Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Cant edit my post but wanted to add so fucking jelly of my wife. She works at a boutique 1 day every weekend (for the discount). She can hit 3 stops from itand yesterday they were almost lured 100% of the time.

I'm down to 7 pokeballs. She has over 200 still.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Trading seems like the next feature to be added. Gyms looks like they'll be getting more features in the future too, possibly as trade centers. They're also looking into advanced AR devices for the game. Should be a promising future.

Pokémon Go will get Pokémon trading - Tech Insider
That's good news. The CEO is saying all the same things I'm thinking. I wonder what the release time of all of it is. It won't take long for people to arrive at the conclusion that there's no content beyond wandering around throwing pokeballs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I suspect this game will lead to many deaths and kidnappings. These days kids are raised to just do whatever they want all the time and parents are uninterested in keeping track of their kids in public places in any way close enough to prevent tragedy.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
tumblr_oa4d63DSpV1ti5kcbo1_1280.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It is here, even the sidewalk. Depends on the city. Where I lived before the sidewalk was property split between the HOA and homeowner but you had the right to tell people to get off of it. Very few places I run into is there an actual sidewalk paid for by the city.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looks like a good place for a Lure.... this has definitely taken over our town. It's nothing to see groups of people around our parks and Post Offices. Can't believe just how many people are playing this in our area. People that don't play video games at all are doing it while they walk I guess as an incentive or maybe entertainment. Think it's pretty cool.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
People who just stand around their porch yelling at people to get of "their" sidewalk need to chill the fuck out.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The park two blocks from my house that used to be mostly kids and other dog walkers is now a multicultural social gathering place that almost always has a lure down. I can't drive through Haddonfield without being constantly brake checked. Twice this morning a car was not paying attention when the light turned green; the first time there was a bulbasaur so I was glad for it. I walked more this weekend than I normally do on a treadmill in a month. I hung for a half hour outside a library (2 lures) with basically every race on earth and 2 cops idled on the side of the road.

If this game causes Seans to leave the house, lazy fucks like me to exercise, parents to actually finally pay attention to their shitty spoiled kids, and people of different ages and races to come together to very awkwardly sorta socially interact, I'll take it. Some car accidents and armed robberies are the price of progress.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's not a good thing, tbh.

Nintendo has this habit of reading large boosts in income from fads as a sign of what people want long term.

That's how we got the Wii U following the Wii, for instance.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Nintendo has this habit of reading large boosts in income from fads as a sign of what people want long term.

Uh, yeah it's a good thing if you want PokemonGo to have legs and more content like it to be made.

Neph_sl

shitlord

It also depends on what Nintendo does next. Pokemon Go was a great choice for Nintendo's first smartphone game given Ingress as the backbone. But I'm not exactly sure how their other IPs fit into smartphones.

Whatever Mario game they come up with will undoubtedly sell. But there are already Mario Kart type racers on the app store. A Mario Party type game could possibly work.

Zelda / Link could be another adventure type GPS game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Uh, yeah it's a good thing if you want PokemonGo to have legs and more content like it to be made.
I can think of worse things than having fewer free to play microtransaction shit piles meant to siphon dollars off parents credit cards for their kids, but that's neither here nor there and completely tangential to the actual point I was making.

My larger point is that Nintendo's biggest mistakes in the past decade have been by chasing profits from short term fads, which has hurt them badly in the console and handheld marketplaces by misleading them into thinking that ideas like the Wii U pad were where they should go next in order to keep chasing the cocaine like rush of those short term massive pop culture profits.

It also depends on what Nintendo does next. Pokemon Go was a great choice for Nintendo's first smartphone game given Ingress as the backbone. But I'm not exactly sure how their other IPs fit into smartphones.

Whatever Mario game they come up with will undoubtedly sell. But there are already Mario Kart type racers on the app store. A Mario Party type game could possibly work.

Zelda / Link could be another adventure type GPS game.
I'm pretty concerned that their shareholders might push them to go full mobile or something. I mean that's what Konami has done. Pachinko machines and mobile development almost exclusively.

And frankly, mobile gaming is majority trash. There are some good games there, but its like fishing for a golden nugget in an ocean of pisswater.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I can't wait until trading is implemented and you have a black market of old nerds selling kids Dragonites and Garydos for cash.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't wait until trading is implemented and you have a black market of old nerds selling kids Dragonites and Garydos for cash.
Nah, it'll be a lot of old nerds buying. They can afford it. Meanwhile I'll be able to quit my job and dash mount 40 phones like a traveling egg-hatching sam da man pokemongowalker and make a million in a few months.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
My god I feel like this must be how the early stages of the Matrix is like. There is a gym within 2 min walk down the access road to my condo. I already met one person there. I came to work today and took a long route to get coffee and met a woman playing this. We gave each other that knowing look and smile. This isn't just a fad; I hope it is the beginning of a new subset of games and digital possibilities.