Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Was a 94%. I evolved it and got a Flareon with a bad moveset. I already have a 96% Flareon with the best moveset so it became candy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a waste. There was no reason not to keep it around as cannon fodder for gym attacking. I have 15 Flareons, most of which aren't optimal, but I'm not going to just pitch them. Same with my 12 Vaporeons.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I didn't think about it like that. Where I live there are tons of Pokestops but not many gyms so min / maxxing for gyms isn't something that crossed my mind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I live in a town with 6 pokestops and 2 gyms. Doesn't matter, must play optimally at all times!!!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hmm, 91400 Stardust and 75 Candy to level this perfect Iv level 15 Dratini to level 29.5. I'm going to say worth it?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So I saw 6 Lapras tonight in Odaiba. 3 were Lure-spawned, only lasted 3 minutes, and were far, far too far away to get to in time. 1 Spawned 30 minutes before I got there, and the last 2 spawned on Islands away from the main Odaiba island so I couldn't get them without a boat.

Didn't see a single Lickitung all night. Saw 4 Hitmonlees, a Chansey a Hitmonchan, a Jynx, Electabuzz, bunch of crap really. Picked up about 30 Abra and 20 Squirtle so I'm done with these. Also picked up that 15/15/15 Perfect IV Dratini which I'll work on for the next couple of nights. Also caught bunch of random crap that I either needed or it will be good to bank.

Final List:

Raichu (41/50)
Clefable (23/50)
Muk (22/50)
Lapras
Lickitung

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm, 91400 Stardust and 75 Candy to level this perfect Iv level 15 Dratini to level 29.5. I'm going to say worth it?

Now that I really understand how quick dust costs get completely crazy, I honestly think I'd power up a high tier 100% IV pokemon from level 1 if it had a good move set. It costs 45k dust to level from 1-20 and 250k dust to level from 20 to max, so the dust cost from 1-20 is pretty trivial in the long run. Now if you were unfortunate enough to find a 100% lvl 1 Lapras or Snorlax, that might suck but now that you can just grind the candy out with the buddy system I think I'd still do it.

Even if the difference between a 100% and a 90% pokemon is almost negligible, it still boils back down to higher IVs being the one and only thing you can control about how powerful your pokemon is.

*edit*

Also, hatched a mid 80s Machop yesterday so I went ahead and evolved him. Machamp has karate chop and...stone edge. FML. My first Machamp had cross chop but was stuck with bullet punch for his tap so I trashed him, probably going to trash this one too. God it's so annoying when you get fucked on a 125 candy pokemon, like my Alakazam getting shadow ball.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This has to be the coolest gym in the world.

QGJ6ckt.png

wifkZIH.jpg

sHcdndA.jpg

FGPovWl.jpg

It also has a little show where Gundam (the anime) is projected on the wall behind the giant statue and the statue lights up in time with the various things happening behind it.

It moves every 6 months though so I'm not sure what they are going to do when it's gone.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Now that I really understand how quick dust costs get completely crazy, I honestly think I'd power up a high tier 100% IV pokemon from level 1 if it had a good move set. It costs 45k dust to level from 1-20 and 250k dust to level from 20 to max, so the dust cost from 1-20 is pretty trivial in the long run. Now if you were unfortunate enough to find a 100% lvl 1 Lapras or Snorlax, that might suck but now that you can just grind the candy out with the buddy system I think I'd still do it.

Even if the difference between a 100% and a 90% pokemon is almost negligible, it still boils back down to higher IVs being the one and only thing you can control about how powerful your pokemon is.

I don't think Dragonite even has a bad moveset.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got my first Dragonite (87%) yesterday via 125 candy. Has Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse. Now I know it's a shitty moveset but Steel beats Fairy and Ice; Dragon beats Dragon. So I'm thinking it'll be a great gym defender since it is super effective against its counters, then again no STAB on Steel Wing :/

So far x3 Vaporeon army destroys everything with a Lapras for the Eggs.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Got my first Dragonite (87%) yesterday via 125 candy. Has Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse. Now I know it's a shitty moveset but Steel beats Fairy and Ice; Dragon beats Dragon. So I'm thinking it'll be a great gym defender since it is super effective against its counters, then again no STAB on Steel Wing :/

So far x3 Vaporeon army destroys everything with a Lapras for the Eggs.

Steel Wing Dragonites are for defending, Dragon Breath are for attacking.

You can scroll down to see the Steel Wing Dragonites further down the list.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know who's a bigger nerd, you for naming your dragonite Khellendros or me for instantly recognizing the reference.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't know who's a bigger nerd, you for naming your dragonite Khellendros or me for instantly recognizing the reference.

Was going to name my 98% Charizard Malystryx until it rolled fucking Dragon Claw. Really really hope that move trainers come around sooner rather than later.

Not sure whether to name the new 100% Dratini Paladine or Bahamut.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
.... after the Tekken character?

Hwunn5U.jpg

So I just hatched a 97%...Goldeen. FML what a punch in the crotch. Seaking has got to be the single worst evolved pokemon in the game. I'm just gonna hold on to him in the hopes that someday soon they overhaul moves or buff type bonuses/nerf stab or something. Pretty sure he's the only pokemon in Go that doesn't actually have a single attack that matches his type.