch.
One stream doing it Live mentioned the setup was like 3 phones. 1 for a tripod head cam to look at the game, one for the game, and another for twitch chat. Not sure how it all worked together, but they were all for sure just walking around! lol

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I hope they get trading and p2p battles in sometime relatively soon because once the gyms get retarded stacked there pretty much won't be any reason to play.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Already mostly happened in Chicago. Every gym I went to today was level 900+ Pokemon, which at that point you can't even try and stack weak/strong vs them, you just lose anyway. I'm not sure how anyone with an even sort of late start does anything gym related at this point?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Probably balances over time due to a ceiling on pokemon strength and a huge curve to level requirements.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I also hope they come up with a way to power up pokemon without needing to catch more of the same type. Basically punishing you for trying to use rare pokemon. Almost every gym around is just filled with 500+ CP rats and pigeons. Pretty dumb.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wtb a statistical analysis to determine how many cases of heart disease Pokemon GO will prevent in it's first week. It would be interesting to see it's effects when lined up against the average govt. public health initiative.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I also hope they come up with a way to power up pokemon without needing to catch more of the same type. Basically punishing you for trying to use rare pokemon. Almost every gym around is just filled with 500+ CP rats and pigeons. Pretty dumb.
I got 50 candies from an Eevee egg (10km can drop them) so now I have Vaporeon and Jolteon. Eggs are the way to go for rares.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
I'm level 12 and have two 1000+ Vaporens. Not that big of a deal to hit 1000CP... Catch a 300+ Evee, evo it, ???, profit.
Was going to post a couple pics I took tonight of the map out at the lake with its retarded stop density and 60+ people in the area where three stops overlap at 1:30am but fuck this forum I ain't resizing no fucking pictures.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Went for some late night Taco Shit, and saw the motherload across the street - a college. I counted the shops while waiting in line - 35. And the campus isn't even that large. I gotta drive through there some time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think they really missed the boat on giving regular people shit to do. Power users, even in a small area will obsessively stack the gyms. Even in my area the gyms are already stacked.

Need to add another kind of "building" that allows regular people to just trade and fight and quick.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think they really missed the boat on giving regular people shit to do. Power users, even in a small area will obsessively stack the gyms. Even in my area the gyms are already stacked.

Need to add another kind of "building" that allows regular people to just trade and fight and quick.
Problem I've been having so far is that even though my buddies have strong pokemon, they're just slightly behind mine. So even if we stack a gym, realistically if people are willing to spend time they can chip away at it eventually. They get fucking 6 pokemon to effectively kill one. If they can do that they CAN take over your gym given an hour or so.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I go outside with my 4 year old son, gave him my old iphone with a card on it and pretty much everything but pokemon turned off. We take walks and find pokemon, or i drive to the next town and we go look there. it makes me spend a lot of fun time with him, he absolutely loves collecting them, i think he has like 40 rattata's now. I play on my phone and when i find one at work that he doesn't have i will save it for him. After dinner he asks me if we can go out for a bit to look for more pokemon. I don't really give a shit about the 12 year olds hogging all the gyms with their ungodly powered pokemon. I will laugh my ass off when their phonebill is 150$ and they don't have it. All this walking around takes some data, and most of the kids are on some cheap plan here because whatsapp uses nearly no data.

I do however voice my concerns about the fucking idiots hunting pokemon while driving on the highway. Swerving from left to right because they found a weedle. I hope this will not be a case of dumbass adults fucking it up for the kids.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You cannot even see pokemon at speeds over 45 just so you guys know. There should be no swerving on the highways. Doesn't solve it all but you won't be traveling down the freeway and get brake checked for pokemon players.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You cannot even see pokemon at speeds over 45 just so you guys know. There should be no swerving on the highways. Doesn't solve it all but you won't be traveling down the freeway and get brake checked for pokemon players.
ehhh... I didn't look down but my phone vibrated (for when one appears) a few times on the highway today and I'm pretty sure I never dipped below 65-70 even when there was light traffic.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don't play in the bad part of town.

Police believe 'Pokémon Go' was used to commit multiple robberies

The robbers, who range from 16 to 18 years old, are believed to be behind 10 to 11 armed robberies in the St. Louis and St. Charles counties, where they used Pok?Stops to anticipate where players might be, in order to rob them at gunpoint. These stops, which can be designated at any real-world location, are places where players can stock up on items that pop out at random, with some appearing only after you reach a certain level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm level 12 and have two 1000+ Vaporens. Not that big of a deal to hit 1000CP... Catch a 300+ Evee, evo it, ???, profit.
Was going to post a couple pics I took tonight of the map out at the lake with its retarded stop density and 60+ people in the area where three stops overlap at 1:30am but fuck this forum I ain't resizing no fucking pictures.
imgur.com

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Where are you guys going for strats, specific pokemon farm areas, mechanics discussion etc? IE: Where is the elitistjerks / thesteelwarrior community of PoGo?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My synopsis of the game is that it's an amazing game that is the first real MMRLG and shows just how crazy the future can look when we integrate a virtual world into our real one. However I think the generally shallow nature of the game will cause a pretty high attrition rate that any veteran MMO gamer knows and understands. I think the roving crowds of people walking around will lessen this week and eventually become more rare next month. The people who genuinely enjoy the mechanics and enjoy being outside will stay, the people doing it as a fad will. In my opinion the following gameplay elements that would enable this moving from a "crazy new type of game that is super exciting" to a legitimate game that has legs for gamers is:

1. Enable trading/battling/training with pokemon trainers ad hoc. This would probably cause the servers to fucking melt right now so I'm glad they didn't do it. Having to transfer N^2 data when you've got 100+ trainers near you would be a disaster. But this feature is one of the four pillars of Pokemon. Enabling this feature at Gyms would make it easier from a server perspective.

2. Enhance the pokemon catching game. Right now there's a simple search routine you can use to guarantee you can find pokemon, but it's a bit of a pain especially while walking (I'm pretty sure the pokemon are moving around). Integration with the AR and showing some traces (scent, foot tracks etc) of pokemon would take it to the next level.

3. The combat system in previous Pokemon games isn't 4D chess, but the meta-game was deep enough to be interesting to adult gamers. Having 4 move slots, TMs (Technical Machines), some choice in which move is used and the other elements we've come to know and love are sorely missing in the fights which are currently reduced to "Spam attack until dead". You also have the option of going beyond and having some gameplay/twitch involved.

For me I'll keep playing because I want to be outside so much with my 1.5 year old anyway. But if I didn't have him I'd probably skip this game.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can't wait till you walk down the street and some retard is in a augmented reality fight with a dragon.